• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Testpunch Thread: Let's see if this has LEGS

atr0cious

tumblr_op56ygqZnv1qh1rfpo1_1280.gif
No stream? I'm in a Target on WiFi looking for it lol

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Gave it another go. Game is well made but just not for me. Honestly don't know that I'll ever get into competitive mp games again. They just don't hold my already waning gaming interest at all.

semisonic

Banned
Oh my god

just played in a doubles lobby where i was literally the only person who threw a punch that wasn't a grab

new meta confirmed

Luigi87

Well fuck you too game.

2v2, partner immediately disconnected, so into a 1 v 2

Then as I'm trying to hold my own, the healing item drops on my opponents.

I want to like this game because it seems good and fun but I can't get used to the controls (motion and handheld) and every match I've done I've missed 75% of my punches and just get grab spammed :( Maybe I'll like it a bit more in the full game vs AI where I may have a chance

B00TE

God I love it when they are all cocky getting in super close, then you super them right in the face

I had one guy trying to do this to me and spamming throws, which I broke with the dragon arm and then lasered him in the face. Over and over and over again, lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Given that grab and guard play off each other they need to make the guard button on the pro controller not so awkward unlike the extremely easy to use throw command

Symphonic

Man I just don't don't know about this game. It's fun and I love the characters but the controls both motion and non motion just feel so random and imprecise to me when you compare it to something like Smash Bros.

60 bucks is steep too for a game that's all about one thing (that I may or may not even like)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Yoooo, I had Twintelle vs a Master Mummy who kept grab spamming me in the beginning of the match. I came from behind the steal the W! So satisfying.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
2v2 is trash. As soon as one person goes down, that team has lost. Basically impossible to handle two opponents at once.

Oregano

FFS How the fuck are you supposed to beat a Helix and Grabjara team. Helix just blocks everything you throw whilst the other guy constantly fucking grapples you.:mad:

Sora_N

Something really needs to be done about grabbing. It's not hard to counter but it's just not fun to play against.

Yeah every person I fought against just grabbed non-stop, it's so retarded.

I tried most of the characters but I couldn't get into Twintelle at all even though she has a great design.

I could only align with vanillas like Spring Man or Ribbon Girl sadly.

Ladekabel

I'm glad that people enjoy this game because my time with the game was poor.

Motion Controls moving didn't work at all for me and I could only block for the fraction of a minute. My punches never went in the direction I wanted to. Worked better with the joy cons as a controller but was not ideally either. A hybrid between these two would have been the best option so I'm baffled that it isn't an option.

I think in my 10-15 games I only won two matches and one where you hit the targets. In the two matches I won I don't what I made to win them. While the matches I lost can be contributed to a lack of skill I noticed how often times I got grabbed by my opponent when on my screen there grab went a meter or two besides me. On the contrary, I saw my grabs going right through my opponent. And it always felt like my opponents had a quicker recovery from their missed moves than me. And sometimes it would ignore my dash it favor of being hit.

Like I said, some of that probably results in a lack of skill but it never felt good to lose when I noticed especially the thing with a grab or bombs spawning right next to me.

I hope the game gets the community because it seems pretty good design wise but definitely not for me.

Maiar_m

Tried to play with pro controller this time around. I didn't like it as much, although I understand it might be a better competitive option. It's just not as fun to me. I got thoroughly destroyed on my last match as an Helix against Twintelle. She grabbed so. damn. much, didn't have a chance to break the throw with a bunch. Looking forward to playing more when this lands!

dottme

I'm starting to really get bored to fight Ninjara.
The good point is that I win.
The bad point, they all use the same technic.

Zedark

Alright, that's the Testpunch for me. Great fun, got some really fun matches this round, with last breath winst - and losse - and a good amount of decent opponents. Can't wait for the full game to go even deeper!

Shahadan

I'm glad that people enjoy this game because my time with the game was poor.

Motion Controls moving didn't work at all for me and I could only block for the fraction of a minute. My punches never went in the direction I wanted to. Worked better with the joy cons as a controller but was not ideally either. A hybrid between these two would have been the best option so I'm baffled that it isn't an option.

I think in my 10-15 games I only won two matches and one where you hit the targets. In the two matches I won I don't what I made to win them. While the matches I lost can be contributed to a lack of skill I noticed how often times I got grabbed by my opponent when on my screen there grab went a meter or two besides me. On the contrary, I saw my grabs going right through my opponent. And it always felt like my opponents had a quicker recovery from their missed moves than me. And sometimes it would ignore my dash it favor of being hit.

Like I said, some of that probably results in a lack of skill but it never felt good to lose when I noticed especially the thing with a grab or bombs spawning right next to me.

I hope the game gets the community because it seems pretty good design wise but definitely not for me.

Edit: missed the key phrase lol, sorry

Seems like lag issue for the most part though. I got those a few times today

That last round was the absolute worst one that I had. Everything bad that could happen, did. I was consistently put in lobbies with people way outside my skill level, I spent half the time fighting Headlok, so many Greninja's spamming grab - it was a headache inducing hour. I still kinda had fun, but it was a bit of a sour note to end things off on lmao.

Takat

Great game. I'm buying it. Reached a 101 today, and I feel great about it. I also feel like my muscles are working again!

Had great matches, managed to return the grabbing favor when needed.

And that's a wrap (ending with 92)

Can't wait for next week.

Not sure if I want to delete this, though (I still have the Splatoon 2 Testfire on my system).

Top Bottom