• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II Night Springs | Release Trailer (Summer Game Fest 2024)

Draugoth

Gold Member

• Alan Wake 2 physical deluxe is $80, releasing Oct 22nd (Base game, deluxe items, expansion pass, reversible cover,
  • Alan Wake Remastered as digital code)Alan Wake 2 Limited CE coming Nov 2024 for $200 by LRG Preorders start tomorrow
GPgVbuzXoAAsVRk

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fucking got me with the best characters to make this dlc.

I couldn't have predicted the direction it takes in the trailer, but shit fam sign me up.

We already know the second expansion will focus on something from the game that's only briefly touched upon (the Lake House).

adamsapple

FYI for Xbox peeps, the Deluxe Edition upgrade is currently on sale for $16. It includes both DLC episodes and a few other things for the base game.

adamsapple

What? You have to buy the physical edition to play this ?

No.

Physical will only be Deluxe, so it will be included in it by default.

There is no 'standard' physical version. It's either Deluxe or Collectors only.

raduque

I'm hyped. Can't wait. Rose, Jesse and ?. It's out tomorrow but I'm gonna play it on Tuesday so I didn't have to concentrate on work too. :rolleyes:

SRTtoZ

Said from the very beginning that launching AW2 without physical was a bad idea and it looks like they FINALLY figured that out. I'll probably pick up a copy for Series X since I already own it digitally on PS5.

Doom85

I couldn't have predicted the direction it takes in the trailer, but shit fam sign me up.

We already know the second expansion will focus on something from the game that's only briefly touched upon (the Lake House).
Second dlc will be about Alan and Saga. This one was always meant to be more of "what if" Twilight Zone like self-contained stories

Curious if either of you know, has Remedy said if James McCaffrey recorded his lines for Alex Casey for the second DLC (since he’d naturally be there with Alan and Saga) before his passing last December? Would be nice to hear him one last time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Alan wake 1 was a solid third person poltergeist shooter, I’ll wait years before I play the sequel I’m 100 % convinced sequels aren’t as good as the original (fear 2, dead space 2, evil within 2 etc.) to name a few.

Doom85

Alan wake 1 was a solid third person poltergeist shooter, I’ll wait years before I play the sequel I’m 100 % convinced sequels aren’t as good as the original (fear 2, dead space 2, evil within 2 etc.) to name a few.

Evil Within 2 is FAR better than 1. The characters are actually fleshed out (particularly Sebastian himself, whereas the first game left all his characterization in notes that didn’t manifest in the first game proper at all), the villains are more interesting than edgy budget Assassin’s Creed cosplayer, the story is actually compelling rather than the nothing that was the first game’s “story” (“ooh, we’re in a brain, whose could it be-“ It’s Ruvik, obviously. For fucks’ sake, was this supposed to be surprising?), the game begins properly actually setting up gameplay rather than the first game’s beginning levels being an overly long Outlast ripoff that barely is used in most of the rest of the game, exploration is far more rewarding and offers unique encounters and rewards, there’s far more frequent use of clever scares with impossible space and such, the game doesn’t fall completely on its ass in the final third like the first game did (seriously, some of those sequences were embarrassingly bad), it doesn’t have a stick up its ass like the first game in being 100% super-serious but actually has some humorous moments and even RE-style cheese, the game didn’t launch with a bunch of bugs (apparently the PC version never fully fixed this, wow) and a forced stupid “cinematic” screen mode that was so hated by even fans of the game that they changed it to optional, etc.

Evil Within 1 had some good stuff but was plagued by so much bullshit and clearly needed far more time in the oven. Evil Within 2 actually feels like a complete vision realized. It’s not even close which one is superior in my book.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Curious if either of you know, has Remedy said if James McCaffrey recorded his lines for Alex Casey for the second DLC (since he’d naturally be there with Alan and Saga) before his passing last December? Would be nice to hear him one last time.
As far as I have seen, we don't know it yet. Remedy recently hosted an AMA on Reddit and while this question popped up several times in relation to Alan Wake dlcs and Max Payne remakes, they were avoiding responding to it and giving a proper statement

What I can tell you though is that after Alan Wake II launched some folks datamined the game files and found some hidden stuff tied to both dlcs. The files that leaked for the first dlc were opening intros narrated by Warlin Door introducing stories of the episodes players will experience. It wasn't for three episodes like they just announced though, but for five. Beside Rose, Tim and Jesse Faden, fourth intro was suggesting that Alex Casey was meant to be a playable character as well. Not sure if they cut it because of James McCaffrey's passing or if it was budget reasons. The fifth one was about FBC agent, the intro didn't had their name but people were speculating it might have been the character who was played by Janina Gavankar

DavidGzz

Was the deluxe available at launch because if so, I think I already bought this. No big deal if not, DAY UNO! Will Jesse have her powers?

StueyDuck

Pretty much the only thing at sgf that got a rise out of me.

I like the whole wacky alternate world angle

I just hope it's well put together. It's remedy though so I'm sure it will be

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Ive got the SP so I can check it out but have no desire to at the moment. The main story was an absolute slog

Top Bottom