• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Cyberpunk 2077 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

THEAP99

Banned
Hahaha that one was fun .
I remember waking up and seeing the mixed reactions and just being like "oh boy." It has like 82 on metacritic which was and is fine, but like for Kojima I feel everyone was expecting more and many were underwhelmed by death stranding but still enjoyed it plenty.

I kinda get those vibes with this, especially with the marketing focus on celebrities and how pre-embargo there were many strange hints that the game didn't strike the best cord with some.

Also, in the cyberpunk discord someone said:

"According to some around 6pm UTC +1 (Poland Time) on the 7th (Today depending on your perspective)" for reviews

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
lol probably. With the issues we are seeing, I think they might be a bit worried on how its going to be received. I think its smart to hold off on the review embargo on this one. Folks need to get out of their echo chambers and realize some of the issues and missing or removed features will have an impact on some players. Some on here didn't even know of some of the removed features they were hype for, which tells me a reviewer will bring up those things.

We've had open world games with cars before folks, some of theses issues have no excuse after so many delays to be in the title and I'm doubtful a patch will clear them all out.....look at Witcher 3. I think they need to be held to the same standard as a Rockstar or Bethesda.

Can they release an open world game like this only to have missing features from titles they put out 20 years ago, faces missing, people flying, extreme pop in etc? They'd be torn to shreds if that was the case.

Keep that same energy. I want them to WANT to put those features in based on reviewers and gamers and not feel like this is acceptable or something. We simply would not give a pass to another developer who did this. This title seems to be trying to look good more then actually trying to PLAY GOOD and offer unique features. What is to say a Far Cry in the future doesn't do the same thing? ie here is a city, kill missions and cars? Looking good is a given, but this title doesn't even look better then Deus Ex Mankind Divided, so I feel they need to offer a bit more then "it lookeded good doe", this is where those missing features start to make a lot of what they are hyping up as window dressing.

THEAP99 THEAP99 " cd red are a transparent pro-consumer company. " I greatly disagree. They might try to pass themselves off like that, but we've had way too many articles about reversals or 180's or "time to admit something we claimed wasn't going to happen before" etc.

Transparent is lying to consumers about that downgrade on Witcher 3 and only telling fans about this the day after they bought the game?

So I got the bulk of their games day 1, I'm getting Cyberpunk 2077 day 1, but I'd never argue they are transparent or pro-consumer. They simply want to make that appearance, but WHAT THEY FACTUALLY DO shows otherwise. I'm personally not shocked at this. When they lied about that downgrade it was to move units, period. Them not giving out some of those review codes is to sell the game before those reviews start talking about those issues, missing features etc.
Full fledged and arguably most ambitious AAA game without single MTX, heck not even pre-order bonus.
Free next-gen update for a 5 year-old game (maybe 6 when the update is live).
24 free dlc for witcher 3 and 2 best bang for the buck major expansions.
DRM free storefront.

Those don't count as pro-consumer, I don't know if "pro-consumer" exists in your universe.

Last edited:
lol probably. With the issues we are seeing, I think they might be a bit worried on how its going to be received. I think its smart to hold off on the review embargo on this one. Folks need to get out of their echo chambers and realize some of the issues and missing or removed features will have an impact on some players. Some on here didn't even know of some of the removed features they were hype for, which tells me a reviewer will bring up those things.

We've had open world games with cars before folks, some of theses issues have no excuse after so many delays to be in the title and I'm doubtful a patch will clear them all out.....look at Witcher 3. I think they need to be held to the same standard as a Rockstar or Bethesda.

Can they release an open world game like this only to have missing features from titles they put out 20 years ago, faces missing, people flying, extreme pop in etc? They'd be torn to shreds if that was the case.

Keep that same energy. I want them to WANT to put those features in based on reviewers and gamers and not feel like this is acceptable or something. We simply would not give a pass to another developer who did this. This title seems to be trying to look good more then actually trying to PLAY GOOD and offer unique features. What is to say a Far Cry in the future doesn't do the same thing? ie here is a city, kill missions and cars? Looking good is a given, but this title doesn't even look better then Deus Ex Mankind Divided, so I feel they need to offer a bit more then "it lookeded good doe", this is where those missing features start to make a lot of what they are hyping up as window dressing.

THEAP99 THEAP99 " cd red are a transparent pro-consumer company. " I greatly disagree. They might try to pass themselves off like that, but we've had way too many articles about reversals or 180's or "time to admit something we claimed wasn't going to happen before" etc.

Transparent is lying to consumers about that downgrade on Witcher 3 and only telling fans about this the day after they bought the game?

So I got the bulk of their games day 1, I'm getting Cyberpunk 2077 day 1, but I'd never argue they are transparent or pro-consumer. They simply want to make that appearance, but WHAT THEY FACTUALLY DO shows otherwise. I'm personally not shocked at this. When they lied about that downgrade it was to move units, period. Them not giving out some of those review codes is to sell the game before those reviews start talking about those issues, missing features etc.
I should prob note if only for myself, that I do not actually need ACG, Angry Joe, and Skillup to do my thinking for me. I also watch them because I appreciate the entertainment value. I have actually been known to go and rewatch older videos of theirs, lol. (also, never expected ACG to actually respond to me either. Little things like that mean a lot to me.)

Last edited:

Collin

Banned
20ish hours for main quest is fine to me, even preferred, as long as it’s all good stuff. a lot of rpg games feel the need to just buffer out a long af quest just to say that did and you end up with tons of repetitive missions and fluff and padding.

i’d take a well-paced, well written fun 20 hour game to a boring 100-hour slog any day

I remember waking up and seeing the mixed reactions and just being like "oh boy." It has like 82 on metacritic which was and is fine, but like for Kojima I feel everyone was expecting more and many were underwhelmed by death stranding but still enjoyed it plenty.

I kinda get those vibes with this, especially with the marketing focus on celebrities and how pre-embargo there were many strange hints that the game didn't strike the best cord with some.

Also, in the cyberpunk discord someone said:

"According to some around 6pm UTC +1 (Poland Time) on the 7th (Today depending on your perspective)" for reviews

What happened to 12pm est on Monday for reviews?!

pokerlife

I was told they played it...as they played games normally.
Which to be honest is something I am hearing from a lot of people. Some people have had the game...for more than enough time to play it fine.
Also the whole THEY MUST BE RUSHING. Is insanely broken when spoken as some kind of factor in final analysis. Since some gamers play huge amounts of time in a row and can still tell you what they think of a game. others can not. Its equalized by normal experience. Our sample group will grow noticeable soon.

I do know the exact times for review but that is something I am asked not to pass on. I will admit I have no idea why. It is obvious that, regardless of anything else, this has been a tremendous difficulty on the devs side and I can only assume there is a lot of back and fort there.
Who makes you boss on who to believe. If this game is less than 25 hours ill kiss your ass. Move along

so based on the leaked gamplay how does the game look and run on a ps5 and series X. Im not watching any but I just wanted to see what people think. I know they are the pro and x versions. Do they run at 30 or 60 FPS

Coming in here to find out “Dreamcast guys” video got taken down was fucking worth it.

guy try’s to get the first review out every time and you can tell he doesn’t finish the game and hardly knows shit about it.
I guess he came out a little too early this time and got caught.

Maybe I’m being harsh but I always go to ACG Skill up and To a lesser extent Yong yea for my reviews and I’ve gotten to the point that if a guy doesn’t have details and just regurgitates what previews say....I can’t stand their shit.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Coming in here to find out “Dreamcast guys” video got taken down was fucking worth it.

guy try’s to get the first review out every time and you can tell he doesn’t finish the game and hardly knows shit about it.
I guess he came out a little too early this time and got caught.

Maybe I’m being harsh but I always go to ACG Skill up and To a lesser extent Yong yea for my reviews and I’ve gotten to the point that if a guy doesn’t have details and just regurgitates what previews say....I can’t stand their shit.

Why not trust him? We all know he got it early.

zkorejo

I truly feel like I'm reliving the death stranding pre-review angst.
Last few days before witcher 3 release were way worse. People kept whining about stuff and compared leaked console footage to gifs of promotional video (PC version).

Then the day it released everyone's tone changed. It's just people being overly dramatic over tiny stuff because that's all they have access to right now.

The game will rock. I am not even as hyped as I was for witcher 3, but I know for sure, the game will deliver. I will be genuinely shocked if it bombs.

THEAP99

Banned
Last few days before witcher 3 release were way worse. People kept whining about stuff and compared leaked console footage to gifs of promotional video (PC version).

Then the day it released everyone's tone changed. It's just people being overly dramatic over tiny stuff because that's all they have access to right now.

The game will rock. I am not even as hyped as I was for witcher 3, but I know for sure, the game will deliver. I will be genuinely shocked if it bombs.
death stranding didn't bomb. it just had mixed reactions and didn't live up to expectations set by who was behind the game. that i am thinking may happen with cyberpunk. that's at least the vibes i get

Karak

Who makes you boss on who to believe. If this game is less than 25 hours ill kiss your ass. Move along
Nope, I will stay here. But I do like that in your world people just leave when your balls ache.
At the very least I will continue to understand the language being used in the discussion. I suggest you bone up. While you were threatened enough to think someone was claiming boss, it doesn't change the facet of the discussion nor the particulars of it.

death stranding didn't bomb. it just had mixed reactions and didn't live up to expectations set by who was behind the game. that i am thinking may happen with cyberpunk. that's at least the vibes i get
That does remind me a bit of the Witcher stuff. It was a weird overall series of reviews. Though I think with that one comparison to other titles weren't as mature. Now with Witcher 3 OUT its going to be interesting to see how people compare THIS and that.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Full fledged and arguably most ambitious AAA game without single MTX, heck not even pre-order bonus.
Free next-gen update for a 5 year-old game (maybe 6 when the update is live).
24 free dlc for witcher 3 and 2 best bang for the buck major expansions.
DRM free storefront.

Those don't count as pro-consumer, I don't know if "pro-consumer" exists in your universe.

Yet you could argue the same thing about many publishers that many don't count as "pro-consumer". EA has several games where they have free dlc for the entire game and very much do not get counted in that "pro-consumer" ideology. Talk to me when 100% of Cyberpunk 2077's DLC is free and not simply "some" of it.

Also they will feature MTX

So at the end of the day, they still fucking LIED to consumers about that downgrade and conveniently remembered after they took fans money.

I would never put it past them to limit those reviews to minimize the comments about the issues with the game to keep game sales strong and consumers in the dark about those issues.

EA fucking giving FREE DLC for 100% of the life of a title didn't suddenly turn them into saints.

Keep that same energy.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I saw his video. It wasn’t a “review”

it was spoiler free and had zero gameplay

he also ended the video saying it may be his favorite game of all time

he gushed about it for 23 minutes straight

Oh wow.. That's even without the patch?

iorek21

I'm actually getting Watch_Dogs vibes now...

Hyped up new IP, cross gen, noticeable changes since reveal, leaked gameplays not looking great...

Not cancelling my pre-order or anything but I get the feeling that this game will go to the No Man's Sky route: will be fixed in the next couple of years.

Karak

Yet you could argue the same thing about many publishers that many don't count as "pro-consumer". EA has several games where they have free dlc for the entire game and very much do not get counted in that "pro-consumer" ideology. Talk to me when 100% of Cyberpunk 2077's DLC is free and not simply "some" of it.

So at the end of the day, they still fucking LIED to consumers about that downgrade and conveniently remembered after they took fans money.

I would never put it past them to limit those reviews to minimize the comments about the issues with the game to keep game sales strong and consumers in the dark about those issues.

EA fucking giving FREE DLC for 100% of the life of a title didn't suddenly turn them into saints.

Keep that same energy.
That reminds me of Remnant. I wasn't in love with it and the dev straight up told me that I should have rated it a buy because it had no micros and to have ignored the issues in the game. The CRAZIEST convo I think i have had with a dev.

Last edited:

zkorejo

That's not what I meant, point was regardless of how good the game does, with alot of hype surrounding it, it brings alot of drama around the release time.

THEAP99

Banned
Nope, I will stay here. But I do like that in your world people just leave when your balls ache.
At the very least I will continue to understand the language being used in the discussion. I suggest you bone up. While you were threatened enough to think someone was claiming boss, it doesn't change the facet of the discussion nor the particulars of it.

That does remind me a bit of the Witcher stuff. It was a weird overall series of reviews. Though I think with that one comparison to other titles weren't as mature. Now with Witcher 3 OUT its going to be interesting to see how people compare THIS and that.
If I had to guess, cyberpunk will have better gameplay loop and world than witcher 3 and maybe better mechanics, but the story won't be as compelling. Just my guess. I don't think it'll go on to be the most awarded game like witcher 3 either.

iorek21

Keep that same energy.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is the best example of this.

Despite having MTX, Ubisoft gave for free tons of updates, including new questlines, free items, quest creator, discovery tour etc. And the Season Pass had 6 meaty expansions + AC3/Liberation remaster.

Basically the same thing CDPR did with Witcher 3, minus the downgrade. But since it is Ubisoft, then it doesn't count as pro-consumer.

THEAP99

Banned
That's not what I meant, point was regardless of how good the game does, with alot of hype surrounding it, it brings alot of drama around the release time.
Oh yeah. You can bet that if it's below 90 rated game hell will break loose on the hardcore forums. But speaking generally it'll still be very successful and loved

EDMIX

I'm actually getting Watch_Dogs vibes now...

Hyped up new IP, cross gen, noticeable changes since reveal, leaked gameplays not looking great...

Not cancelling my pre-order or anything but I get the feeling that this game will go to the No Man's Sky route: will be fixed in the next couple of years.

I don't know if I'd say all that. I think the game's real lasting appeal will actually be simply the mainstory and side quest. I think those will be enough for people to find value out of the game as its not in the same situation as No Man Sky where the whole game really is the thing you physically do. Cyberpunk 2077 is more so about its concept then physical gameplay elements so I think it will be ok.

No Man Sky easily might be one of the worst situations I've ever seen out of a major title of a developer openly omitting lots of information regarding a game. They had entire segments, features, options completely removed, not done etc yet said nothing. Gamers found out when they didn't see them sandworms lol

CDPR's situation imho is more so about not having features expected, but never really claimed. So many might be expecting something that was never stated, but implied, assumed etc. I feel that is not as bad as one could still enjoy the title for what it is vs what they wanted it to be or it was claimed to be etc.

I think some might be let down as the hype will never live up to what folks are expecting, but I feel what they are offering is enough to not end up like a Watchdogs 1 or No Man Sky, as even in those titles defenses, they did patch a lot, add some features and end up moving enough units not to flop. I feel a better about CP2077 then I'd say Watchdogs or No Man Sky.

edit. and I agree with your comment regarding AC Odyssey. I think it should simply be seen as a case by case basis and not this blanket assumption that the company as a whole is "pro-consumer". Shit, I like what they are making and I'm getting it day 1, doesn't mean I feel CDPR is "pro-consumer", they've done enough shady things that I'm not even shocked at the delays, reversals, removed features or late reviews or anything like that. Enough things have happened where its expected by them now. I'm not saying they are scum of the earth, but they are no saints. The things I've seen EA, Ubisoft, Activision etc do that I'd argue is not pro-consumer, many of those things can be applied to CDPR easily.

Last edited:

Karak

Yep. CDPR replied to his tweet about the 43gb patch wasn’t the “day one” patch they will be sending.
This is true. However, looking at patch sizes and how its available there is a VERY high chance that patch is much more updated than just the disk version. As both are playable.
Since we also have a couple reports of press having the game for more than 2-3 weeks(a few not a ton) I would assume that is the relative first patch(available prior to review code branching)

That could be wrong. But it is how I have seen other games work .

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I was told they played it...as they played games normally.
Which to be honest is something I am hearing from a lot of people. Some people have had the game...for more than enough time to play it fine.
Also the whole THEY MUST BE RUSHING. Is insanely broken when spoken as some kind of factor in final analysis. Since some gamers play huge amounts of time in a row and can still tell you what they think of a game. others can not. Its equalized by normal experience. Our sample group will grow noticeable soon.

I do know the exact times for review but that is something I am asked not to pass on. I will admit I have no idea why. It is obvious that, regardless of anything else, this has been a tremendous difficulty on the devs side and I can only assume there is a lot of back and fort there.
I for one am glad for the shorter and undoubtedly tighter experience. I have reached a point as a gamer where I just can't do 40+ hour games anymore.

LectureMaster

Gold Member

Keep that same energy.
Yeah keep setting up your straw men.

1. The multiplayer game is a standalone game, and you don't have to buy it if you don't like MTX. The point is you don't have any paywall to access any contents in this game. Also, please enlighten me any multiplayer game without MTX.

2. Do you have any idea what wicher 3 free dlcs are? There are very well written quests, alternative look/skin for characters and a full set of Gwent faction. If you have to equate those to EA's occasional free lootbox you do you.

3. How many games not having downgrade? Beloved spider-man even had the so called "puddle gate". It is your own ridiculousness keeping biting on downgrade when there is no high end PC ray tracing footage leaked at all.

But I guess haters gonna hate anyway.

Last edited:

Maddux4164

This is true. However, looking at patch sizes and how its available there is a VERY high chance that patch is much more updated than just the disk version. As both are playable.
Since we also have a couple reports of press having the game for more than 2-3 weeks(a few not a ton) I would assume that is the relative first patch(available prior to review code branching)

That could be wrong. But it is how I have seen other games work .
We better get your review good sir btw!

Karak

I for one am glad for the shorter and undoubtedly tighter experience. I have reached a point as a gamer where I just can't do 40+ hour games anymore.
Could not agree more. Also they are indeed different games with different tracks and turns and plots and gameplay. The idea that you CAN is fine. If you want to stick around you can also do that. To me that's great it simply indicates its its own game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If the final game looks as rough as these videos (there's hope there's a big day one patch), I hope people get their expectations in order and treat 2077 more like a Bethesda game.

A game that can have lots of content and a giant world to roam, but the actual gameplay can be janky and unpolished.

Take the good with the bad, and if you value content over polish then you'll be happy. But if you expect a smooth polished game like a slick handling game like Rage with RPG elements, you'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
Alright, I just cancelled my Stadia Pre order...
I only purchased it to get the free Stadia controller and the hdmi plug in thingy ...

EDMIX

Yeah keep setting up your straw men.

1. The multiplayer game is a standalone game, and you don't have to buy it if you don't like MTX. The point is you don't have any paywall to access any contents in this game. Also, please enlighten me any multiplayer game without MTX.

2. Do you have any idea what wicher 3 free dlcs are? There are very well written quests, alternative look/skin for characters and a full set of Gwent faction. If you have to equate those to EA's occasional free lootbox you do you.

3. How many games not having downgrade? Beloved spider-man even had the so called "puddle gate". It is your own ridiculousness keeping biting on downgrade when there is no high end PC ray tracing footage leaked at all.

But I guess haters gonna hate anyway.

1.They still support MTX bud. Suddenly MTX are now ok when you just stated they wouldn't have them? Why even list that they won't have something that you'll just defend when you find out they will? My issue isn't even with the MTX, its the companies comments about other publishers only to then fucking support it them themselves. They are fucking hypocrites bud.

2. My personal opinion on the free dlc is irrelevant, free is always fucking good lol. Simply that many do what you are talking about, yet don't get labeled "pro-consumer" every fucking map and gun in Battlefield V, Battlefront 2 and Titanfall 2 is completely free. Again, using this logic, EA is pro consumer. You could like those quest in Witcher 3 just as much as someone could like a well made map that is free. Nothing is wrong with you liking those quest, but nothing is wrong with anyone liking all the free maps they got from EA from many games. The comparison is fair.

Keep in mind, all the quest in Witcher 3 are not free, they have paid expansion, yet all the maps in Battlefront 2, Battlefield V and Titanfall 2 are all free, as in not a single map is locked out. Thats not a "occasional free" thing, that is a significant part of those titles. So you can't get all the quest in Witcher 3 for free, you can get all the maps for free in the titles mentioned.

3. My issue was NEVER with it being downgraded sir, my issue was the team decided to omit this information to boost sales, to literally lie to fans and say "no downgrade", collection money and watch sales go up and then sneak in a interview saying "yea ok so we got dem downgrades, thanks for the sale"

This is not a bullshit "haters" comment bud, I own Witcher 3 day 1, have Cyberpunk 2077 pre-ordered since 2018.

I buy games from any publisher and developer if the game looks fun, that doesn't mean I'm going to then LIE about the publisher and ignore obvious issues with their transparency with such issues.

So they told us this the day after the game came out, what are they going to tell us the day after CP 2077 comes out?

Another confession article or?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

So this isn't the first time they've said one thing and did another. Some don't really want to be honest with this developers behavior.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
People getting disappointed by this game is due to something that I’ve already pointed out in some threads: treating CP2077 as the second coming of Christ. It’s their own damn fault.

TW3, although a masterpiece, was very flawed and not at all best game of all time (I’d say not even top 3 this gen), but somehow people put in their heads that it was the REAL DEAL and Cyberpunk would be just as good.

But it’s obvious that this is not the case, CDPR isn’t even used to this kind of game, things will be rough for some time.

Keep your expectations low and you’ll all enjoy the game.

I wish more people could experience Halo 2 hype train so they could know what disappointment feel like. 16 years later and I still find it hard to be hyped for any video game so I tend to be more impressed with a lot of games than most people if I'm being honest lol.

Ozzie666

So if you got this game from a retailer, who broke the street date. As a customer, you are now bound by that street date? I can't believe CDPR pulling down all these photos and videos. It's ridiculous, especially if you own the game legitimately.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
People getting disappointed by this game is due to something that I’ve already pointed out in some threads: treating CP2077 as the second coming of Christ. It’s their own damn fault.

TW3, although a masterpiece, was very flawed and not at all best game of all time (I’d say not even top 3 this gen), but somehow people put in their heads that it was the REAL DEAL and Cyberpunk would be just as good.

But it’s obvious that this is not the case, CDPR isn’t even used to this kind of game, things will be rough for some time.

Keep your expectations low and you’ll all enjoy the game.
I'm 100% confident the main hype of 2077 is due to the cyberpunk setting, not even CDR itself. People seem to love cyberpunk, but surprisingly there's not that many big games that use this environment.

People were going ape shit over the hype from that first trailer 8 years ago and W3 wouldn't be out for over 2 years. At that time, CDR's main released game was probably Witcher 2.

If 2077 had similar large open world gameplay but was a military shooter like a UBI Wildlands game, or another generic D&D kind of of open world game, the hype would be 10x less.

CDR also has a way of drawing out hype by releasing very little video and data about the game. For a game announced almost 8 years ago, there's hardly anything except for a handful of videos the past maybe 2 years. If CDR had shown gamers rough videos of 2077 every month for the past 4 years, a lot of gamers would have dropped it an cancelled any preorders.

Last edited:

EDMIX

One of my all time Favorite games was only 22 hours after doing as much as I could find. Man I miss Jade Empire. Got to get an Xbox again someday.

Semi OT, but we need a reboot of that series! I'm surprised we didn't get sequels after it came out. I for sure thought that was going to be their new series.

O Ozzie666 Maybe. From a consumer standpoint I want to know the state of the game so I get that it can come across as anti-consumer, but at the same time its their game. they want to maintain hype and appeal and its unfair for folks to have a unpatched game and then show off videos as if that is what everyone will experience. I get why they'd want to contain that and its a legit reason to pull videos as it is legally their game. Its one of the few times I agree with the publisher to have the right to get a video pulled as its not representative of the final product and those spoilers can even effect their sales.

So I wish they didn't, but I understand that they need to.

LectureMaster

Gold Member
1.They still support MTX bud. Suddenly MTX are now ok when you just stated they wouldn't have them? Why even list that they won't have something that you'll just defend when you find out they will? My issue isn't even with the MTX, its the companies comments about other publishers only to then fucking support it them themselves. They are fucking hypocrites bud.

2. My personal opinion on the free dlc is irrelevant, free is always fucking good lol. Simply that many do what you are talking about, yet don't get labeled "pro-consumer" every fucking map and gun in Battlefield V, Battlefront 2 and Titanfall 2 is completely free. Again, using this logic, EA is pro consumer. You could like those quest in Witcher 3 just as much as someone could like a well made map that is free. Nothing is wrong with you liking those quest, but nothing is wrong with anyone liking all the free maps they got from EA from many games. The comparison is fair.

Keep in mind, all the quest in Witcher 3 are not free, they have paid expansion, yet all the maps in Battlefront 2, Battlefield V and Titanfall 2 are all free, as in not a single map is locked out. Thats not a "occasional free" thing, that is a significant part of those titles. So you can't get all the quest in Witcher 3 for free, you can get all the maps for free in the titles mentioned.

3. My issue was NEVER with it being downgraded sir, my issue was the team decided to omit this information to boost sales, to literally lie to fans and say "no downgrade", collection money and watch sales go up and then sneak in a interview saying "yea ok so we got dem downgrades, thanks for the sale"

This is not a bullshit "haters" comment bud, I own Witcher 3 day 1, have Cyberpunk 2077 pre-ordered since 2018.

I buy games from any publisher and developer if the game looks fun, that doesn't mean I'm going to then LIE about the publisher and ignore obvious issues with their transparency with such issues.

So they told us this the day after the game came out, what are they going to tell us the day after CP 2077 comes out?

Another confession article or?

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...he-witcher-3-graphics-downgrade-issue-head-on

So this isn't the first time they've said one thing and did another. Some don't really want to be honest with this developers behavior.
1. My original post said Cyberpunk 2077 has zero MTX. then you jumped out saying the multiplayer will. Those are two separate thing, how come it became your narrative "me saying MTX is okay for CDPR"? Come on man, we can do better than keep setting those straw man.

2. Commercial model for multiplayers like battlefield and titanfall has nothing common whatsoever to a single player RPG like witcher 3, Till CDPR release their plan for the multiplayer counterpart then we can do a proper comparison. We can argue if you find any other single player RPG do same free DLCs like witcher 3.

3. I normally don't nitpick but didn't 2077 pre-order started at 2019 E3? So all over the textwall, the only valid point is the downgrade, which I think was beautiful nevertheless at launch and ages well.

Downgrade was your thing that's okay, I tend to believe CDPR learned their lesson from witcher 3 and you think oppositely. We can just agree to disagree on this mater. I guess I should withdraw the hater thing to create a more pleasant atmosphere.

Top Bottom