• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

squidyj

I don't think I ever said I believed hobohodo, I believed that it was a little risky and that we should give ourselves the day to discuss things and I wanted and still want to evict ouro. I rated him 80% mafia.

As for you, you suggested that the way to defend yourself was to evict a townmember so that we would know that your role has the abilities you claim it has when that has almost never been in doubt. People don't doubt that you're cop, they doubt that you're a TOWN cop and not mafia cop and evicting a townie over it doesn't prove a goddamn thing about you, it's only practical effect is to fuck town over on purpose. which is why I called you mafia for suggesting it, it wasn't a defense, it was asking town to kill itself for no good reason.

Like I said you've been conflating role name, abilities and alignment whenever it served the purpose of confusing town or asking us to make bad plays on bad information.

You don't agree with my reads? that's fine, but don't suggest that they're based on nothing when there's evidence in this thread to the contrary. In fact start tearing into those reads if you think they're so unconvincing. I don't think there's anything that would convince you, if you're a member of town (which I find unlikely) you're going to wait for perfect information until we're all dead because I guarantee you that most mafia members are going to have claims like ouro's, impossible to prove (you cannot prove it by verifying the name of his role) and devastating if true. And they're all going to come out when the mafia member is on the ropes like ouro was.

Right now I think you're mafia and you're scared and you're trying to buy your team some time since you're probably getting evicted soon anyway, if you can save a teammate for a day and get a townie lynched instead thats a huge win for you guys.

squidyj

Where did this happen?

what I meant was he has been acting as though holding off on checking ouro's role name will prove him town, or that verifying his own role ability will demonstrate him to be town when the concepts are separate and his logic is spurious.

franconp

I don't think I ever said I believed hobohodo, I believed that it was a little risky and that we should give ourselves the day to discuss things and I wanted and still want to evict ouro. I rated him 80% mafia.

As for you, you suggested that the way to defend yourself was to evict a townmember so that we would know that your role has the abilities you claim it has when that has almost never been in doubt. People don't doubt that you're cop, they doubt that you're a TOWN cop and not mafia cop and evicting a townie over it doesn't prove a goddamn thing about you, it's only practical effect is to fuck town over on purpose. which is why I called you mafia for suggesting it, it wasn't a defense, it was asking town to kill itself for no good reason.

I have just given proof that Kingkitty doubted my role and wanted to evict me to prove that. I even bolded it. I think you just see what to want to see.

Like I said you've been conflating role name, abilities and alignment whenever it served the purpose of confusing town or asking us to make bad plays on bad information.

Let's reverse the roles and now you find proof of that.

You don't agree with my reads? that's fine, but don't suggest that they're based on nothing when there's evidence in this thread to the contrary. In fact start tearing into those reads if you think they're so unconvincing. I don't think there's anything that would convince you, if you're a member of town (which I find unlikely) you're going to wait for perfect information until we're all dead because I guarantee you that most mafia members are going to have claims like ouro's, impossible to prove (you cannot prove it by verifying the name of his role) and devastating if true. And they're all going to come out when the mafia member is on the ropes like ouro was.

I don't want a perfect information. I just want to know if what Ourobolus said is true because if it is true and we make a mistake we lose. It's simple. I also think he may be HHA but the stakes are too high. If he has that role we should put off his eviction until we get another HHA. That will give us some leverage for the following phase. If the is lying with is role I will be the first to vote him out.

Right now I think you're mafia and you're scared and you're trying to buy your team some time since you're probably getting evicted soon anyway, if you can save a teammate for a day and get a townie lynched instead thats a huge win for you guys.

I'm scared to lose the game because Ourobolus didn't defended himself one time. It isn't a strong argument. I'm not going to back it up.

Instead of trying to evict the only Investigator there is in the game you should try asking Kingkitty and Haly why one of them is lying about his role. There you have some proof. The first night was activity in Kalor's area but nobody claimed.

If you want to confirm my role this phase you could simply evict RobotNinjaHornet. He isn't in any Gossip's chat so there was no way I could learn his role. If he is an Ordinary Villager I'm telling the truth. That way you don't lose an important role.

This wouldn't work: I'd already claimed ordinary villager so you could've just risked it (which I'll grant you would've be kind of dumb), plus it would do nothing to prove your allegiance. So what if I'm an ordinary villager, if you're an HHA cop then that's just a way to give you an air of legitimacy

I do believe you're at the very least the role you say you are for the reasons I outlined in a previous post (saying nothing about your allegiance), but that argument's getting you nowhere.

Retro said he roleclaimed ord villager.

That's what I thought, but couldn't remember when he said it and didn't want to search for it. SO THEN.

Uh...yeah. Since I said that, Foshy actually showed up in the chat that night, so we had a small discussion, and I may have role claimed there...gah.

Yeah, I know. At the time I wasn't even thinking about an HHA gossip, but in hindsight...

...I'm an idiot. >_<

Is it just me or do these posts make no sense in the context of his role and his two separate roleclaims?

Ourobolus

Banned
That's what I thought, but couldn't remember when he said it and didn't want to search for it. SO THEN.

Is it just me or do these posts make no sense in the context of his role and his two separate roleclaims?
I felt like I had to claim something, as my role was best if it wasn't publicized. I think at this point you can certainly claim my ineptitude over anything else.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I dunno man, you must've been playing a really long con if you were so anxious about roleclaiming ordinary villager in chat. Like, even if that made you a target that would be good for us so???

I felt like I had to claim something, as my role was best if it wasn't publicized. I think at this point you can certainly claim my ineptitude over anything else.

But like

If you genuinely A) have this role and B) forgot about the possibility of HHA in gossip chat, why not just say your actual role so you could together come up with a plan, e.g. get the other guys in the chat to make it seem like you've roleclaimed something super powerful without saying what it is? Or you could've made something up so that they'd be like "No srsly dude is powerful" and legitimately believe it.

The power you're claiming to have only works in the town's favour if you try to make yourself a huge target for the HHA, but nothing you've done has suggested that that's what you've been trying to do.

Razmos

I felt like I had to claim something, as my role was best if it wasn't publicized..
On the contrary. you're role claim goes completely at odds with what your supposed role and ability is.

If that was your ability you would have claimed you were a doctor or an investigator or some other role that would have made you a target for the HHA. Why would you run the risk of the town evicting you if you knew it could cost us the game? and why wouldn't you try and use your ability AT ALL until now when you are in danger of being evicted.

I'm a new player in Mafia, this is my second game, and I know for a fact that I would not squander an opportunity like you supposedly have.

The stupid thing is, if you ARE town and have the ability you say you do, then you could easily cost us the game and might as well have been working for the HHA for all the help you haven't been.

I'm seriously hoping you are HHA and are lying about your ability, because otherwise, yikes.

Ourobolus

Banned
I dunno man, you must've been playing a really long con if you were so anxious about roleclaiming ordinary villager in chat. Like, even if that made you a target that would be good for us so???

But like

If you genuinely A) have this role and B) forgot about the possibility of HHA in gossip chat, why not just say your actual role so you could together come up with a plan, e.g. get the other guys in the chat to make it seem like you've roleclaimed something super powerful without saying what it is? Or you could've made something up so that they'd be like "No srsly dude is powerful" and legitimately believe it.

The power you're claiming to have only works in the town's favour if you try to make yourself a huge target for the HHA, but nothing you've done has suggested that that's what you've been trying to do.
Again, I didn't know if Foshy or nin was HHA, so claiming Ordinary Villager made the most sense at the time. They could have easily thought I was lying at the time, much like I was dubious of any of their alignment claims. It's not like everyone who has claimed Ordinary Villager at this point is definitely that role (see Kalor's notification on night 1).
As much as I wanted to make myself a target for the HHA, I still do enjoy playing the game. I figured it was only a matter of time before they got me, considering HHA was seemingly choosing inconspicuous players at the outset of the game.

squidyj

Again, I didn't know if Foshy or nin was HHA, so claiming Ordinary Villager made the most sense at the time. They could have easily thought I was lying at the time, much like I was dubious of any of their alignment claims. It's not like everyone who has claimed Ordinary Villager at this point is definitely that role (see Kalor's notification on night 1).
As much as I wanted to make myself a target for the HHA, I still do enjoy playing the game. I figured it was only a matter of time before they got me, considering HHA was seemingly choosing inconspicuous players at the outset of the game.

so now you're contradicting yourself again in that you claimed that you weren't even thinking there could be HHA in gossip chat.

Yeah, I know. At the time I wasn't even thinking about an HHA gossip, but in hindsight...

...I'm an idiot. >_<

Go on?

Ourobolus

Banned
..... you're all over the place man.
You're not paying attention. I didn't think that the gossip himself could be HHA. Didn't make sense to me. Nin, maybe. Hence why I didn't claim my actual role.
It must be nice being able to accuse everyone since we all assume you are town because you are a replacement. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

On top of killing the HHA that attacked you, it couldve also pointed the finger at someone in the gossip chat being HHA as well and leaking the info. (assuming that wasnt the guy that targeted you)

You're not paying attention. I didn't think that the gossip himself could be HHA. Didn't make sense to me. Nin, maybe. Hence why I didn't claim my actual role.
It must be nice being able to accuse everyone since we all assume you are town because you are a replacement. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

Again, I didn't know if Foshy or nin was HHA

But Foshy was the gossip?

squidyj

Sure, except for the part where you've said five different things on the subject in the last few minutes alone. The contradictions in your statements are there for anyone to see and they just keep piling up higher and higher.

squidyj

Oh I should add that "because I'm a replacement" is not a good reason to think i'm town but rather that i'm advancing logic and reads about the game to help town lynch mafia (namely you). That's a good reason to believe I'm town.

Ourobolus

Banned
Oh I should add that "because I'm a replacement" is not a good reason to think i'm town but rather that i'm advancing logic and reads about the game to help town lynch mafia (namely you). That's a good reason to believe I'm town.
That's fine. You can pick apart my shitty plan to get HHA to lynch me all you want. If you are town, I'm glad you're doing it, despite the potential end result.

Razmos

You can pick apart my shitty plan to get HHA to lynch me all you want.
What plan is that? to try and remain as small a target as possible?

You have been under suspicion by the Town since DAYS ago, and you are only now bringing this all up? You never thought to change your strategy? especially when we were floundering around evicting normal villagers, despite the fact that your ability could have helped us immensely?

You only bring up your revenge ability now that we have seen a player with one?

I just don't believe any of it, especially with all the contradictions and the last minute attempt to stave off eviction.

squidyj

holy hell what a mess ! Ourobolus i dont really know what to think of you at this moment :(

which is honestly quite strange , especially the fact that you believed his role claim and cancelled your vote in the first place. I think if you were town you might have an idea of what to think of Ouro at this moment.

Ourobolus

Banned
What plan is that? to try and remain as small a target as possible?

You have been under suspicion by the Town since DAYS ago, and you are only now bringing this all up? You never thought to change your strategy? especially when we were floundering around evicting normal villagers, despite the fact that your ability could have helped us immensely?

You only bring up your revenge ability now that we have seen a player with one?

I just don't believe any of it, especially with all the contradictions and the last minute attempt to stave off eviction.
My ability isn't useful if I disclose it.
As for changing my strategy, it really wasn't apparent until LMQ was evicted that it should be changed, since the evictions so far had been just the middle-of-the-road players. Considering I was wrong about Salva, but confident that at least one of him or Hobo was HHA, I hoped that if I immediately put my vote towards him then I would be a target.
At that point I had already claimed villager in chat, so I didn't have a way to counter that (I suppose I could have claimed something ridiculous like doctor in chat, but that only assumed HHA was in the chat, and if not, it would have been suspicious to the rest of town in the chat). I hadn't claimed in the public thread, so I figured I was still a target if there were no HHA in my chat.
And I don't know what to say to your claim that the timing of mine coincided with Hobo's eviction. It's not explicitly "revenge," as ultron's more coincides with a double-vote, but it is still useful as an HHA deterrent.
I didn't WANT to claim, but considering the focus on me now, I figured I had to speak up.

Probably worth moving on to who else to vote out at this point

I'm not wholly convinced of KK - if he was the non active HHA as Ezekel was saying, that only accounts for the activity on night 3. What happened on night 1 then? I would assume a non active role wouldn't have a night time action, and that their only course of action at that point is to try to get evicted by the HHA. So why did Kalor get notified night 1? What happened?

nin1000

Banned
which is honestly quite strange , especially the fact that you believed his role claim and cancelled your vote in the first place. I think if you were town you might have an idea of what to think of Ouro at this moment.
TBH I don't really know what to think of any of this mess that was going on. I am not going to vote just know think of me the way you want, it won't change the way I feel about everyone involved.

Taking out King. If I'm wrong, then that puts a spotlight sorta on Haly for activity day 1. Unless we found out HHA has action roles they can perform other than evictions at night and they looked at someone in that area. But that seems unlikely.

TBH I don't really know what to think of any of this mess that was going on. I am not going to vote just know think of me the way you want, it won't change the way I feel about everyone involved.
Is that pose to be just now? or you mean you won't vote this day phase?

Top Bottom