• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Artbooks - The Best And The Worst

So glad the MMZ book is getting reprinted, same for Persona 4. Buying those ASAP.

Now if only the Megaman Battle Network artbook would get reprinted.....that thing is stupidly expensive

Splatoon 2 OST and Art Book were announced in Famitsu:

DKE0M7lUIAUV7WM.jpg

Via

Hey there gang!

Matt here, Director of Publishing at UDON. Caught that you were chatting about UDON art books.

Happy to join in if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns about any of our projects. Just let me know! I'll keep an eye on this thread to check if there's something to respond to.

Thanks all!

-Matt Moylan

Don't suppose there's any chance of the Megaman Battle Network art book getting a reprint with the MMZ one? It's been real expensive for a while

gpn

Hey there gang!

Matt here, Director of Publishing at UDON. Caught that you were chatting about UDON art books.

Happy to join in if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns about any of our projects. Just let me know! I'll keep an eye on this thread to check if there's something to respond to.

Thanks all!

-Matt Moylan

Hey Matt,

I love the work you guys do at UDON, and have several of your books.

If you're taking requests, I'd love to see you guys publish this Danganronpa book that covers the first two games. I have the Japanese version, but would love to be able to read it. Keep up the great work and looking forward to that Persona 4 reprint.

danganronpa.jpg

Raitaro

anyone found this on the UK amazon store yet?

Only found this so far by looking up the ISBN. It's currently unavailable though. Could be a timing issue of course.

On a different note, I'm still wondering what the hell happened to the Super Mario Encyclopedia that was up for pre-orders in English and German at one point but which has been been put on unavailable with preorders being cancelled. I truly hope that this book is not cancelled forever as it would have been the first of its kind (outside of the Japanese version) in collecting the many great 2D Mario drawings seen in the old manuals, and as such would have been an item I've been searching for for a long time...

eefara

Did anyone know that an artbook for the Pokemon Adventures manga was recently localized?

61A5nLHudCL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyone have this and have any opinions on it?

ZoronMaro

Did anyone know that an artbook for the Pokemon Adventures manga was recently localized?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61A5nLHudCL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg[/IMG

Anyone have this and have any opinions on it?[/QUOTE]

Found this on google without much trouble, although it's the japanese version I assume they're the same.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YMnlzU8PdU[/url]

Actually as someone with little interest in pokemon, that looks like a solid artbook

Bowl0l

Hey there gang!

Thanks all!

-Matt Moylan
Where could I import Persona 4 : Official Design Works?
It's already sold out in Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1926778456/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Definitely, it's an evergreen book we will likely always keep reprinting. There's a new run startign at the printer now, so look for it to return in a few months.
Edited: Just found the reply. Duly noted.

UDON works with the Japanese book publisher to localize the Persona art books, while as I understand it, Prima is working with Atlus USA to create an original P5 art book (in terms of layout text content, etc).

We still think there's a market of the original Japanese P5 art book to be localized, so we'll continue to work on getting the rights to that. Certain licenses unfortunately take time (the Persona 3/4 manga took us 2 years to get the rights to localize, oof!)
Will Keep an eye on this.

Only found this so far by looking up the ISBN. It's currently unavailable though. Could be a timing issue of course.

On a different note, I'm still wondering what the hell happened to the Super Mario Encyclopedia that was up for pre-orders in English and German at one point but which has been been put on unavailable with preorders being cancelled. I truly hope that this book is not cancelled forever as it would have been the first of its kind (outside of the Japanese version) in collecting the many great 2D Mario drawings seen in the old manuals, and as such would have been an item I've been searching for for a long time...

Available for pre order so snagged one. I'd kick myself if I didn't get it while it's available.

Where could I import Persona 4 : Official Design Works?
It's already sold out in Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1926778456/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's getting a reprint, no?

I wonder if the DS1 book would get a reprint. It's OOP and stupid expensive in the UK now, although it's not particularly big iirc so even a cheaper price stings a bit...

eefara

I went ahead and ordered the Pokemon Adventures artbook; I've really gotta take a picture of my collection one day and post it here.

^ was available on CDJAPAN, but it's sold out – http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOBK-2064913?s_ssid=e4609e59c5d7d1fc9

edit: it seems I found it on Amazon JP - https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4048925237/, ¥3,996 (~ 35-36 USD)

edit2: and bought it :)

Congratz ! I bought mine in a book off in a subburb in the greater tokyo. These shops are amazing.

Edit :

cr27nZv.png

48 hours since its up on Amazon and already 40%. Jesus... This thing wont come out before May 2018...

I'm so fucking mad at the amazing prices amazon.us gives on these books. I pay full price for these...

Adry9

Congratz ! I bought mine in a book off in a subburb in the greater tokyo. These shops are amazing.

Edit :

cr27nZv.png

48 hours since its up on Amazon and already 40%. Jesus... This thing wont come out before May 2018...

I'm so fucking mad at the amazing prices amazon.us gives on these books. I pay full price for these...

70€ = $83 in Spain. Almost cheaper to pay for global shipping lol

EDIT: Wait, it is actually cheaper! $58 with shipping to Europe, that's $25 less. This is hilarious.

Spacebar

Any impressions from the destiny 2 book? Really love the art in D2 and the book looked neat

I think the art book doesn't come out until Nov. 28. I got it pre ordered on amazon.

BTW my pre order for the The Art of MGS I-IV adjusted to the new price of $47.99.

gaiages

Banned
Oh man I'm so legit excited that the preorder price dropped for MGS. It was already a good deal, that's an incredible price :3

I want to get the Persona 5 Art Book, because its like £14 on Amazon...but its a tad over 400 pages and its paperback, at that price and page count I can't imagine the paper stock to be of particularly good quality.

Also slightly conflicted about the Art of Overwatch book. I love the characters, but it's also one of those times where it's more because the designs seem fun and full of personality vs having some "Holy shit that art style...." that say made me buy the Street Fighter art book. Does that make sense? : /

I have the SF25 Artbook, the FFXIV ones so far (got the lorebook for that too), SMT IV...and maybe something else I'm forgetting.

AdamisFox

61A5nLHudCL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anyone have this and have any opinions on it?

I've got the Japanese version and the French one. It's really a great artbook, filled with art, sketches and some pages from a Rangers manga. Worth the price if I may say so :)

Shinigami

I'm looking forward to the P5 artbook, so just checked my order on Amazon and it looks like it got delayed... Anyone else having the same issue?

Ultimadrago

I'm looking forward to the P5 artbook, so just checked my order on Amazon and it looks like it got delayed... Anyone else having the same issue?

Yep, from this week to December. I was just thinking of cancelling the Prima art book actually, but with that kind of delay I kind of want to wait and see what's up. lol

Mieu

Yes. If ever the price goes down when you have ordered the book, you'll get the lowest price.

The Overwatch LE artbook is locked at $60 for me

eefara

I'll be in Japan by that time... Wonder if I should just cancel and buy it there...

According to the Udon guy (who seems to have unfortunately disappeared), it's possible that the Prima artbook is its own separate thing from the official Japanese artbook.

According to the Udon guy (who seems to have unfortunately disappeared), it's possible that the Prima artbook is its own separate thing from the official Japanese artbook.

Still time to see it coming but I may end up buying the japanese one in Tokyo in december lol. We'll see what Prima has to offer then

Top Bottom