• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AltHero, the alt-right's new favorite superhero comic

DrArchon

When did marvel and DC become “SJW”?!

People have been calling Marvel SJW for a while because of their push for more diverse heroes. Just imagine all of the alt-right fuckwads getting mad at Jane-Thor, Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel, America Chavez, Gay Iceman, Iron Heart, etc.

When did marvel and DC become “SJW”?!

A lot of awful nerds got mad because Marvel spent like a year diversifying their legacy characters (Sam Wilson got promoted to Captain America, Riri Williams took over for Tony Stark, Jane Foster took on the mantle of Thor). Several of the comics also started toning down how overtly swxualized female characters are, so they have like, actual costumes and not swimsuits. Awful nerds didn't like that one bit, let me tell you.

Comics like Ms. America and Ms. Marvel also occasionally dealt with how white people are sometimes racist, and that was bad because we should keep politics out of comics!! Now let me tell you about the XMEN, one of the most popular Marvel franchises, wo have always been 100% apolitical.

Putting aside the general WTFness of this whole thing, the art is laughably terrible.

It looks like garbage from circa 1998 Image.

A new alternative comic series intended to challenge and eventually replace the SJW-converged comics of DC and Marvel. Alt★Hero is a world not too terribly different than our own. It is a world where the Wehrmacht generals overthrew Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party in 1939, and where the first atomic bomb was dropped on the order of Reichskanzler Jodl on Soviet territory in 1944, leading to the fall of the Soviet Union in 1956. It is a world where Japan attacked Australia instead of Pearl Harbor and China occupies the Korean Peninsula. It is a world of four superpowers, where the European Union rivals the United States of America for wealth and influence, and where China and Russia possess the two most formidable militaries on the planet.

And Alt★Hero is a world of newly discovered superhumans.
Sorry, I can't breathe. Put that shit on your vision board, you delusional fucking nazis.

There are a lot of people that are looking forward to this in some of the comic collecting groups I'm in on Facebook. The moderation team there doesn't let things get too heated when it comes to politics, but when people are excited for something like this, it starts getting worrying.

Also, Chuck Dixon isn't awesome. The fact that he signed on for this proves that he's a big piece of shit.

Pau

Chuck Dixon is the guy who created Stephanie Brown and complained about her treatment by DC (the whole torture, death, and according to him, rape, but I don't remember that last bit?). Yet he hates "SWJs". Smh.

Kinyou

So bassicaly it will be toned down Uber? :D
Uber11_wrap-600x4631.jpg
On the off-chance that you weren't joking, Uber is a actually pretty good alternate history take and anything but alt-right wankery.

Chuck Dixon is the guy who created Stephanie Brown and complained about her treatment by DC (the whole torture, death, and according to him, rape, but I don't remember that last bit?). Yet he hates "SWJs". Smh.

There wasn't rape , there was some phallic imagery involved (power drills) but the readings of rape are of the Killing Joke variety, where it was read in by the audience later , I believe someone issued an explicit denial at some point. The whole thing was still an incredibly bad "trick' on the readers, I still don't know how anyone at DC thought tit was a good idea, let alone enough for it to become the Batman Crossover Event for the year.

And it's possible for people to agree with people they generally dislike on certain topics.

Kenstar

My bet of plot:

"- after the fall of URSS, comunists hided in secret in organizations like BLM, democrats, cnn etc. The shadow organization league of comunists leaded by the evil bearded man Mark. Their plan IS working with the rise of SJW, antifa and fake news, now only the alt-heroes can save America from the red menace!"

Mark:
92cc186c8c43d70276aef1fa775576d4.jpg

Can't forget the evil Illuminaty mastermind
tenor.gif

Aske

Oh, she's wearing the confederate flag.

But thankfully this comic does away with all the preaching that has infected comic books. It'd be really dangerous if authors started expressing blatant political beliefs through fictional works.

Reminds me of all the "small government" hypocrites who start imposing draconian laws that remove various people's rights as soon as they take power.

You know, Republicans.

Slayven

Marvel had 10 out of 20 top books last month and 38% Market share.

Trump has really bizarroed the meaning of "failing"

Ogodei

Glad I was never a Dixon fan outside of early BoP :)

1938. Action Comics #1. But these idiots don't know shit about the history of the medium that has "betrayed" them somehow.

It's funny that comics didn't really become right wing until the 80s, and even that was never a consensus movement, just large parts of the industry projecting reactionary ultramasculine fantasies.

Superman and Captain America over the years have affirmed, if not leftist views, at least anti-racism, along with X-Men being an allegory for civil rights and gay rights across their history.

Of course you had stuff on the edges like Steve Ditko's work, but it wasn't until the Dark Age that you saw the more insidious elements creep in. All the current movement is about trying to stamp them out.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I hate politics in comics!

*puts politics in comics*

The irony is these people are being "SJW" by their definition, just their own twisted view of social justice. They're doing what they attack others for doing.

Eventually this target audience is gonna run out of money, considering they seem to spend it all on failed Kickstarters and dumb projects.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm also blown away by the fact that "FreeStartr" is, and I quote:

FreeStartr is a comprehensive fundraising platform with an absolute free speech guarantee.

100% of the projects of the platform are from right-wing "creators". I wonder how many non-right-wing projects we'll see on the platform.

Hint: none.

Sandfox

The irony is these people are being "SJW" by their definition, just their own twisted view of social justice. They're doing what they attack others for doing.
People don't hate politics in media, just politics they disagree with.

It's almost like it was never about politics and was twisted into being a recruitment tool used by nazis.

Bane

Bane: Conquest hasn't been amazing but I've enjoyed it enough to grab it as it releases digitally but I can't do that anymore. I knew Dixon was conservative but this is too much.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm also blown away by the fact that "FreeStartr" is, and I quote:

100% of the projects of the platform are from right-wing "creators". I wonder how many non-right-wing projects we'll see on the platform.

Hint: none.

Let me guess, this came about when the normal sites refused to host that crowdfund to stop immigrants?

I feel like every social media platform now has some bizarre alt-right equivalent. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an alt-right GameFaqs at this point.

Top Bottom