• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Direct February 20th 9am EST

I hope it has the AI of animal crossing gamecube, with the features of new leaf.
What was different in the GameCube version? I haven’t played that version in a while. The only thing I remember being different is that villagers seemed to have more “moods”, and could be more angry.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Watching, but I don't really know what I'm looking for. I'm getting this day 1 for my partner to play while I'm busy with Doom because I know she'll love it after she got hooked on Stardew despite not really ever playing video games.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
nintendo still doing that use your phone to chat shit oh well.
will def make tons of 16 bit related stuff hnng

Last edited:
The amount of customization is really amazing. Animal Crossing's world used to be so rigid, but now it looks like it's going to be whatever you want it to be. I'm a little torn by all these changes.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Is it true there is only a single village per switch...? Like, I can’t even load a different profile...?

What in the flying fuck is that all about?

Spukc

NOOOOOOOO not a tie in with that POS mobile phone game nintendo please don't

Well they answered my only hanging question: one copy and one Switch will be enough for my wife and kids to each have their own person.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
Looks like same ol’ Animal Crossing. Being able to hop over streams or modify terrain is nice though.

Spukc

i know this save game won't support cloud data but i can still transfer my savegame to another switch right?

like pokemon let's go splatoon 2 and pokemon sword?

i prefer to when i go away to play on the more compact switch lite.
and when at home.. play on the big screen at times.

Raph64

Honestly guys, as someone who isn't that much of a Animal Crossing afficionado, I was pleasantly surprised by how much content is in the game, more than I expected !

After Luigi's Mansion 3, looks like I'm gonna try out another new franchise outside of my usual Mario or Zelda games :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Spukc

wait you still can play on multiple switches.
you just erase the savegame on one when you move it. other games have this

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Game looking amazing. Im glad they confirmed multiroom houses. I know it was dumb to think they wouldn’t be here, but part of me thought they used outside furniture to cover that up.

I love the land deformation stuff and the ability to use amiibo to get my favorite villagers. Now I need to find a chadders card to get my favorite bro on my island.

Last edited:

Spukc

i was under the impression it’s one or the other for those with two switches
then nintendo would have yet another different saving way,
i don't think so.

People get new switches.
a delete savegame and export function is already a thing.
i assume this will be the same.

Mista

Banned
Look at all this content. And then you look at Pokemon and get amazed by how those two games are from Nintendo. GameFreak you bastards

It feels like Nintendo is adding a prologue and epilogue to the usual Animal Crossing formula. You're starting on a blank island and building all the normal services you usually start the game with. You have to help build the shops and museums! You can't even start the normal gameplay loop of collecting all the different bugs and fish until you get the island services in place. It's crazy how much of a shakeup this game brings to the series, and that's only the start. By the "end" of the game you're sculpting the terrain to make the island whatever you want. You're laying down paths, carving into cliffs, and rerouting rivers. It really feels like Nintendo went all out on this game.

Animagic

Banned
Looks cool. Glad you can do more than just live in a tent like a San Francisco citizen.

I’ll be playing this in small bits for a long time. Perfect for when I’m drinking my coffee in the morning.

Jooxed

Gold Member
And then we have ree bummed about all the features in the game....

AZnTIU5.jpg

Top Bottom