• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia tour of South Africa |OT| Battle of the Batsmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But seeing how we're going, we gotta have the extra half an hour right?

Forget the decision, I'm more worried about time now.

Shame it has to come down to one of those. It looked like his thumb and index finger was off the bat, but a tough one to call.

Still think Australia should get the likes of Steyn and Morkel in this last hour.

artist

Banned
You getting the supersport telecast which is what is on foxtel in hd in Australia with South African commentary as well?
Yes ..

imageavpit.png

Got it! Aussies win!!!!!

We'll done boys, I never lost faith!

No 1 test team ranking coming in April! Deserved for beating the no1 team at home!

Whoa!!!!!!

kmag

What a gritty performance from Harris. At points he looked like could barely walk. Steyn showed the same sort of grit as well.

Rezbit

That lad Harris. Beautiful man, I could kiss you. Way to close for my comfort. Jesus.

Also nice work bowling at the stumps lol.

Well done, Aus. Deserved the win considering what happened this match.

South Africa put up a good fight, but were coming to an end of a long period of dominance, and will start rebuilding phase without the likes of Smith and Kallis. Some changes to the side to be made as well.

Australia, meanwhile, starting a period where I think they will be very strong.

Grug

Ryan Harris is the toughest cricketer I have ever seen. The dude has no cartilage in his knee. It is literally bone on bone and he just slaughters himself for his country.

A wonderful, wonderful cricketer.

Grug

I yelled so suddenly I startled my cat who was asleep on the bookshelf. She fell off backwards and scampered off to parts unknown.

South Africa put up a good fight, but were coming to an end of a strong period, and will start rebuilding phase without the likes of Smith and Kallis. Some changes to the side to be made as well.

Cheers mate, good to have some opposition supporters like yourself in here. You had a good run at the top but yes, I think Aussies have the chance to build a very good team with some of the talent coming through.

Grug

Commiserations to the Proteas supporters on here who seem to be very good eggs. The Saffers are fighters to the end.

What a great series.

I wouldn't describe what South Africa are about to go through as a "rebuild", more like a top up.

The bulk of a very, very good cricket team is still in place.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

South Africa put up a good fight, but were coming to an end of a long period of dominance, and will start rebuilding phase without the likes of Smith and Kallis. Some changes to the side to be made as well.

Nah, I reckon we still have a few issues to sort out. I love the man, but I feel ryan harris's career will be too short after this test. Especially with a surgery coming up. Will be hard to replace him. Bloody hard.

Such a shame, but he has bowled his heart out for this summer. Hoping he continues for a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom