• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

Done.
224c61085d.png

Ryne

"The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms."

So if I hit (or exceed) the recommended specs why am I missing the effects the consoles have?

Got the game for free with my 980 Ti, but if I paid this would be my first refund.

Can't support them after this, especially if they don't fix it.

Robby322

MrFortyFive

As tempted as I am to pick it up on my PS4, the last thing I want to do is give them more money for this shitshow. I'm in the same boat as those who can't get refunds, so I guess I'll just hope that someday this mess will be more playable. Until then, bad reviews all around!

Edit: Also just noticed that Steam took down that giant banner for the game on the front of their store. Good move.

Justinh

Mother of God, it took me all day to get through this thread. Needless to say I'm glad I didn't already buy it, although I'm not glad because it looked so damn good in the promotional videos.

I just hope a patch makes it so that I can actually launch my damn game. I haven't seen anyone else with my issues. I'm scared =(

I had noticed that Geforce experience prompted me that it had downloaded optimization information, so I clicked on it, and this is what I saw... Ain't this the truth:

nmrzEa5.jpg

LMAO!

I think I would've been fine dealing with the game at 30 if I could get it locked with minimal stuttering, but the fact that it's missing graphical effects really pisses me off, so I guess it's the waiting game for me.

Actually, I stopped playing Witcher 3 when the xp glitch was going on, now's a good time to jump back in, I reckon.
"reckon" is a fun word to say. So is "terlet"

Wait, no. "Fine with it" isn't right, I'd probably play it for 30 minutes and shelve it like I did with Unity and Watch Dogs.

jacobeid

Banned
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...formance-PLEASE-READ-FIRST/m-p/572903#U572903

wow they are nuts

"The Recommended Spec is intended to deliver an experience on par with the current generation of gaming platforms."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK4sobSgKRM

Batman: Arkham Knight - Nvidia GameWorks 60 FPS Trailer---wait what

Almost a day to just tell us the specs. Had they not updated their specs THE DAY BEFORE release I would not have purchased. Had I known IG was responsible for the port, I would not have purchased.

This isn't going to get fixed. Never again, WB. Never again. You're on my shit list too, RS.

kodecraft

Didn't they say consoles and the pc version would be on parity. Means the pc is purposely capped at 30fps. Again this is MKX and The Evil Within all over again.

SlickVic

So they're claiming a GTX 660 can only get a somewhat stable 30 FPS with everything low and going one step further by lowering the resolution to 720p?

I admit I'm not super familiar with the conversion of console hardware to PC, but I thought your average GTX 660 rig should be able to at least handle a game with equivalent settings and performance to a PS4? This is making the big assumption of a competent PC version of course.

Wow, you guys are acting like they purposefully left out the rain shaders and AO lol...

There was likely some last minute changes before the game went live which caused the shaders and AO to bug out and not work. Yes, it should be been caught before the game shipped, but these things happen sometimes. I'm sure it will be fixed very soon.

Now, with that said, I'm not making excuses for the bad performance on some(most) PCs. The stuttering in this one video I saw was completely unacceptable. There's no way the game should have shipped in that state. Hopefully it's just some memory leak or streaming issue that gets resolved quick enough.

So they're claiming a GTX 660 can only get a somewhat stable 30 FPS with everything low and going one step further by lowering the resolution to 720p?

I admit I'm not super familiar with the conversion of console hardware to PC, but I thought your average GTX 660 rig should be able to at least handle a game with equivalent settings and performance to a PS4? This is making the big assumption of a competent PC version of course.

Ps4 is somewhere between 660-670, from memory.

dogen

Recommended is a 760. Which is slightly better than the GPU in the PS4.

Actually to clarify the 760 would generally perform better in games at it's release, but not necessarily in current games, especially if they're more tailored to gcn gpus.

So I've clocked about 2 hours in it now and I think I'm confident in my experience. First, my specs, 980ti OC'd an extra 300mhz, 4670k OC'd to 4.5ghz, 24gb ram, installed on SSD. I unlocked the framerate only and have all settings maxed on my 1080p TV. FPS overlays are not working but I do seem to get 60fps pretty consistently. I do get microstutters but not that bad. I haven't had the game lock up on me yet and driving around in the batmobile does produce stutters, but it seems to be more of a general framerate drop more than anything. Also worth noting, locking the game at 30fps, I still get microstutters but is actually much smoother than most other games at 30fps.

I don't think I'm getting it nearly as bad as everyone else and have definitely played worse ports (watch_dogs). I'll count myself as a lucky one. It is undeniable the missing effects though. I would like to play a PS4 version to compare directly. Maybe I'll redbox one over the weekend just to play with.

SlickVic

I think this where you might be going wrong.

I was just more curious what average performance is expected out of a 660 compared to console for a game that's actually competently coded on PC. The fact they think we should be grateful their minimum specs can run this at 720p is pretty amazing to me (not in a good way).

dogen

Wow, you guys are acting like they purposefully left out the rain shaders and AO lol...

There was likely some last minute changes before the game went live which caused the shaders and AO to bug out and not work. Yes, it should be been caught before the game shipped, but these things happen sometimes. I'm sure it will be fixed very soon.

Seriously lol.

It's a huge project worked on by hundreds of people split across 3-4 different companies, working day and night until the last minute. I bet everything will be mostly settled by the end of the week.

Top Bottom