• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

0racle

Guys, you dont realize how pivotal of a time this is

This vs COD is what will shape the next few years of FPS shooters depending on what succeeds.

This is a turning point similar to when WW2 shooters saturated the market and we needed a change. Exciting times ahead !

I'm somewhat interested in a WW1 game but unsure if DICE would be the developers I'd task with it. Maybe don't make a WW1 game, maybe that's not a good idea. How would you recapture that era of warfare in your game that needs to sell 10 million copies? You don't. So why even go WW1 then? I guess they will just have Horses for vehicles and early automobiles. Planes were shit, early tanks were worse, no helicopters. I dunno if its a good idea but its an interesting one and a huge gamble and that alone makes me interested.

MadSol

Unconfirmed Member
Can't work while I have this huge erection!!!!
Wasn't sure how they would pull off all the variety from WWI but looks super promising, happy to be moving away from the future.

Really curious to see how they'll handle weapon customization.

I dont think they can have any, right? Its not like guns in WW1 were customized with forward grips and laser sights.

Unless there is something else I think this pretty much confirms that it wont have the absolutely stupid amount of unlocks that BF4 has....which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Amazon page http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F9HMO84/?tag=neogaf0e-20

• Battlefield 1 Early Enlister Deluxe Edition includes the Red Baron Pack and the Lawrence of Arabia Pack - containing themed weapons, vehicles and items. Plus five Battlepacks containing combinations of items. Also exchanges the visual appearance on three of the largest vehicles in the game. This Early Enlister edition allows you to play Battlefield 1 three days earlier starting from October 18.
  • Epic 64-Player Multiplayer Battles - Squad up with your friends and join in the most epic multiplayer battles in FPS history with up to 64 players fighting as infantry or piloting vehicles ranging from tanks and bikes on the ground to biplanes and gigantic battleships.
  • Experience the Dawn of All-out War - Be a part of the greatest battles ever known to man. From the heavily defended Alps to the scorching deserts of Arabia, war is raging on an epic scale on land, air and sea as you witness the birth of modern warfare.
  • Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small, and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you're fighting can be blasted apart.
  • War Stories from the Far Edges of the World - Discover a world at war through an adventure-filled campaign that captures the variety of a global conflict through the eyes of several different characters all united by this first modern war.

Ozorov

"If you're eager to go hands-on with Battlefield 1 you won't have to wait too long. During the EA Play events on June 12 in Los Angeles and London, we'll reveal the first gameplay footage and let attendees try the game for themselves."

Not the setting I wanted for the next BF game by any stretch. Trailer looked cool as all BF trailers do.

Need more gameplay before deciding if I'm in or not.

Also..people are legitmately worried about graphics on a DICE game? I'm more worried that I'll be forced to upgrade my rig.

Omni

That... was awesome. I'm actually excited. Wow.

Why are people commenting on the engine or visuals of a CGI trailer?

image.php

AlexBasch

The Harlem Hellfighters? Wasn't that a squad composed of African Americans soldiers and Puerto Ricans, or am I getting those mixed up?

I'm in. Completely. Damn.

I was under the impression that GAF would completely hate the living shit out of this, for some reason, haha.

Sarobi

Banned
Looks good. I need to see some gameplay footage, but I'm down for WW1. I'm really tired of future warfare, and really wanted a WWII game, but if this selling well means we'll eventually get one.. I'll buy it twice (if it's decent)

udivision

That's not what Battlefield is.. at all. Why would they reinvent a formula that has worked for the franchise for so long?

I'm not saying Zelda should turn into Dark Souls but Zelda should turn into Dark Souls because Zelda hasn't tried being Dark Souls yet and I'd like to finally see Zelda: But As Dark Souls.

Surfinn

"Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small, and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you're fighting can be blasted apart."

Wow.

T.O.P

Banned
"Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small, and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you're fighting can be blasted apart."

Wow.

nghhh

xRaizen

I don't get the hype. I'm not hyped at all from the trailer.. trench warfare sounds utterly boring. And if they divert from that, it makes the point of WW1 void since they're not depicting it very well. Guess I'm sticking to CoD this year.

Oh well. Hope the next BF isn't like this.

The Harlem Hellfighters? Wasn't that a squad composed of African Americans soldiers and Puerto Ricans, or am I getting those mixed up?

I'm in. Completely. Damn.

I was under the impression that GAF would completely hate the living shit out of this, for some reason, haha.

The Harlem Hellfighters were an African-American infantry unit in WWI who spent more time in combat than any other American unit. Despite their courage, sacrifice and dedication to their country, they returned home to face racism and segregation from their fellow countrymen.

Yea. . I better see some dark skin characters.

Edit: Looking at the picture the guy seems to be African-American, go DICE!

biteren

Wow.

just like Bad company baby!

Mugenjin

I'm genuinely excited. About time someone stopped with the modern/future settings. I still can't believe they're actually going with the WW1 setting.

jett

D-Member
Something more akin to a first person This War of Mine atmosphere for a WWI game. Grueling day to day survival, sneaking out at night to clear barb wire, getting to know your trench mates, hopeless charges, etc.

That would be great.

That's also something that DICE would never make. :p

Keasar

I have some bloody issues.

A: What the fuck is with FPS marketing departments and choosing music for their reveal trailers? You have a perfectly good theme that would convey the feeling of Battlefield, start there, throw in more orchestral instruments ala. the early 1900's and go fucking ballers.

B: For all the piss they took on the Call of Duty trailer, almost all they showed was pre-rendered/free-cam shit. One measly second of gameplay, even Call of Duty:IW had more.

C: The dude at front just said "it sounds silly to bring in more Battlefield into the Battlefield campaign". No, it sounds fucking reasonable and something you should have thought of 3 games ago! Even had that (sort of) all the way back in BFBC1.

Dude said in-game. I could swear he did. Not that I believe that for a sec.

No, he said in-engine.

The idea of WW1 trench warfare and biplane fights in dat Frostbite engine had me like:

latest

Then I remembered the awfulness of EA and the last few entires of Hardline and Star Wars Battlefront and I was like:

CautiousGroundedIrishwaterspaniel.gif

So cautious optimism,... Make that curious pessimism but will probably just wait for reviews and some kinks in the online to be worked out in the opening week.

G_Berry

Banned

Wow.
Hhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg!!!!!!!!!! This is the BF I've always dreamed of!!!!!

Do some wiki research people. Battle of verdun??? The Somme????? OMFG!

Skux

I'm impressed. WWI opens up some crazy possibilities. Cavalry charges, zeppelin bombing runs, biplane dogfighting, trench warfare, flamethrowers...

Seven Nation Army is pretty much the perfect song choice.

Top Bottom