• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished watching after getting home from work. Definitely best episode of the season. I loved the part where Cyril said he was taking charge.

Somehow, I haven't watched Archer yet. But a friend put a single episode on and I lost it. I'm looking forward to the rest!

Any suggestions for similar shows to ease the pain of it eventually ending?

someday

Banned
Easily my favorite episode this season, although the first was great too.

When did Lana have sex with Pam though? And Pam and Mallory? I don't remember any of that.

Clydefrog

Archer truly never really floated my boat but now I just can't be bothered to DVR the episodes anymore. Sigh. Maybe I'm dying inside.

NastyBook

Finally finished my binge watch of all the seasons and am up now caught up to the latest eps.

THIS SHOW IS SO DAMN GOOD. Lanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
A binge session for this show sounds awesome. Very jealous right now.

Just finished the last two episodes. The voice mails are probably the best running gag in the show now. That fucking croc attack, though. Shit was way worse than the one in season 2.

@Someday: Pam and Lana had sex in the season 1 finale. Pam and Malory had sex in the season 2 premiere. The callback to those in episode 8 was great.

Easily my favorite episode this season, although the first was great too.

When did Lana have sex with Pam though? And Pam and Mallory? I don't remember any of that.

S1 or S2 episode, Lana was collecting 200 bucks from all the guys at Isis so they could say she slept with them.

Episode ends with Lana and Pam about to have sex if I'm remembering it correctly.

S1 or S2 episode, Lana was collecting 200 bucks from all the guys at Isis so they could say she slept with them.

Episode ends with Lana and Pam about to have sex if I'm remembering it correctly.

Pam/Mallory was most likely definitely "Swiss Miss" in S2. What with the Green Russians and hot tubs and all.

- GIFs from Warming Glow

iqRhXzp8eGyV.gif

someday

Banned
As soon as this quarter is done (after next Wednesday) I'm going to do a rewatch from the beginning. I marathoned this show and I know I missed a lot of small touches (and big ones it seems).

Crocodile

The last episode was hilarious. This show is hilarious. I love it :)

Kind of weird that Archer knows so much about crocodiles but the character has always been oddly knowledgeable about certain topics whilst lacking any amount of common sense :p

Red

The last episode was hilarious. This show is hilarious. I love it :)

Kind of weird that Archer knows so much about crocodiles but the character has always been oddly knowledgeable about certain topics whilst lacking any amount of common sense :p

He has common sense a lot of the time, or is at least aware of what the common sense would be. It's just that, like Ray pointed out, he doesn't give a shit, since everything works out for him anyway.

The only time he lapses out of common sense is when the real world clashes with his self-centered worldview. So like when he expected Lana to be excited about Kenny Loggins at her baby shower.

Mazre

Just saw this weeks episode, absolutely outstanding, best episode of the season by a wide margin. Loved the crash gags, Archer's rave voice mail, the crocodile attack, "J'accuse!", the lack of a fireball when Archer shot the gas tank, Ray trolling Archer + Cyril. Episode flat out delivered throughout on all levels.

Grinchy

Banned
Good episode again. I like how Archer wasn't really the one causing all the bad stuff to happen and he was actually the one getting them out of trouble while still being a dick about it.

Everyone is totally right that the show is funny when there is a mission going on. This season has had some real duds but the last few have been hilarious.

Ourobolus

Banned
Wow. Ok, that episode was fantastic. I was laughing my ass off the entire time. The "god.......damn....you know," had my sides in stitches.

They need to keep up this sort of dynamic. While the stuff at home wasn't much compared to the boys out in the field, it wasn't bad. I like when they seem to have some sort of mission to go on - the dialogue seems to benefit as a result.

Pew pew
"Fear is their bacon bits!" :lol

Red

Rewatched Monday's episode and couldn't stop laughing. I think the only unfunny joke was Pam's cocaine bullshit.

The timing on those vines snapping after "God..." is so perfect. And I don't think a crocodile attack has ever been so hilarious in all of human history.

I am very late in asking this:
How did Pam get so thin?

Cocaine. They've made about 600 jokes every episode for the past four or five episodes about Pam doing cocaine. They finally stopped making Pam/cocaine jokes this episode. (Thank Christ. Those jokes were really getting old.)

big ander

They still made a pam/coke joke this ep. It was just one or two instead of like, seven though.

And they've made a couple jokes directly about her taking coke and getting skinny. Wasn't the entire crux of the smokey and the bandit ep that she loved being skinny and there was like 10 minutes of conversation about it?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the best Archer dialogue I've ever heard was in this episode.

ЯAW

Banned
Great episode and first episode of the season that I actually liked. Hopefully this is their turning point and they finally can start selling some cocaine.

BigAT

A couple items from EW's Archer article this week:
- 8 Great In-Jokes Explained
- Adam Reed with a few thoughts on next season (spoilers)

"So we put that in there and then the president of the American Tinnitus Association e-mailed us and said, 'Thanks so much for raising awareness.' So now we put it in quite frequently. FX every year makes donations and each show picks its own charity. And Archer's charity is the American Tinnitus Association.''

That's pretty great.

I do like the constant references to how ridiculously unrealistic certain "spy" tropes are.

"Why are we fighting on top of the train? We're still... on the train."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom