• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Day One Purchase!

This will be glorious. It has something to make everyone lose their shits and go full retard.
* Anti-SJWs will go mental because "lgbt shitshow"
* Lesbians will go mental because "of course they brutally murder all the lesbians. Of course."
* SJW will go mental because "reinforces harmful stereotypes of m2f trans people hating all lesbians and wanting to kill them".

It will be glorious.
The wars on twitter, youtube, you name it.
Reviewbombings.
Kotaku, Polygon, Waypoint, ... all refusing to even review the game but instead write long posts about why they will not review the game.

The shitshow will be glorious!
And everyone else will be "pretty ok game, not as good as the first game but still pretty ok."
Whit that avatar, you like shit for sure.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
People not considered that there may be branches in the narrative? I mean it all seems somewhat non-linear and judging by the chapter list leaked in an earlier post it looks like this is only a partial build, the "chapter" breaks are all wrong for a 30hr game,

I also noted that it looks like it was focus-test build (it has a tutorial specifically titled as such), which again suggests its not likely to be the entire game.

Last edited:
We'll definitely know in the next 24 hours if someone is playing it. Gonna sit and wait. If it's not all entirely true then RIP to this game going hard.

LiquidRex

Hi all, hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

I sadly have to be the bearer of bad news and announce that on the web there are massive leaks concerning The Last Of Us Part 2.

I won't spoil the details but there are massive story and gameplay spoilers out in the wild.

So when browsing the web be as careful as possible, unless you don't care which in that case don't spoil it for everyone else!
It's rumoured an employer from Naughty Dog over a pay dispute decided to leak all..... I'm disappointed, but just look at the number of Devs leaving Sony first party studios to join studios affiliated with Microsoft. 🤔

FALCON_KICK

Mix bag for me. At the same time I find horrible killing the stars of the franchise, making both death will be the biggest plot twist of the series (imagine fight between #teamJoel vs #teamEllie). Can't say about the 'fiasco' case, but will get much fans offguard like me.
IMO was one of the reasons the dev leaked. I spoke in the threads a few pages ago.

You think the story, characters and creative direction weren't signed off on years ago?

By fiasco, I meant this leak. The potential of this leak as it spoils the story(integral part of almost all single-player driven games) can affect the sales for this game.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35874421 Sony did close down Evolution studios.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Rumored new date is July 26th according to the guy who uploaded the video. Are you kidding me? What the actual fuck isnt it done? RELEASE the GAME.
John Schlong doesn't know anything. Apparently that footage was all posted earlier

Fake

By fiasco, I meant this leak. The potential of this leak as it spoils the story(integral part of almost all single-player driven games) can affect the sales for this game.

Normally leaks already affect game sales no matter what, but if you put together all this plot twist plus the pandemic state. This game is heavily story dependent, so leaks usally destroy most of the hype.

Was Abby known before this leak?
No. Abby was in many respects Ellie's mother.

Last edited:

sneas78

Banned
FQEK5OQ.jpg

3BQ0NnZ.jpg

Mochilador

Normally leaks already affect game sales no matter what, but if you put together all this plot twist plus the pandemic state. This game is heavily story dependent, so leaks usally destroy most of the hype.

No. Abby was in many respects Ellie's mother.
I meant the name "Abby". Otherwise, the reddit post would be the first place where we have seen this and this would give some credibility to his leak.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
As a fulltime fortune cookie teller i predict this game will drop on psnow day one.

Its complete ready to be released but it looks like its shelved for a very special reason and i doubt it has anything to do with corona as stated.

Ff7r was a success and given how left wing heavy this games direction is critics would praise it all the way to the moon.

Maybe all these leaks will finaly push naughty dog to release it as by the time it would hit retail around october everyone will know the whole story and most of gameplay.

Naughty gods hahaha more like naughty done.

Very weak line up from this gen.
Uncharted 4 happened years ago and this game wont hit till next gen.
Last gen we had uncharted 1 2 3 and last of us.
Uncharted vagina spin off is just another example of what direction this studio is heading.

Dont piss on me ,balls deep sony supporter here.
But to me this studio i lost in the lefty era.
I am willing to go as far as to say they wont release the game till trump loses election this year. Ok this last sentence is the result of total brain shut down due to my kid yelling daddy daddy every time i take some time for myself.

DonJorginho

Banned
If anyone has any of John Shorom's videos saved before they were taken down, please could you pm it to me? I'd be so grateful.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I think some people need to put things into prospective.

People questioned Joel's decision after the Last of Us Part I, but in the end, it was a choice most gamers would have made if they were put in Joel's position.

Now we're in the TLOU Part II and now we see the consequences of Joel's decision. The cycle of violence is Abby taking revenge on Joel for killing her father\mother (I don't remember which) and Ellie in turn takes revenge on Abby for killing Joel.

I think that's really, especially when it goes into both character's backstory. What would have made this into a disaster is if Ellie died.

Reactions: Isa

Solarstrike

Gold Member
I’ll take “Disgruntled Former Employee Spills The Beans Because He Forgot He Was A Contract Employee And Not An Actual Employee” for $500, Alex

Seriously. Was the person on contract or an employee. If so, there’s a huge difference to include pay rate and pay allocation. Always read the contract before getting too exited.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It's rumoured an employer from Naughty Dog over a pay dispute decided to leak all..... I'm disappointed, but just look at the number of Devs leaving Sony first party studios to join studios affiliated with Microsoft. 🤔

That would be soooo fucking stupid, they'd get suedinto oblivion. Frankly, anyone who pulled a stunt like that would never get a job in the industry again!

But hey, this thread is full of nutty "hot takes"...

THEAP99

Banned
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
I haven't read all the leaks i only know about
joel's death
, but for all of you that have read them.
How do you react to Troy Baker's statement now?:
I think if some of these story beats with Ellie had happened with a dude instead, Troy would be one of the first to make fun of it so...

I think some people need to put things into prospective.

People questioned Joel's decision after the Last of Us Part I, but in the end, it was a choice most gamers would have made if they were put in Joel's position.

Now we're in the TLOU Part II and now we see the consequences of Joel's decision. The cycle of violence is Abby taking revenge on Joel for killing her father\mother (I don't remember which) and Ellie in turn takes revenge on Abby for killing Joel.

I think that's really, especially when it goes into both character's backstory. What would have made this into a disaster is if Ellie died.
Nah. That's not even the part most are mad about. In fact, I think we all more or less expected that to happen.

It's more the timing and how that's handled, to say nothing of the mess with
Dina

Neff

Oh come on. Why are people acting like TLOU was some sort of kiddie mascot game built around "lovable" characters?

I'm seeing this sentiment a lot in light of the spoilers. Joel and Ellie are assholes. Shitbags, honestly. The fact that I'm being asked to play as another character and murder them doesn't discourage me much. I always assumed ND would deviate hard from a narrative repeat of the first game, and I'm glad they have.

Seems like quite a few Sony devs have been leaving NG due to crunch and now this leak arises apparently from another disgruntled employee. NG may have a real issue on their hands. Something like this has to crush morale and lead to even more internal strife.
Bet my bottom dollar that the majority who just want to make game are treated like ass by the upper echelon/clicke of Druckmann and co.

Anyway, Whats an Israeli doing writing stories about European and african american lesbians? Arent you suppose to stay in your lane?

ksdixon

Joel getting it, I expected.
Lesbians I expected, from Neil. I don't have a problem with it, it's just his is a zombie/post apocalyptic game. I don't care to see 'omg lesbians, so progressive!' in this medium. that trailer where most of it was flirting and a kiss, and a little bit of gameplay, was straight cringe.

Lets put to one side the possibility of Ellie dying since there's conflicting statements...

Before we even get to that. The cheating on Jessie, and then essentially stealing his baby momma off him... just... nah. That just goes against the whole image of Ellie being the righteous moral compass of the series. Even when it came down to the end of TLOU and Joel was like 'you know we don't have to do this', she was the one who wanted to go ahead and give humanity the chance. All surgeries have a risk of complications and death - it was just solidified and the probability of her dying was racked-up tonnes by the letter Joel finds so we gotta stop that as Joel players. But Ellie? Always wanting to do the right thing. Doesn't square with Ellie the homewrecker. Character assasination.

That would be soooo fucking stupid, they'd get suedinto oblivion. Frankly, anyone who pulled a stunt like that would never get a job in the industry again!

But hey, this thread is full of nutty "hot takes"...

Hardly.

Every other studio would use as a chance to advertise who well they treat their own employees. Top it off with these story leaks, half the industry is going to be laughing their asses of at NG.

Top Bottom