• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

impact

Banned
Laptop CPUs flexing their muscles. These consoles fared better when they were simply taking last gen engines and adding effects.

Yea go play Infamous: SS and say that again. It looks a generation ahead of this Ubishit mess. Also doesn't drop frames like ACP apparently does.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Stuttery as hell; really hope that's a bad encode or something.

Who's taking bets on the size of the day one patch? 10GB+?
I suspect its a problem with the encode as frame-rate remains stuttering even in areas with little happening on screen.

fernoca

So you chose to take the 3 pics that were shot by an angle which made the game look less shitty? Okay.
Sorry for not following the trend, and post 3 shitty pics with lololol...

Videos and impressions are what I expected, something back to ACII. Could've looked exactly like II and still like how it looks.

Then again, I getting this so I'm probably justifying my preorder. ;p

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Being more serious here, some images are good (like those in Saint-Chapelle), but others are bad looking, with strange filters and NPCs with less details than Bayonetta 2 NPCs. Those trasparent NPCs, I mean.

So strange. Maybe different camera / some things better than others?

woen

It looks like the sub-HS Red Dead on PS3 : low poly, a bit too aliased in some moments, low res textures. It'll look amazing on PC, like the original screenshots, but I hope PS4 gets patches to fix all the mess. It doesn't look that bad but it's a step backward from AC4 (with much better lighting, mob, higher and bigger cites etc, but still)

Paasei

Wow, it sure needs some patches then.

No idea how ACIV looked before the 1080p patch, though. Might have been same as horrible.

But yeah, this worries me a lot. Deep down I hope it has something to do with the fact that it's not officialy released yet....
But I'm quite sure I know better =(

kick51

Banned
not going to judge a game by terrible screenshots, lots of trolls in here. You guys know you're still buying it.

trolling - screens look good, but people talk shit anyway

not trolling - screens look bad and can legitimately be criticized/made fun of

we're in the second situation.

also LOL @ the idea of me buying a ubi game.

Phazon

OP screens look awful

TIpViTp.png

But the other ones are okay. Will untill more arrive to make a final judgment about it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I didn't know that. The last AC I bought was 1.

You missed a great increase in AC. AC2 was way a head in terms of gameplay, story, and graphics. AC Unity looks like it has a huge scale, possibly the reason to why it looks the way it does.

I think people miss out on a lot if they only played the original AC. It's going to be a night and day difference IMO.

GHG

Gold Member
Laptop CPUs flexing their muscles. These consoles fared better when they were simply taking last gen engines and adding effects.

True. Only so much they can do with them really.

Disappointing that these consoles have ultimately been hampered by the recent stagnation in the CPU market over the last 5 years or so.

Here's hoping the PC version can look a lot better than this.

ironcreed

Banned
Looks great to me and I know it is going to be gorgeous on my screen. Can't wait to mess around with the new parkour and all of that wonderful customization.

Guys, it looks blurry not because of the resolution, it's the anti aliasing solution they are using. It reminds me of GTA 4 on PC, that ugly blur that was used to hide jaggies (Don't know if console version had this too.)

Guys, it looks blurry not because of the resolution, it's the anti aliasing solution they are using.

It would be a combination. Post processing AA doesn't cause nearly as much blurring if it's applied at a much higher resolution. Downsampling combined with some form of post processing AA can look quite good.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
That is a lot of NPC's on screen. I can only imagine the strain the console is taking just by your character being able to probably physically interact with each and everyone of them.

Confirming what was confirmed.

Graphics don't look so good, has some vaseline filter.

Have a feeling on a TV this will look much better than looking at stills on a monitor. Obviously we all want 1080p, but I remember AC4 at 900p looking pretty good, and that was pretty much a last gen game. Also, from what I've seen of Unity in motion, it pops.

Wavebossa

Lol its supposed to be "Great IQ - High Framerate - High Res - choose 2"

But.. i'm pretty sure Ubisoft went with option 4... Vaseline

SerTapTap

Guys, it looks blurry not because of the resolution, it's the anti aliasing solution they are using.

What AA has that drastic of a negative effect? I'm the first to jump in and hate on FXAA but it's not generally this bad.

Since when crushed blacks make stuff better? o.o

Go into any Crushed Blacks thread and you'll find a lot of poor souls applauding Dat Pop™ unfortunately

Durante

It looks blurry because of the combination of the sub-native resolution and post-processing AA they are using.

But I'd still be happy about the AA, because sub-native with no AA would look worse.

SerTapTap

did this game have a downgrade? these screens look nothing like the trailers and e3 footage. im disappointed.

First trailers were CGI for one thing. Basically assume all marketing material from Ubisoft is a lie unless it's a Ubiart game, wait for direct capture of retail release.

That is a lot of NPC's on screen. I can only imagine the strain the console is taking just by your character being able to probably physically interact with each and everyone of them.

Hopefully more NPCs = more hilarious NPC glitches.

I have a bad feeling there will be large patches of NPCs all moving in unison, ala a flock of birds, at certain times. :p

ironcreed

Banned
Am I the only who thinks this looks good? (And better than ACIV, despite the less sharp image)

No, it obviously looks far better than Black Flag. Hell, I even thought Black Flag looked nice on PS3. Being ugly is not something that Assassin's Creed has ever suffered from and Unity is easily the prettiest one yet. As should be the case.

It would be a combination. Post processing AA doesn't cause nearly as much blurring if it's applied at a much higher resolution. Downsampling combined with some form of post processing AA can look quite good.

Yeah you're right, It's a combination of both. It would clearly look noticeably better at 1080p.

That doesn't look as good as it should or could for a next gen only game on any console! AC 4 looked better than that did, picture quality wise that looks only marginally better than AC4 did on WiiU*

How long have they been developing this been in development? for that unimpressive visual quality it best be locked at 30fps and run like Usain bolt

*Thats because the Wiiu visually punched above its weight before anyone calls me reactionary, i gush over how good the wiiu version looks, though in fairness the WiiU version only looked pretty the frame rate and some glitches were dire at times...still looked good for screen shots

Top Bottom