• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II Night Springs | Release Trailer (Summer Game Fest 2024)

Draugoth

Gold Member
night-springs-is-out-v0-td6iri4vbc5d1.jpeg

At what time does this releases ?

Now

Last edited:
Anyone know how long the three episodes will take to get through?

This

Also : is this a continuation of the main story ?
Does it play like the main game in that there's exploration/NPCs to talk to etc OR is it more arcade-like in the vein of AW: American Nightmare ? The trailer made it look like American nightmare where you're mostly shooting at things (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

I'd like to get this but if it's only 1-2 hours long I'd rather wait.

Thanks in advance !

PS: I liked both DLCs for Control

Last edited:
£15 for like 2 hours worth of gameplay seems a bit expensive…

Technically, it's 2 DLCs man but, seeing as the 1st one is super short and the upcoming 2nd one is still an unknown quantity I'd rather wait, I never liked giving money in advance for something I don't know if I'll like.

Yeah yeah, in before "20 eurodollars is the price of 2-3 beers ! " but, personally, I don't care, I can wait until the 2nd DLC and if it's good, then I'll buy the deluxe upgrade.

If this was 5-6 hours long I'd have caved but 2-3 hours ? Nah, i still have Stellar blade, GOW Ragnarok and others games to play right now.

Last edited:

intbal

Did Microsoft sell the Quantum Break IP back to Remedy?
If so, does that mean QB will be coming to Playstation?
If Remedy has regained control of the IP, then a 9th-gen version upgrade of Quantum Break would be greatly appreciated.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Did Microsoft sell the Quantum Break IP back to Remedy?
If so, does that mean QB will be coming to Playstation?
If Remedy has regained control of the IP, then a 9th-gen version upgrade of Quantum Break would be greatly appreciated.
Nope, Microsoft still owns Quantum Break

Remedy did some neat nods in both AW2 and this dlc without directly referencing QB though

Dazraell

Gold Member
I've finished each of the three episodes. The total thing took me about 2,5 hours so the overall length was very short. They're reusing locations from the main game, but doing this in a way that they didn't overstayed their welcome. Definitely a step up from Alan Wake 1 dlcs

Each episode is very different in terms of style and presentation. Rose's episode is very action-heavy, Jesse's episode retains Alan Wake II traditional gameplay loop and combines it with a small pinch of Control. While Jesse doesn't have powers, Polaris and Jesse's monologues are back, there are some references to her backstory, etc. Tim's episode was my most favorite though. It was the weirdest and most creative episode. It also has some very subtle nods to Quantum Break without directly referencing it

So to sum it up, Night Springs DLC was quite nice. I enjoyed it for what it was, but price is definitely too steep for a content you get

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Rose was the one from the diner that had the huge fancrush on Alan Wake then ended up going crazy (women, right?) back at her trailer in the first game, yeah?

Correct.

Her episode of the DLC Is basically one of her fever-dreams where she's massively fan-girling over Alan. It's played very tongue-in-cheek.

The DLC is pretty good, 3 very different episodes in terms of tone and content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom