• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AIBs expect RTX 5000 for Q4 2024

StereoVsn

Just when we thought that with the crypto bubble popped, prices would go back to normal, we get AI to make things even worse.
Well, not worse. You can buy a 4080 Super at MSRP or close enough.

However, it is pretty terrible as now all future gen cards are going to be judged against AI profit margins and will be found wanting. So we can expect less supply, worse prices and slower progress.

On the other hand maybe this will force game devs to finally fucking optimize vs brute forcing through.

winjer

Gold Member
Well, not worse. You can buy a 4080 Super at MSRP or close enough.

However, it is pretty terrible as now all future gen cards are going to be judged against AI profit margins and will be found wanting. So we can expect less supply, worse prices and slower progress.

On the other hand maybe this will force game devs to finally fucking optimize vs brute forcing through.

But MRSP has gone way up.

buenoblue

I was waiting for a 5070 but I grabbed a 4070ti for £ 599 new on Amazon. Really great upgrade from my 2070 super.

I doubt I will get better value/performance from the 5070 and it's probably 8-9 months away anyway.

StereoVsn

The 3080Ti was released during the crypto boom. So Nvidia pushed prices way up.
Yes they have indeed. Still, considering the prices back during crypto highs, the current situation is a bit better.

Mind you it’s still a complete shit show and it’s just annoying AF how these companies are basically saying f you their gaming customers.

I don’t see the situation getting better until custom AI chips and software catches up and knocks Nvidia down a few pegs. That is not going to happen quickly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom