• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer - S5 |OT| of Phrasing, Gurpgork, Boop! & the Danger Zone - Mondays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Krieger needs to be used less. He's the show's funniest character proportionally. He has more hits than anyone else, no need to dilute that formula.

Shaneus

That's pretty awesome. But yeah, we just need more suave/dick Archer and less clumsy/stupid/asshole Archer. And more Archer/Lana shenanigans.

And more Archer picking up loose women.

Trike

Not really a huge fan on this season overall, and I think it is probably the worst. Ditching the spy thing kind of sucked, but really the constant attention on Pam is the worst. I didn't dislike Pam before, but her constant presence and same schtick is getting really annoying.

When are we getting to Miami, guys? :(

tumblr_l2oibwiSB01qz9rjn.gif

And then at the end of the season

tumblr_l2oic3J0vk1qz9rjn.gif

Bonus coke Pam

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Glad to see it's renewed, Adam Reed sounded kind of worried when he compared Archer's shift to Vice to Frisky Dingo's change resulting in the latter's cancellation.

And yeah I'm getting pretty tired of the same Pam coke joke over and over. Gimme some more Cyrill, Ray, and Krieger damn it all!

it was the shift in theme that got frisky dingo cancelled? but we got Wendell and more taquil in season 2

arab

this season is garbage. it's obvious that show is only written by one man who's run out of ideas. the cocaine/cherlene subplot is building up to no payoff.

archer has become second fiddle to bottom-tier characterization fueled by an unfunny coke addiction. they're shoving pam down our throats with horrible writing. i am so disappointed that archer vice has actually
made the show worse.

Furyous

When did Pam receive Coke mentos? Is it me or did she lose weight?

There's too much going on this season between the pregnancy, drug dealing, and burgeoning singing career.

I hope the end of last week's episode provides a chance for the status quo return next season.

MMA Pam>>>> Cokehead Pam.

Grinchy

Banned
When did Pam receive Coke mentos? Is it me or did she lose weight?

There's too much going on this season between the pregnancy, drug dealing, and burgeoning singing career.

I hope the end of last week's episode provides a chance for the status quo return next season.

MMA Pam>>>> Cokehead Pam.

I don't think she "received" coke mentos, coke cupcakes, coke donuts, ect. She made them to get away with stealing more coke and doing it in front of everyone who's desperately trying to sell it. And of course she lost weight, lol. That's the joke. Coke addicts lose weight. But I agree that the last episode was awesome and it pumped me up for the rest of the season.

kingocfs

this season is garbage. it's obvious that show is only written by one man who's run out of ideas. the cocaine/cherlene subplot is building up to no payoff.

archer has become second fiddle to bottom-tier characterization fueled by an unfunny coke addiction. they're shoving pam down our throats with horrible writing. i am so disappointed that archer vice has actually
made the show worse.

Unfortunately kind of agree. This season hasn't been doing it for me at all.

Malmorian

made the show worse.

Everything in this post is true in my opinion.

Why no Krieger love? Charlene sucks and all she does is scream. No glue habit?
Pam got sexy, but the flip side is her entire character is now based around being a coke head. Funny for 1 episode so come on all already.

And I have to wonder how long Lana will be pregnant. Just feels all in all like they are streeeeetching this season.
It's really too bad, the show was on such a roll.

Red

Cheryl has always been the worst most unfunny character, usurped now only because Pam has become total shit.

Calling Cheryl "Cherlene" and making her a focal point was simply one bad decision among many. She works best as a situation piece or as a facilitator of gags involving others. The glue thing was never funny, and is probably the nearest corollary to Pam's current shitshow.

big ander

Ugh finally Archer in the field with Cyril and/or Ray. That part of the ep was incredible.

The stuff at home was atrocious again. Every Pam joke grates more and more.

DrStiles

That felt like classic Archer tonight and it was awesome. Excited to see what happens next week as well, the coke plot is finally going somewhere.

arab

FINALLY A GOOD EPISODE THIS SEASON JESUS. had its weak moments but it's above and beyond better than the rest of the season so far. only complaint was the cuts to pam at the house, as they reminded me how much of a stupid character pam has become.

Cyril is a book smart idiot, if you catch my drift.

Edit:

I disagree with the flack Pam is catching. I've laughed at many of her scenes, including tonight's.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
who

i will break them
It was a steady request for awhile since season three (and when she was training to become a field agent, I was into that idea of her being an agent whole heartedly, but not so much a coke fiend).

trinest

FINALLY A GOOD EPISODE THIS SEASON JESUS. had its weak moments but it's above and beyond better than the rest of the season so far. only complaint was the cuts to pam at the house, as they reminded me how much of a stupid character pam has become.

I thought it was the weakest episode outside of the season opener.

trinest

That there's been a new episode and only 25 posts on it says a LOT for the enthusiasm this season.

When I bulk watched the first few episodes at a friends place, I felt they streamed together better in that setting. Probably would be something more apreshated when watching all at once, but otherwise just seems like a segement of something.

Ourobolus

Banned
While I'm not with a lot of people here in thinking this season has been abysmal, it certainly has been lacking. That said, I've been happy with some of the more recent episodes (the one yesterday was IMO a nice return to form).

Still need less Pam + Coke though. She's still funny, but not when the joke is a directly-related-to-coke one.

And I don't have hatred for Cheryl/Cherlene - she's had some fantastic lines in this show ("Just ignore it, it's non-diegetic"), but the glue thing is essentially a toned down version of Pam's coke habit - but she needs to have some more focus in this season if they're going to actually go anywhere with her singing career.

We need more rants like Archer's explanation of the voicemail. That was fucking hilarious.

Side note: Did anyone else catch the homeless ISIS moustachioed dude on the bench?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Krieger needs to be used less. He's the show's funniest character proportionally. He has more hits than anyone else, no need to dilute that formula.

I was going to say this but for Pam. The less they've used her the funnier the episodes have been this season.

Demon Ice

Banned
I enjoyed last week's episode more but I will say Archer's explanation of the voicemail hoax was utterly fantastic.

That and giving Lana shit for her man-hands.

"I'm pregnant!"

"It said, baffling medical science."

And Pam's still obnoxious as hell.

kirblar

I liked that we got the girls and boys isolated into different groups this episode (minus Krieger) - it created a different vibe that was fun.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Does anyone think there's gonna be small world style reveal and Lana's baby is gonna be someone at the firm or someone they know? Young archer doesn't seem like he would be above going to a spermbank, Cyril has a known sex addiction and I could see him getting his rocks off to get more money, and there's outside sources like Conway and Barry who would do something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom