• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

Meier

My wife and I are going to New Orleans next week. First time while working at UT that we are actually going on a little vacation during Spring Break. Going to miss most of SX Music but we never do much if anything except on Saturday anyway and we'll be back for that.

Just went to Tyson's Tacos. I think it's the best tacos I had so far in Austin. Pork Belly was my favorite.

Hadn't heard of this place.. will have to try it some day after work or something. Torchy's remains my favorite, but El Tacorrido makes a mean torta and my wife loves their tacos. Cabo Bob's remains my second favorite after Torchy's and will be hard to displace.

Is SXSW worth going to just for the Gaming Expo? I'd only be interested in video games, not so much tabletop or tournament. I'd love to check out a Vive or Oculus.

Is SXSW worth going to just for the Gaming Expo? I'd only be interested in video games, not so much tabletop or tournament. I'd love to check out a Vive or Oculus.

It really just all depends for you.

I feel its worth it for me on people cosplaying, and interacting with my FGC bros. I can't wait.

I got an email I can work from home today because of Obama and SXSW traffic. Yay!

But with Hitman out I'll be focused on mergers and acquisitions.
mergers-and-acquisitions.331653617.png

Zoe

I've never seen the pick up line at Torchy's form into an actual line. Thanks Obama!

MZW8hGOl.jpg

(This honestly wasn't our first choice, but the other two restaurants we tried had long waits)

Timeaisis

I've never seen the pick up line at Torchy's form into an actual line. Thanks Obama!

MZW8hGOl.jpg

(This honestly wasn't our first choice, but the other two restaurants we tried had long waits)

Well, I'm kind of thankful he didn't hit Tacodeli now. Kinda wanted to eat there for lunch tomorrow.

Zoe

Well, I'm kind of thankful he didn't hit Tacodeli now. Kinda wanted to eat there for lunch tomorrow.
I never bother to eat at Tacodeli cause there just aren't any convenient to where I live or work.

And they're not open for dinner.

neshcom

Banned
Hey gang, I've been working to put on a comedy show tomorrow afternoon. It's free and there'll be music. It's 2p-5p at Brew Exchange on 6th street and free to the public. Come on by if you're free!

Maybe I will check out the VR next week. I take a half day next thursday and friday. Is it far from the austin convention center? Because I'm going the gaming part after work. If you guys want to meet I'm down.

Timeaisis

Anyonw down for a meetup next weekend?

Hello. Just moved Texas for a job in Austin I start next week. Got an apartment that's in Cedar Park so I don't know if I really fit the bill to post here, but I'll likely go to Austin often enough. Still settling in but thought I'd say hi.

Sorry I forgot to respond, but welcome! Plenty of people live in Cedar Park, so you absolutely fit the bill! How have you liked your first couple weeks here?

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Went to Pinballz recently. The X-men game had 1 CRT down and TMNT Turtles in Time was gone, but the new Star Wars game wasn't bad.

Otherwise, pretty impressed. Very lively for a weekday. Seems like every time I go it's much busier.

Timeaisis

Went to Pinballz recently. The X-men game had 1 CRT down and TMNT Turtles in Time was gone, but the new Star Wars game wasn't bad.

Otherwise, pretty impressed. Very lively for a weekday. Seems like every time I go it's much busier.

Yeah, I noticed that on X-Men last time I played. Kind of weird and sad. I didn't get to try the new SW game, though.

Yeah, when?

Was thinking Sat in the PM, but doesn't look like anyone else is interested because we have the best community.

neshcom

Banned
Was thinking Sat in the PM, but doesn't look like anyone else is interested because we have the best community.

If there's a get-together, you know I'm up for being potentially 50% of the attendants. Saturday would be good for me. Don't you normies have Friday off too?

Timeaisis

If there's a get-together, you know I'm up for being potentially 50% of the attendants. Saturday would be good for me. Don't you normies have Friday off too?

It is Austin-GAF tradition, after all.

But yeah, I'm free all day Friday, too. Easter weekend and all that. We could do literally anything, GAF. ANYTHING.

Any of you guys thinking of going to Texas Showdown in Houston? I signed up for Dreamhack Austin and I noticed TS is not too far from it. Still contemplating of heading out there. I'll play anyone in SF5, CFN is SixMachine but I'll probably get a chance to play this weekend, pending some things that can come up.

Hylian7

So out of curiousity, anyone out of AustinGAF going to the Dota 2 International this year?

I bought tickets, but not 100% sure I'll get to go, just depends on my financial situation over the next months.

Timeaisis

Pueblo Viejo is my personal favorite. The Al Pastor and breakfast tacos are the best I've ever had. Not to mention fresh limeade.

I could for some right now.

Oh, man that sounds good. I need to try that place.

So what's going on, people? Anyone up to anything cool lately?

Zeke

Anyone get hit hard by the storm? I'm in San Antonio and we got some nasty hail. You could hear these loud ass thuds hitting the roof and all of a sudden hail came pouring down. My gf's windshield ended up getting cracked.

Timeaisis

Still waiting on that event.

Event? As in Austin-GAF meet-up? Ha!
You guys know I'm practically always down for something, right?

Anyone get hit hard by the storm? I'm in San Antonio and we got some nasty hail. You could hear these loud ass thuds hitting the roof and all of a sudden hail came pouring down. My gf's windshield ended up getting cracked.

Yeah, I don't think it was as hard as you guys. It was pretty rough thunderstorm for about 2 hours, but it didn't seem too too terrible. SA probably got the worst of it.

Top Bottom