• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.co.jp is now offering international shipping for games and consoles

Aces&Eights

Really look at that page carefully and you'll notice an option for international shipping. It's not super obvious.

Where can you buy psn yen cards on it? All I see are cards that say they will ship the actual card to me in a week. I want the codes in browser like amazon.us does.

dolabla

I know I don't need it........... I tried to fight the urge............. but it just got the best of me............

I just caved and got the neon orange Vita along with the Hori hard pouch. Won't ship out until next month though since they aren't getting the pouch in stock until the 16th, but I don't mind waiting.

Also I wanted to ask, can I use my US Vita charger with this Japanese model?

LiK

I know I don't need it........... I tried to fight the urge............. but it just got the best of me............

I just caved and got the neon orange Vita along with the Hori hard pouch. Won't ship out until next month though since they aren't getting the pouch in stock until the 16th, but I don't mind waiting.

Also I wanted to ask, can I use my US Vita charger with this Japanese model?

Yup

Kamion

What's no country?

I dunno how VAT works but sales tax/duties are usually just added to the invoice or charged by customs, you pay them when you are about to pick them up/received them.

I meant that no instance of Amazon sells Marketplace items globally afaik. Dunno if that changed, but I couldn't get marketplace stuff from Amazon.com either.
EDIT1: Nevermind, I just checked, they allow Blu-Rays and Books from the Marketplace on Amazon JP Global. So yeah, guess they worked that out. Hopefully games will be added too <3

EDIT: Did anyone order anything and it was actually shipped? I am still kinda scared this is just a mistake on their part, especially since it only works randomly for "some games". Like I can't order Gyakuten Saiban 6.

Wereroku

I meant that no instance of Amazon sells Marketplace items globally afaik. Dunno if that changed, but I couldn't get marketplace stuff from Amazon.com either.
EDIT1: Nevermind, I just checked, they allow Blu-Rays and Books from the Marketplace on Amazon JP Global. So yeah, guess they worked that out. Hopefully games will be added too <3

EDIT: Did anyone order anything and it was actually shipped? I am still kinda scared this is just a mistake on their part, especially since it only works randomly for "some games". Like I can't order Gyakuten Saiban 6.

Mine shipped and will be here on Friday. I already confirmed it with DHL.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I saw your edit, but wanted to add that I purchase from Marketplace sellers from EU (i'm in NA) all the time.
If they allow it of course.

dolabla

Well, this is weird. It won't let you buy the Glacier White, Aqua Blue or Black Vita's by themselves.

The only way you can get them is if buy it with the bundled screen protector. The Neon Orange Vita isn't like that. You can buy it by itself (as I did).

I wonder what's up with that?

kagamin

I'll just leave this here...

So guys I canceled my Project Diva X pre-order...
AND ORDERED THIS STUFF INSTEAD:
X8qZlo2.png

Boogiepop

Do you just mean that Marketplace books CAN allow international shipping from Japan? Got all excited and tried a "fulfilled by Amazon" or whatever listing for some manga stuff that isn't available directly from Amazon, but it still didn't work.

Edit: HOLY CRAP! I didn't know such a thing was possible, but after playing with a few of the different "fulfilled by Amazon's" on offer one actually went through, and assuming they don't come back with a "whoops, sorry, can't send that to America after all", then I'll be getting a giant lot of manga I expected to pay like over $400 for someday down the line when I could afford it for like $130. Assuming this works out, then seriously thank you for this random offhand comment!

tiijj

Those mangas are flat rate per item as well, so 1 volume of manga shipping costs the same as an entire series (multiple volumes) as long as it's 1 item.

Some of them are used so it might be difficult to be 100% sure of the condition of the items

Koppai

Well, IA/VT Colorful The Best shipped from Japan, expected to be here on Monday. Cannot believe it...only $7 for shipping.

Managed to order Steins;Gate 0 and it arrives Friday (modified shipping date since I won't be available, otherwise, it would've be here by Monday).

I'm not gonna wait around for the localization especially since they haven't even announced one yet. I'll just use this as an excuse to put my learning of the Japanese language in high gear. Funny thing is, by the time I have a grasp on the language to play it, the game may already be localized.

How do I find the ps4 faceplates? Can someone help me out?

The transparent ds4 is tempting. But I already have 5 Controllers all for myself. :/

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Shipping is crazy fast. Was supposed to arrive Monday. Somehow tracking now says it's arriving today

This has always been the case for me when ordering books from Amazon.co.jp. The DHL estimate will be Friday, but it will show up on Thursday or Wednesday, for example.

Boogiepop

Yeah, the first of my stuff managed a two day turn around, which is always impressive, and it even came in an awesome box that had a Doraemon manga printed all around it! On the flipside, the order that had a preorder in it that comes out mid-April seems to be holding off until everything is out to ship. I actually don't mind, but that's interesting to note that they seem to hold everything, at least as of how things look right now (I'd actually never done a preorder on Amazon jp before).

ViciousDS

Banned

I just order the newest maximum the hormone CD yesterday I think and it will already be here Monday via DHL..... That's really fucking fast shipping going across the world.

But you really do pay for it lol I think shipping was like $11

I wish prime US carried over to international

Top Bottom