• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 50 “Blackwell” GPU Configs Revealed

hinch7

Not many gamers want to get financing on a GB202 and the power supply required to make it turn over. Especially when they’ve all learned the shine wears off in 18 months. I’ve got a shelf in my workshop with the first two GTX Titan cards Nvidia ever came out with. They serve as my reminder and I never dust them.
With Ai printing money right now and with so much potential in the global market, I doubt Nvidia cares much for DGPU's. More than just keep the prestiege of being the top GPU manufacturer and sell top SKU's for maximum profit. They'll do the bare minimum elsewhere. If you're looking for a new Titan class GPU, you're going to have to pay for it. Else wait another company like AMD or Intel to complete against them (lol).

Last edited:

simpatico

With Ai printing money right now and with so much potential in the global market, I doubt Nvidia cares much for DGPU's. More than just keep the prestiege of being the top GPU manufacturer and sell top SKU's for maximum profit. They'll do the bare minimum elsewhere. If you're looking for a new Titan class GPU, you're going to have to pay for it. Else wait for AMD or someone else to complete against them (lol).
Honestly I just want to be able to buy something compelling at the $500 tier I'm using to being at. 7900 GRE from AMD is the closest thing on the market now, but I can't sacrifice the drivers. Still rocking a GTX 1080 just because my monitor is 1080p and I haven't been hard forced into upgrading. Gonna be forced to during this next GPU gen. Maybe I can get lucky with a FB Marketplace 4080 when the 5080 drops.

lachesis

Will stick with my 4080 Super for a while. Not seeing any reason upgrading to 5080, as it seems to be less powerful than 4090 anyhow.

The kind of games that I play - 4080 super was already overkill. Perhaps I will look for 60 series or AMD alternative, if they get their act together.

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Typography Code GIF
bug programmer GIF

YeulEmeralda

Linux User
Does increase in raster even matter when everything is about DLSS and ray tracing? And I'm sure whatever Nvidia comes up with will blow the competition out of the water like always.

kikkis

Does increase in raster even matter when everything is about DLSS and ray tracing? And I'm sure whatever Nvidia comes up with will blow the competition out of the water like always.
Does fixed function raster even matter you are limited by its quad efficency? Nanite shows a way around it and it improves visuals drastically. Here is a good blog about engines and gpus: https://c0de517e.com/014_future_engines.htm

Rickyiez

Realistically this should be

5090 $1600
5080 $1200

But what we will get

5090 $1800
5080 $1400

Sigh . I would consider the 5080 only if its about $999 but that is a wishful thinking .

The next strategy maybe to look for used 4090 , really wanted to upgrade my 3080 Ti here . It's been struggling with 4k gaming

Hudo

Gold Member
Has it been confirmed yet? I can't lie, I've already decided the 4 series and PS5 along with my deck and pocket are the last systems I'm owning in general but damn I can't do this pricing anymore lol
Nothing has been confirmed on pricing but I highly doubt they'll go back to normal prices after the 4XXX generation sold well. $2000 for a XX90 is the new normal now.

Or as Jensen "Leather Jacket" Huang likes to say: "The more you buy, the more you save!"

Realistically this should be

5090 $1600
5080 $1200

But what we will get

5090 $1800
5080 $1400

Sigh . I would consider the 5080 only if its about $999 but that is a wishful thinking .

The next strategy maybe to look for used 4090 , really wanted to upgrade my 3080 Ti here . It's been struggling with 4k gaming
I dont believe Nvidia will want to charge 1400$ for the RTX5080 based on the leaked specs because the RTX5080 specs dont look that strong even compared to the RTX4090. It will be 1200$ at the most, maybe even 1000$.

Hudo

Gold Member
I dont believe Nvidia will want to charge 1400$ for the RTX5080 based on the leaked specs because the RTX5080 specs dont look that strong even compared to the RTX4090. It will be 1200$ at the most, maybe even 1000$.
If you are correct then the hopium I'm huffing is that they wouldn't dare to have a big-ass price gap, meaning that the 5090 isn't $1000 more expensive.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Nvda pretty much pays for itself, still im budgeting for $1,699 much hopium , need greatness for Jensun to kill off Radeon for good
You're going to pay bare minimum 1999. The safe bet is 2499 for a chance to invest in Jensen's next jacket.
I hope I am wrong and it's less, but I wouldn't hold my breath over it.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Yes raster still matters a lot lol.
The last game I played didn't have raytracing or DLSS for example, and many games are still like that.

kiphalfton

Gold Member

Price to performance ratio will be same as 4000 series equivalent (and by association whatever 3000 series equivalent).

No way RTX 5080 will match RTX 4090 performance since Nvidia just doesn't care.

So those saying it will be $1400 for the RTX 5080 probably won't be wrong, since that's about halfway between the RTX 4080 and RTX 4090 original MSRP.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
Can't someone with an electron microscope figure out how to remove the bandwidth fuckery? Would be nice to see the corp running like a headless chicken seeing their low end cards as 384 bit monsters.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Nvda pretty much pays for itself, still im budgeting for $1,699 much hopium , need greatness for Jensun to kill off Radeon for good
1699 is not going to be even half what a 5090 cost. I fully expect sticker shock this fall with. 2999.99 MSRP on the 5090’s… this is the first gen I’m sitting out my 4090 still isn’t being utilized properly and with the costs and consoles being more and more powerful I’m more interested in a console with full mouse and keyboard support.

MikeM

Honestly I just want to be able to buy something compelling at the $500 tier I'm using to being at. 7900 GRE from AMD is the closest thing on the market now, but I can't sacrifice the drivers. Still rocking a GTX 1080 just because my monitor is 1080p and I haven't been hard forced into upgrading. Gonna be forced to during this next GPU gen. Maybe I can get lucky with a FB Marketplace 4080 when the 5080 drops.
Are the driver issues still a thing for AMD? I have had a 6700xt and a day 1 7900xt without any legit issues. Maybe im lucky.

Leonidas

Sad to see the 192-bit GB205 lose 16% cores gen/gen.

I'll probably end up getting it anyway since I like GPUs at the 200-220 TDP range, and since I'm coming from a 4070, it will still be an increase :messenger_sun:

peish

Gold Member
1699 is not going to be even half what a 5090 cost. I fully expect sticker shock this fall with. 2999.99 MSRP on the 5090’s… this is the first gen I’m sitting out my 4090 still isn’t being utilized properly and with the costs and consoles being more and more powerful I’m more interested in a console with full mouse and keyboard support.

1999 at worst, yes companies have been angling the higher cost of productions stories recently.
But i trust Jensen still knows the favor they owe to us gamers for keeping Nvidia around for decades, will be happy with a 384bit GDDR7. #PCMR nvbeggars

Klik

Current component pricing basically killed any chance of me upgrading my PC anytime soon.

My 4070S is gonna have to last me a long time.
Its crazy that nowadays you need around 2500€ to build a great gaming pc. Few years ago you needed around 1300-1500€. If this continues by year 2030 only CPU+GPU will cost 2000€..

Thats why im staying on 1440p for a longggg time,on 27" monitor there is no huge difference in clariry between 1440p and 4k.. But the only problem why i need RTX 5080 is because of VR

This is how it should be done...

People who chase the every new generation upgrade drug, whether its GPU or CPU, are just succumbing to the FOMO monster.

..learn some fucking self control, people.
I'm not a fan of incremental upgrades. Personally, I only upgrade my PC hardware when I can no longer play new games at acceptable quality (native resolution, 50-60fps, medium or console-like settings). I love the thrill of upgrading my PC with much faster components because it's like buying a new console generation and experiencing a whole new perspective.

I just upgraded my old 3770K to a 7800X3D because I couldn't play modern games on it anymore even with console like settings (UE5 games or PS5 ports like TLOU). The 7800X3D really blew me away with it's performance. I was surprised how fast my old GTX1080 was in certain games, and it seems the GPU can still run almost everything except RT games. Even Wither 3 next gen now runs at 65-90fps 1440p with uber settings, I only had to lower screen space reflection because that option lowered my fps down to 28-30fps (SSR use RT in this game or something? I have never seen such huge performance penalty from using SSR). On the 3770K the Witcher 3 NG run at 45-65fps at the same settings and had stutters from to time. I feel like 6 core CPUs like the 8700K are still fairy capable, but 4 cores in 2024 is just not enough. The 7800X3D was a necessary upgrade for me. I'm also surprised how power efficient this CPU is, just around 50W on average and even cheap endorfy fortis 5 air cooler was enough to cool it (55-70°C in games, and max 82°C in cinebench R23).

I'm planning on getting a 5070ti (maybe even RTX5080 if 5070ti will have only 12GB VRAM) next year because the GTX1080 is 8 years old right now and it's just too slow to run the latest games, but I'm not sure I'm ready to wait that long. Maybe I will get something from the 40x0 series.

Edit. I bought a used RTX 2080ti 11GB. It's much more powerful than my old GTX1080 and have better driver support (Turing GPUs still have pretty good drivers looking at benchmarks). With the RTX2080ti the wait for the 5080/5070ti will be much more enjoyable for sure.

uZJr37t.jpeg

Last edited:

hinch7

This is how it should be done...

People who chase the every new generation upgrade drug, whether its GPU or CPU, are just succumbing to the FOMO monster.

..learn some fucking self control, people.
Idk people buy and resell parts/components like they do with smartphones. And the resale value of your graphics cards usually goes down dramatically soon after the launch of newer cards. Some people (enthusiasts) are happy upgrading for what is essentially is a few hundred and getting noticable gains and play with newer tech over the last generation.

And its not like gaming is that expensive as a hobby. Several hundred over a few years, imo is a relatively cheap form of entertainment (and can bne used for productivity); at least compared to other hobbies out there.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

When these cards releases its a good time to snag cheap 4090 cards from the second handed market. U basically getting a 24gb 5080. That is if a new DLSS feature isn't locked towards the 5000 series cards.

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
My 4090 feels so beast that if it's eclipsed in any way, it'd be murder to all the 4080 and lesser owners by so much.

What's everyone's guess on drop date, Xmas or after?

Of course I'll upgrade to the 5090, but praying for the sake of PC gaming the 4090 is still a beast for at least 2 more years.

There will be no such thing...especially if the 5090 turns out to be a less than impressive jump, in which case only the 1% of the 1% who buy the 90 class cards, will bother to upgrade.
I thought 4090 was one of the bigger groups of GPU owners? Sales wise etc I mean - Or am I in a bubble...

Last edited:
Top Bottom