• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman AK PC Perf Thread of DARKNESS, NO SETTINGS [30fps cap / intro removal in OP]

meanwhile on PS4

Aj6MwPK.gif

So this is how it feels to play an inferior version? Feels bad man. :(

Seriously lol.

It's a huge project worked on by hundreds of people split across 3-4 different companies, working day and night until the last minute. I bet everything will be mostly settled by the end of the week.

I would rather they delay the game then release this crap to Pc players. Players went out and dropped money on new video cards etc to play this. It is unacceptable in 2015 to release it like this and say oh well it will be figured out. Mortal Kombat x is still shit , so yeah I don't expect it to be fixed by the end of the week.

komorebi

Seriously lol.

It's a huge project worked on by hundreds of people split across 3-4 different companies, working day and night until the last minute. I bet everything will be mostly settled by the end of the week.

Are you even playing the game on PC? Have you been following this thread from beginning to end? We're more aware of the issues in this port than WB seems to be. That condescending post they just made is spitting in the face of PC gamers. Don't pop in to defend whats happening if you don't understand it.

Ugh..This is fucking annoying. Wanted the full PC experience before getting the PS4 platinum. I don't want to give WB money but I've been waiting years for this fucking game. Can't get refund on buying a steam code nor my GMG season pass.

I don't mind playing at a smooth 30fps with everything maxed but the texture problem is just too much. First and last time i go PC first unless theres reviews.

dex3108

Can someone in Europe please open a false advertising case against these motherfuckers.

PLEASE.

Nvidia works with debug code before release, now if developer f ups something there is big chance that Nvidia doesn't know before game is released. If effects were in their build they couldn't know that Iron Galaxy would f up release build. Missing features could be bug it happened to GTA too (missing POM after update or wind effects).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
LOL. So they are saying you need a GTX 970 in your PC to perform as well as a Xbox One.
What a joke of a developer.

dogen

Are you even playing the game on PC? Have you been following this thread from beginning to end? We're more aware of the issues in this port than WB seems to be. That condescending post they just made is spitting in the face of PC gamers. Don't pop in to defend whats happening if you don't understand it.

I can understand english just fine. I just think people need to calm down.

I mean, wanting filing a lawsuit for a rain effect that was disabled by accident?

wowee

I would rather they delay the game then release this crap to Pc players. Players went out and dropped money on new video cards etc to play this. It is unacceptable in 2015 to release it like this and say oh well it will be figured out. Mortal Kombat x is still shit , so yeah I don't expect it to be fixed by the end of the week.

That would be optimal, but I doubt warner brothers left any wiggle room on the release date.

Seriously lol.

I don't give a shit. Especially in light of the fact they've released promotional footage showing the effects in place for PC, this should not be something the consumer has to worry about at all.

MBison

I mean, wanting filing a lawsuit for a rain effect that was disabled by accident?

wowee

If it was disabled by accident why hasn't someone figured out how to turn it on?

Mechazawa

So, thinking this all over, this might actually legitimately be the worst major PC port since Saints Row 2. I can't remember the last time a PC game was shipped so incredibly broken purely from a performance/missing graphical effects standpoint.

I'm also sitting here wondering what to reasonably expect in terms of performance gains that doesn't involve WB making the biggest face save of all time and basically rebuilding the PC port from scratch and telling everyone to redownload the game.

GHG

wowee

Here come the apologists.

Fuck it I'm out.

"by accident". Wowee indeed.

So, thinking this all over, this might actually legitimately be the worst major PC port since Saints Row 2. I can't remember the last time a PC game was shipped so incredibly broken purely from a performance/missing graphical effects standpoint.

I'm also sitting here wondering what to reasonably expect in terms of performance gains that doesn't involve WB making the biggest face save of all time and basically rebuilding the PC port from scratch and telling everyone to redownload the game.

MKX was completely borked, from what I heard. It was also a WB game, which is probably not a coincidence in hindsight. IIRC at it's lowest point, an official patch from the developer made everyone redownload the entire game... and then they undid the patch and everyone got to redownlaod it again.

Yeah.

Tabasco

Someone told me that after AMD released a beta driver that the game is running fine for him at a stable 30 fps.

Not sure what other AMD gpu users are dealing with.

Tainted

AC:U comes to mind...that game caused a stir when it was released.

dogen

I don't give a shit. Especially in light of the fact they've released promotional footage showing the effects in place for PC, this should not be something the consumer has to worry about at all.

I didn't say it's fine or anything. Obviously some people somewhere in WBs layers of bureaucracy made some poor decisions. I just think people are overreacting. Just my opinion though.

Corpekata

Banned
ACU was a better port.

This is really more on par with barebones shitty Japanese ports like Dark Souls than legendary stuff like Saints Row 2.

Wavebossa

Used Nvidia inspector, enabled SLI profile in drivers for Arkham Knight (yes its already in there if you have the latest drivers that came out June 22nd)

i4770k
2x 770GTX sli 2GB
1920x1080
Gameworks off
Shadows and detail high
Texture normal

45~65fps during play now.
30~45 during batmobile scenes
full 2GB of vram is being used on both cards

I think this is my issue, the vram usage. I'm not sure there is anything I can do to alleviate this but i'm sure if these were 4gb cards, I would be getting a more solid framerate.

currently moving the game over to my SSD to see if I can any performance boost out of that (loading textures etc)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Just played some of my roommate's PS4 version. It definitely seems cleaner looking and obviously performs smoother than my PC copy.

Mechazawa

MKX was completely borked, from what I heard. It was also a WB game, which is probably not a coincidence in hindsight.

I owned Mortal Kombat at launch. It was bad, and bizarrely still has issues, but I don't think that game was anywhere near close in terms of just straight up running poorly. Even with all it's crashes.

Seriously lol.

Nobody will lift a finger when they are not getting paid to do so. I bet they write an e-mail to the port studio requesting them to check the code for bugs, they write back with "How much?" and the last e-mail is "kthxbye".

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Yes. Nvidia needs to be raked across the coals for this right alongside WB. Fucking inexcusable.

so you guys saying that Nvidia stole the code, made a super duper awesome port just for that one video then hide it away from poor people at Iron Galaxy and Rocksteady was just okaying this... yeah no.

I know people love to hate on Nvidia, but I honestly don't think Nvidia will do that since they don't port games, and this port that not only lack AO but other basic features that are in the console version, so something clearly happened with Iron Galaxy and the final build of the port.

SlickVic

I owned Mortal Kombat at launch. It was bad, and bizarrely still has issues, but I don't think that game was anywhere near close in terms of just straight up running poorly.

Yeah on my system MKX is perfectly fine as an offline fighter. There certainly were bad issues with it (game not working at launch, patch deleting saves, poor framerate on some stages, online play which is still an issue) but playing the game solo offline I don't have any issues with it now. Compared to Arkham Knight it's a dream.

Salsa

Yeah on my system MKX is perfectly fine as an offline fighter. There certainly were bad issues with it (game not working at launch, patch deleting saves, poor framerate on some stages, online play which is still an issue) but playing the game solo offline I don't have any issues with it now.

development of the PC version changed from High Voltage to QLOC (the latter did the amazing DmC port, between other things) after release

they literally hired another team to FIX the broken PC version and somehow didnt learn from that shit for this time around

I owned Mortal Kombat at launch. It was bad, and bizarrely still has issues, but I don't think that game was anywhere near close in terms of just straight up running poorly. Even with all it's crashes.

Yeah on my system MKX is perfectly fine as an offline fighter. There certainly were bad issues with it (game not working at launch, patch deleting saves, poor framerate on some stages, online play which is still an issue) but playing the game solo offline I don't have any issues with it now. Compared to Arkham Knight it's a dream.

Good points. The glaring issues jumped out at me more, so my bad.

Still, there's time for Arkham Knight to join MKX in the land of bad patches.

MattyG

Banned
Damn QA, how does it work?
Yeah, but there's like, multimillions of lines of code. You can't expect them to like, make sure all of that is working though. What do you think that is, their job or something?

They just accidentally forgot to push the "AO and rain" button, that's all.

DERKADER

Neo Member
I wonder how this will affect the SteamOS, Linux and Mac version. Wasn't there also a rumor about a DX12 update for the game.

GHG

Bugs in multi million line codebases, what are you talking about?

"Bugs" that meant AO is disabled and there is no mention of it in the ini file.

"Bugs" that meant the rain shader is disabled on all surfaces, again with no mention of it in any ini file or menu option.

"Bugs" that mean the game is locked to 30fps despite the benchmark running at higher frame rates.

"Bugs" that's cause memory leaks everywhere.

"Bugs that mean the maximum texture option is normal.

"Bugs" that prevent people from disabling CA, Film grain and motion blur in the menus.

"Bugs" that cause textures to not (sometimes never) load in properly.

"Bugs" which cause the game to be a jaggy fest no matter what resolution you downsample from.

"Bugs" that are causing the game to stutter and hitch all over the place.

Need I go on?

I assume that these "bugs" you speak of are the same ones that caused you to come into this thread without knowing what the fuck you are talking about?

So let's get this straight. Do you guys feel the purposefully left out AO and rain shaders in the game?

Do you HONESTLY think Nvidia posted some video showing the effects, then they later decided to remove the effects cause 'fuck PC gamers' ? Do Nvidia/Rocksteady really deserve to has a lawsuit filed against them for false advertising when said things are likely a bug?

I agree that the game should have been tested more, and these issues should not have happened.. but insinuating that they blatantly flat out lied about it and false advertised is pretty far reaching imo. If they make a statement saying the game has all intended effects... then it would be false advertising.

Why would I need to play it? I've seen videos. I know that nvidia showed footage with rain effects that aren't working on the pc release right now.

I know all the issues. What difference would playing make?

Yeah lol. I already corrected myself. You don't have to tell me something that you know I already knew.

The most telling thing is, in Rocksteady/WB's first response they don't acknowledge it as a problem. They simply say, "hey guys try changing the settings." They make note of the performance issues "some people" have, but nothing else. This means that they don't see missing graphical effects or the 30 FPS cap (in spite of a 60 fps benchmark) as an issue.

There really is no defending what happened. You don't need to play the PC version to see the truth in this.

"Bugs" that meant AO is disabled and there is no mention of it in the ini file.

"Bugs" that meant the rain shader is disabled on all surfaces, again with no mention of it in any ini file or menu option.

"Bugs" that mean the game is locked to 30fps despite the benchmark running at higher frame rates.

"Bugs" that's cause memory leaks everywhere.

"Bugs that mean the maximum texture option is normal.

"Bugs" that prevent people from disabling CA, Film grain and motion blur in the menus.

"Bugs" that cause textures to not (sometimes never) load in properly.

"Bugs" which cause the game to be a jaggy fest no matter what resolution you downsample from.

"Bugs" that are causing the game to stutter and hitch all over the place.

Need I go on?

I assume that these "bugs" you speak of are the same ones that caused you to come into this thread without knowing what the fuck you are talking about?

So much wrong with this post... my god LOL

This is a first: I'm getting nostalgic for Arkham Origins. HBAO+! Multiple AA options! More than three graphics options!

And to think people thought that was a shit port.

theeraser

The most telling thing is, in Rocksteady/WB's first response they don't acknowledge it as a problem. They simply say, "hey guys try changing the settings." They make note of the performance issues "some people" have, but nothing else. This means that they don't see missing graphical effects or the 30 FPS cap (in spite of a 60 fps benchmark) as an issue.

There really is no defending what happened. You don't need to play the PC version to see the truth in this.
What? It says right in there that they're working on a solution and the whole "changing the settings" thing is meant as a temporary fix.

The things you mentioned are pretty clearly meant to fit under the umbrella of performance issues.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp.

It'll be worth it right? Right?

The disc installer is busted; it only installs 8GB of the game in total. I suspect this is related to Steam's cache verification feature causing the game to delete itself and that some sort of over-protective function of Denuvo is to blame.

Top Bottom