• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All The Last of Us 2 leaks/spoilers in here and nowhere else.

Javthusiast

Banned
My man Niel I'm not one to judge taste in women but why tf would you think we'd want to play as this thing for half the game?
pUZuv7y.png

Shreks wife Fiona?🤔

plushyp

I'm hearing there was also some screenshot leak which shows the names/descriptions of the chapters. Can anyone link to that?

mortal

Hahaha so it's a SJW garbage !?

Can someone PM the end ?
I'm lost here. How is it SJW garage?
A fair amount of female characters act like horrible heartless people, so I'm not exactly seeing a repeat of "straight man bad, wahmen good" dichotomy
If anything the SJW crowds are more likely to lose their shit upon reading these leaks lol

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
This is a story about a troubled transexual called Abby who lost her chance to complete her transition because the patriarchy killed the last surgeon on earth
That at least would be funny. The plot they have...well, it's something alright.

Sure Sony is thrilled at the story already being out for their AAA story game that is indefinitely delayed.

Last edited:

Fake

I guess
The guy with the gun and the kid in the same room where Joel will be killed are both husband and son of Abbey and Ellie in her process of vengeance will kill both, making her the final boss

Mochilador

I guess
The guy with the gun and the kid in the same room where Joel will be killed are both husband and son of Abbey and Ellie in her process of vengeance will kill both, making her the final boss
What?? There was a
kid
in that scene?? I gotta rewatch it!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It'd make more sense if you started off as Abbie, rather than thinking switching her in later. Switching her later seems like an attempt at a cheap plot twist. Starting Ellie off with a revenge story is also a terrible way at treating her character, which had so much potential from the first game. Still, perhaps its execution is better than the trainwreck the concept seems at the moment.
If the story is true and you play as Abby killing Ellie at the end, starting the game with Abby and ending with Ellie would mean you are Ellie and face off against Abby and no matter what you do, you are forced to lose Abby wins.

Putting Abby second where you win by killing Ellie makes sure the gamer is in control and you win by killing Ellie. For Druckmann, making you kill Ellie is like the ultimate FU to gamers who like Ellie and makes the game stand out like a unique plot twist like watching the movie Memento.

Fake

What?? There was a
kid
in that scene?? I gotta rewatch it!

the same kid appears with a bow next to Abbey in the screenshot on some previous pages. Looks super similar. And the kid enter in that room with looks like his father/protective holding a gun walking in direction of Abbey, looks like will give Abbey the gun to finish Joel.

Last edited:
If the story is true and you play as Abby killing Ellie at the end, starting the game with Abby and ending with Ellie would mean you are Ellie and face off against Abby and no matter what you do, you are forced to lose Abby wins.

Putting Abby second where you win by killing Ellie makes sure the gamer is in control and you win by killing Ellie. For Druckmann, making you kill Ellie is like the ultimate FU to gamers who like Ellie and makes the game stand out like a unique plot twist like watching the movie Memento.

That's exactly why it's cheap. Relying entirely on the plot twist as a plot twist is just terrible. It's trying to fake something interesting by going for shock. It's like someone making a horror story completely dependent on jumpscares. The best plot twists are the ones where you can see it coming and doing so doesn't ruin the story for you. A good example of this is the japanese visual novel Fate/Stay Night where it takes multiple attempts at hinting you where things are going . The twist in MGS2 worked in its own context, being rather clever. The demo, the context of MGS2 as a whole in regards to MGS1, the metacommentary on gaming, etc. It was brilliant and didn't rely on that twist for the story as a whole. Heck, the game is playing with you during the codecs, giving you hints from the start. Edit: And despite that it pissed people off, but later redeemed as people appreciated the theme of the game.

The structure doesn't have to happen like originally planned. You could establish yourself as Abbie, then it could switch over like it did with Ellie during the FIRST GAME, allowing you to feel the conflict of doing what you're doing in context of having played as Abbie and getting to know her. Playing on perspectives. Then it'd return again, like it did during the first game. It could even subvert the original game by allowing you the choice to kill Ellie or not, which had the complaint about you being forced to kill the doctor.

Last edited:

McCheese

Oh boy, and to think I thought they reached the extent of their wokeness with the in-your-face lesbian storyline stuff. But according to these leaks, halfway thru the game, they decided that wasn't progressive enough so you play as a pair of trans characters and literally kill off the main two characters before going after a gang of racist Christians.

It sounds like a parody, but unfortunately, those video leaks really back it up.

MCplayer

So if true the 2 biggest games at each platform are just gonna take weird turns...

TLOU 2 - Joel and Ellie die (The only caracters fans care about)
Halo Infinite - Cortana goes back in time to tell past cortana about what will happen in the past future and humanity wins covenant war on reach etc.... (Basicly Halo CE to 5 story is irrelivent)

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
So if true the 2 biggest games at each platform are just gonna take weird turns...

TLOU 2 - Joel and Ellie die (The only caracters fans care about)
Halo Infinite - Cortana goes back in time to tell past cortana about what will happen in the past future and humanity wins covenant war on reach etc.... (Basicly Halo CE to 5 story is irrelivent)

The Halo Infinite thing is fine for a JJ Abrams Star Trek style reboot

TLOU2 is just bullshit.

Jon Neu

Banned
I'm now in favour of ND making a new Uncharted game. I want to see how they can horribly murder Nate and Sully.

You will play as Debbie, the transexual daughter of a young black shoreline mercenary that did nothing wrong and had it's neck broken by Nathan Drake.

Debbie, in her rightful quest for revenge, will kidnap Nathan's daughter and rape her with her penis. You will press the circle button vigorously and furiosly, because everytime you press the button Debbie will thrust her BBC into the white privileged anus of Nathan's daughter.

Yes, Debbie will go for her ass instead of the vagina. That's the subversive part.

Teslerum

I don't really get why people think the ending is some dramatic new change for stories.

A shitload of post-apocalyptic stories end up bleak as fuck with the main charachters dying. That's not really something new or unique, Calling this *ballsy" sounds weird to me. Par for course more like.

Last edited:
I don't really get why people think the ending is some dramatic new change for stories.

A shitload of post-apocalyptic stories end up bleak as fuck with the main charachters dying. That's not really something new or unique, Calling this *ballsy" sounds weird to me. Par for course more like.
Yeah but it's from a studio who have made nothing but safe game after safe game depending on what's trendy at the time. This is a big fuck you and change in the status quo for them. It will be received poorly but it's more interesting than anything else they could have done.

Fake

Yeah but it's from a studio who have made nothing but safe game after safe game depending on what's trendy at the time. This is a big fuck you and change in the status quo for them. It will be received poorly but it's more interesting than anything else they could have done.
Not against twisted plot, but the early leak was quite dissapointing, but the full leak get some really guts from ND director I must say.

Besides, IMO they got a little of inspiration from God of War and IMO God of War 2018 director maybe think the same ideia, but rollback and leave for the sequel.

Top Bottom