• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S4 |OT| of Babou, Therapy Cranes, Whorediots & the Danger Zone - Thurs on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rom1944

It was a great episode Lupe is a awesome character i hope for a comeback in another episode with a bag of doritos too.

You people waiting for streaming should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm going to need all of you to go and buy the DVDs/Blu-rays so they see the interest and keep making more episodes. Archer must never die.

As of this point, is there anywhere that shows which order the episodes should go in so that in future I can watch them as the Lord Reed intended? I hate it when networks shuffle stuff around.

EDIT: Well in such a case I rescind my comment. It still doesn't make sense from a chronology perspective which, if it was up to me, would rank fairly high in stuff I'd want to keep in check if it were my show although it does just add to that ludicrousness of Archer and could even just be interpreted as another joke.

big ander

You people waiting for streaming should be ashamed of yourselves. I'm going to need all of you to go and buy the DVDs/Blu-rays so they see the interest and keep making more episodes. Archer must never die.
I mean I don't know for sure but while I do think they look at physical media more, streaming definitely matters to productions nowadays. also Archer isn't really in any super danger so relaaaxxxxx
As of this point, is there anywhere that shows which order the episodes should go in so that in future I can watch them as the Lord Reed intended? I hate it when networks shuffle stuff around.
the way Reed and Thompson have talked about it it wasn't like, an evil network meddling. I hate how that's what people automatically assume. it looks like it was a mutually agreed upon order, until I see something to the contrary. FX is one of the best networks around and they treat the people who work for them awesomely.

I need to relax on the whole acting like Archer in real life. I'm acting waaaay too self-centered lately. Archer likes to call everyone a stupid idiot, and I've been saying that to people at my work, even my boss, lol. Though my boss is young and we're friends who is pretty laid back, he's getting irritated and said he'd send me home if I called him that again.

Also, it's coming to as natural to say, "I know, right?" when someone compliments me about my physical appearance.

I need to relax on the whole acting like Archer in real life. I'm acting waaaay too self-centered lately. Archer likes to call everyone a stupid idiot, and I've been saying that to people at my work, even my boss, lol. Though my boss is young and we're friends who is pretty laid back, he's getting irritated and said he'd send me home if I called him that again.

Also, it's coming to as natural to say, "I know, right?" when someone compliments me about my physical appearance.

Start emulating Pam instead.

Nori Chan

No bro be Cheryl/carol

Everytime he tells you to do something you yell out "YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR."

it'll be great

kirblar

No bro.

Everytime he tells you to do something you yell out "YOU'RE NOT MY MOTHER."

it'll be great
Corrected for accuracy! :)

Was I the only one who thought that "Lupe" was the Archer team doing their backstory of the Arrested Development character?

Corrected for accuracy! :)

Was I the only one who thought that "Lupe" was the Archer team doing their backstory of the Arrested Development character?

You were not! Maybe not backstory but a definite reference. A lot of my friends love Archer yet haven't seen Arrested Development and when I describe it to them I usually say that it's "Archer, but not animated". I find that Archer takes a hell of a lot of cues from AD (which is only a good thing) and I'm sure that a lot of things are intentional. Many of the jokes are structured in similar styles and so I wouldn't put it past them. Both are up there as my favourite TV comedies. You just can't beat them.

I was hoping that Will Arnett would show up in Archer, perhaps as Archer's competent counterpart working for Odin or something. It would be nice if there was also an Archer joke somewhere in the new series of AD.

lupinko

I agree and concur with this statement 100%.

For example, even though I had already seen Season 3 numerous times already, I still went out and bought Archer Season 3 on BD day one (to go along with Seasons 1 and 2).

Archer on BD is too good and it ain't some undetectable vd Sterling got in Montreal.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Just rewatched space race part 1. Holy shit forgot how good this episode is. Especially Bryan Cranston as a gust star. Welcome to The Danger Zone.

Red

Just rewatched space race part 1. Holy shit forgot how good this episode is. Especially Bryan Cranston as a gust star. Welcome to The Danger Zone.
I like season 3 more now then I did when it aired, but there are a lot of jokes that still don't click with me. The danger zone stuff is great, and I loved archer riding Cyril into vomit. But a few of the gags were forced... I didn't think "whorediot" was funny (this season's chlamydiot did the joke right), and the "hold on" drinking sequence was kind of boring. They hit on Mallory's alcoholism so hard that episode. Too much.

And I liked the cutaways to Krieger to show he was responsible for giving out info, but I have never thought his hologram wife was funny (outside maybe Burt Reynolds asking in the season's first episode, 'is that a ghost?').

I thought everything with Archer himself was great. "Do I have to do everything myself?!... He asked, intending to be facetious."

The animal farm gag got one of the biggest laughs from me out of both parts.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I like season 3 more now then I did when it aired, but there are a lot of jokes that still don't click with me. The danger zone stuff is great, and I loved archer riding Cyril into vomit. But a few of the gags were forced... I didn't think "whorediot" was funny (this season's chlamydiot did the joke right), and the "hold on" drinking sequence was kind of boring. They hit on Mallory's alcoholism so hard that episode. Too much.

And I liked the cutaways to Krieger to show he was responsible for giving out info, but I have never thought his hologram wife was funny (outside maybe Burt Reynolds asking in the season's first episode, 'is that a ghost?').

I thought everything with Archer himself was great. "Do I have to do everything myself?!... He asked, intending to be facetious."

The animal farm gag got one of the biggest laughs from me out of both parts.

That animal farm joke is great one of the best jokes of the season. Now I am watching the one with the trailer park boys. With Archer on the train. Welcome to America.

Divius

as seen on reddit. Although we had something similar in this thread before.

MaKtNMH.jpg

The model doesn't look like Archer much. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's attractive, but Archer has a stronger jawline and is just more awesomely handsome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom