• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

DNAbro

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01F80SXRI/812463-20/

Special edition up on amazon, $220 lol

ChzPU6sUoAELpy3.jpg

Doctre81

Looks good but from that I saw about a few seconds of actual in game footage.

Which is this.
AnotherIgnorantBlacknorwegianelkhound.gif

Still looks great though.

.shin

Banned
the #teamcgi people in this thread are reminding me of the months and months of Battlefront graphics disbelievers lmao

Scotia

Banned
More info

War Stories from the Far Edges of the World - Discover a world at war through an adventure-filled campaign that captures the variety of a global conflict through the eyes of several different characters all united by this first, modern war.

Awesome! So glad we're seeing multiple aspects of WW1 from different perspectives.

Loxley

I don't get the hype. I'm not hyped at all from the trailer.. trench warfare sounds utterly boring. And if they divert from that, it makes the point of WW1 void since they're not depicting it very well. Guess I'm sticking to CoD this year.

Oh well. Hope the next BF isn't like this.

Not literally every battle in WW1 was fought in the trenches.

Sharpeye

WW1 was nuts man.

It was such a mish mash of old and new technologies and weapons, it must have been terrifying. Imagine today if you are fighting in a war and all of a sudden mech suits and orbital cannons started being used and all you have is a Humvee.

Here's some further details:

- Epic 64-Player Multiplayer Battles - Team up with your friends and join in the most epic multiplayer battles in FPS history with up to 64 players fighting as infantry or piloting vehicles ranging from tanks and bikes on the ground to biplanes and gigantic battleships.
- Experience the Dawn of All-out War – Be a part of the greatest battles ever known to man. From the heavily defended Alps to the scorching deserts of Arabia, war is raging on an epic scale on land, air and sea as you witness the birth of modern warfare
- Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction, no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you’re fighting can be blasted apart.
- War Stories from the Far Edges of the World - Discover a world at war through an adventure-filled campaign that captures the variety of a global conflict through the eyes of several different characters all united by this first, modern war.

Pre-ordering Battlefield 1 will get you the Battlefield 1 Hellfighter Pack containing themed items inspired by the heroic Harlem Hellfighter infantry regiment. This also includes 7 days early access to a map released later in 2016.

The Harlem Hellfighters was one of the toughest infantry regiments in the Great War.

This pack contains unique unlocks inspired by their heroic deeds.

- Hellfighter Trench Shotgun – Combat battered shotgun, etched with the Hellfighter insignia and “Men of Bronze” on the receiver and the unit number 369th on the barrel along with the carving “Go Forward or Die France 1918” on the wooden stock
- Hellfighter M1911 – Reliable and timeless sidearm still used in action today affectionately called "old slabsides", etched with the Hellfighter insignia on the breech and "Men of Bronze" on the muzzle.
- Hellfighter Bolo Knife – Fearsome blade etched with the Hellfighter regiment number 369ththat makes your enemy feel homesick at first sight.
- Hellfighter Insignia – Wear this emblem to show your belonging to the elite Hellfighter unit and-in-still fear on the Battlefield.

Battlefield 1 will be available from Oct 21st, 2016 on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

so I am assuming FREE maps are coming and they will do these customization packs instead.

_woLf

I am so bummed out about the marketing style for this game.

I was hoping it would stray away from the grey and bright orange nonsense - we got exactly that with a weird bloomy logo. I was hoping we'd get a nice theme that isn't dubstep - not only did we not get a BF theme, we got a dubstep cover of a song that has been used in EVERYTHING.

Maaaaaaaaaan.

At least the game sounds fun. I'm 100% convinced that trailer was not in game and am not holding my breath for the game to look that good. But Ottoman Empire in my battlefields sounds very exciting.

Geist-

Damn, first time in a while I've truly been excited for another military shooter. DICE did an amazing job making WW1 look more exciting than WW2.

Wagram

Now that has impressive technology, unlike the other one. I'm not buying either, but this would be the one I would buy.

Yonafunu

Where's the gameplay tho? A trailer with no gameplay is useless to me.

I look forward to the day DICE decides to put some actual colour in Battlefield again. The graphical effects and stuff isn't cutting it anymore. This just looks boring.

nOoblet16

Guys, you dont realize how pivotal of a time this is

This vs COD is what will shape the next few years of FPS shooters depending on what succeeds.

This is a turning point similar to when WW2 shooters saturated the market and we needed a change. Exciting times ahead !

Yep this, although I wish someone would have gone full on far future space warfare with colonies and FTL ships before we came here though. DICE once said they won't do BF2143 because straying away from modern shooters and real guns would be bad but they had a VERY good opportunity to release BF2143 when the near future stuff picked up, but now it's probably not happening.

Also I don't know why people think futuristic stuff is saturated now, none of the BF games ever went future or even near future and when it comes to COD we only 3 games with that i.e. BO2, AW (both near future) and BO3 (a bit further ahead in the future). Ghosts eventhough set in near future was quite old school with its stuff due to its setting.

the #teamcgi people in this thread are reminding me of the months and months of Battlefront graphics disbelievers lmao

Theres a difference between a trailer saying "in-engine" and actual gameplay. Just because its engine doesnt mean thats how itll look on consoles or even PC.

ethomaz

Banned
Watched trailer.

The White Stripes music is god like but everything else meh.

I wish they do a better job with this game than previous.

Scotia

Banned
I don't get the hype. I'm not hyped at all from the trailer.. trench warfare sounds utterly boring. And if they divert from that, it makes the point of WW1 void since they're not depicting it very well. Guess I'm sticking to CoD this year.

Oh well. Hope the next BF isn't like this.

Actually go read up on stuff before you complain about it.

Not all of WW1 was in trenches.

Charcoal

From the Amazon page:

Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small, and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you're fighting can be blasted apart.

TaterTots

Banned
I usually do not care for Battlefield, but this has peaked my interest. It's actually refreshing for them to go back instead of forward.

Top Bottom