• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Isn't 300 GB

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

Activision wrote, “Correction: The estimated file size currently displayed on the Black Ops 6 pre-order pages does not represent the download size or disk footprint for Black Ops 6. The sizes as shown include the full installations of Modern Warfare II, Modern Warfare III, Warzone and all relevant content packs, including all localized languages combined which is not representative of a typical player install experience.”

Bojji

Gold Member
47ajs8L.jpeg

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Bullshit, if it’s part of the CODHQ then it won’t matter because you’re forced to download Warzone and all that other crap.

I’m not buying this game unless if it is it’s own separate install.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Bullshit, if it’s part of the CODHQ then it won’t matter because you’re forced to download Warzone and all that other crap.

It literally says the opposite in the tweet.

Players will be able to download Black Ops 6 at launch without downloading any other Call of Duty titles or all of the language packs .

Of course you're going to need to download SOME shared files but your final install size isn't going to be anywhere near 300GB. Maybe a hundred gigs or so.

My Flight Simulator install runs close to 500 GB, when you include all the extra map packs and cache files. Plus it's streaming while you play, from a database of around 2.5 petabytes (2.5 million gigabytes). So this guy is somewhat incorrect.

I have every single update installed as well as the newest scenery packs and the game doesn't go above 250GB. Now, if you have a ton of mods, extra airports and structure details downloaded as well as aircrafts from the marketplace, that's on you. Base game is 150GB so the guy is correct.

calistan

Gold Member
I have every single update installed as well as the newest scenery packs and the game doesn't go above 250GB. Now, if you have a ton of mods, extra airports and structure details downloaded as well as aircrafts from the marketplace, that's on you. Base game is 150GB so the guy is correct.
What about the satellite data? That wouldn't fit on any hard drive, and the base game without streaming will give you some disappointing screenshots.

Anyway, I don't know how you kept yours down to 250 GB. Just added mine up and it's 532 GB - and that's almost entirely Microsoft stuff. There's only 9 GB in the community folder. I guess I need to clean up some bloat, but I didn't want to mess with the wp-system folder.

DWrni6F.png

Mephisto40

The issue with call of duty is they are forced to now include all the purchasables from past games in every single game that is released, the size is just going to keep getting bigger and bigger

Eventually they are going to have to find another way of doing this other than just installing every single asset from every cod for the past 10 years on your system

Last edited:

PeteBull

Its not 300GB, coz its 309,8GB, they made it on technicality rofl, rip series S owners with their tiny usable SSD space :D

Shake Your Rump

Gold Member
You can try to spin this how you like. The game page on my Xbox says 309 GB. Maybe they shouldn’t have shoehorned every game into one app if they didn’t want this embarrassing FUD being spread around.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
It literally says the opposite in the tweet.

Of course you're going to need to download SOME shared files but your final install size isn't going to be anywhere near 300GB. Maybe a hundred gigs or so.

Right, through the CODHQ I have MWIII multiplayer installed, no campaign, nothing from MWII, no DMZ, no co-op, nothing else and my file size is still 211.9 GB. You can believe what you want, I see what’s on my PS5. It may not be 300 but it’s gonna be close because each of those free up maybe 10 GB because the assets for everything remain whether you want them to or not, including the 900 different operator and gun skins, and audio files which are massive. It’s not like Activision has never been full of shit before.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Bullshit. I have the same install. Just MWIII MP and Warzone:
KRUfv0E.jpeg
I’m not lying, the number might be wrong, maybe for me, maybe for you. But I have read other people complaining about different install sizes even though they had the same files installed. This series has been a mess with installs since MW 2019, from the missing data pack issue, to updates only needing to download 20 GB for some people meanwhile 90 GB for others.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
I’m not lying, the number might be wrong, maybe for me, maybe for you. But I have read other people complaining about different install sizes even though they had the same files installed. This series has been a mess with installs since MW 2019, from the missing data pack issue, to updates only needing to download 20 GB for some people meanwhile 90 GB for others.
Then you have more installed than you think.

COD HQ is 77GB - required install.

Everything else can be optional.
Campaign ~30GB
MP ~ 20GB
Warzone 12GB

There’s no way to get MWIII over 200GB unless you’re installing the past-gen version or additional language packs in addition to the game.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Convenient, eh? You too conformed when it's something you like. You used to dislike it when it was something else.
I don’t recall anyone complaining about it with Vanguard, MWII, or MWIII. They started using the texture streaming tech with Vanguard.

ComputerBlue

Gold Member
Then you have more installed than you think.

COD HQ is 77GB - required install.

Everything else can be optional.
Campaign ~30GB
MP ~ 20GB
Warzone 12GB

There’s no way to get MWIII over 200GB unless you’re installing the past-gen version or additional language packs in addition to the game.
I know what I deleted in the past, I haven’t played the game in a couple of months so perhaps latest updates reinstalled something, I’ll have to check at some point when I’m home but I’m 100% positive I had everything deleted other than the MW3 mp.

I’m also in Canada so maybe French audio might be forced in the same language pack I’m not sure. I remember looking at all of the files last year with MWII and seeing the audio pack being well over 100gb which I couldn’t delete.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
No it is the real reason why the campaign is always online and it’s been that way with the last three games.
Bullshit. Activision was one of the main pushers for Xbox One and the always online.

This is DRM, nothing more. Don't be a daft cunt like you pretend to be for your favorite IPs and toys.

adamsapple

Okay, retard.

Your response was the typical retarded shit response. Better?

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

Let's not get testy over CoD, these games have had online-requirements for their campaigns for the past 3, 4 iterations already. Not a new thing.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Will Ferrell Chill GIF

Let's not get testy over CoD, these games have had online-requirements for their campaigns for the past 3, 4 iterations already. Not a new thing.
I don't give a shit about CoD having it or not. 95% of the game is played for online. Just those who selectively give games a pass for having single player locked behind online.

clarky

Gold Member
Did they? i dont notice because im not from Mongolia. Pretty sure the previous campaigns can be played offline no?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Did they? i dont notice because im not from Mongolia. Pretty sure the previous campaigns can be played offline no?

I can't say for sure how far back but at least the MW2 and 3 campaigns for the last couple of years definitely required a connection when I played them (on console).

I know there's workarounds on PC or something but eh, never tried it there.

DryvBy

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

We can still be ticked off about it, just like other games that require this for a single player experience.

We either hate DRM or we don't. I personally despise it and don't want to have to "deal with it" like I do Steam or various other crap.

clarky

Gold Member
We can still be ticked off about it, just like other games that require this for a single player experience.

We either hate DRM or we don't. I personally despise it and don't want to have to "deal with it" like I do Steam or various other crap.
For sure.

Nobody likes always online DRM, especially for single player titles. its inexcusable.

But lets be honest in this particular instance nobody is spending £60 for a 6 hour forgetable COD campaign. 99% of the player base buys it for the MP, the campaign is just an appetizer.

adamsapple

Oh yeah, no complaints there.

Just that this is the 3rd or 4th time this franchise has done it and people are either generally ok or indifferent with it cause it hasn't effected the reception. Plus like Clarky said above, the bigger appeal for CoD is the MP, not campaigns.

Last edited:
Top Bottom