• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Reveal Trailer, PC/PS4/XB1, Oct 21st [Up2: Screens, Info, Open Beta]

Scotia

Banned
713BeGNIS4L._SL1000_.jpg

Looks like we'll play as the Harlem Hellfighters in the campaign then if they're pushing this guy.

Hype is through the roof.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So they have three cosmetic/gear packs listed, and one of them lists that it comes with early access to a map.

I think they're not selling map packs?

Daeda

Great to finally see a WWI setting in a game, but hearing DICE talk, I get the feeling they are not exactly interested in depicting what essentially was the most horrific war in modern history. I heard them say the words cool and awesome a lot, and sure that is important for a MP game, but some actual perspective would be refreshing.

- Earth-shattering Intuitive Destruction - With intuitive destruction no battle is ever the same. Destroy vehicles big and small, and demolish entire buildings. From tiny wooden houses to massive stone forts, even the grounds on which you're fighting can be blasted apart.

Destruction coming back in a big way? YES!

demolitio

The fact that battleships are back has me excited. Hopefully this will be a full reboot for the series and we'll go up in time from here for full naval combat in a WWII game.

BF belongs in historical settings so this is great news to me no matter how many liberties they obviously will have to take.

Skux

Theres a difference between a trailer saying "in-engine" and actual gameplay. Just because its engine doesnt mean thats how itll look on consoles or even PC.

Star Wars Battlefront is living proof that DICE and the Frostbite Engine can pull it off. Game looks amazing and runs surprisingly well even on older hardware.

In case GAF skimmed over it:

- Epic 64-Player Multiplayer Battles - Squad up with your friends and join in the most epic multiplayer battles in FPS history with up to 64 players fighting as infantry or piloting vehicles ranging from tanks and bikes on the ground to biplanes and gigantic battleships.

I can't wait to play this...!

-
-
-
-
...4 months after launch when they patch all the bugs and server problems!

I know you, DICE. I KNOW YOU.

rashbeep

Banned
Lol white stripes for a WW1 shooter?

Assuming IQ is the difference in the retail game, the visuals are mindblowing. I do wish they got rid of that colour grading nonsense though, Battlefront's use of colour was refreshing from DICE.

So they have three cosmetic/gear packs listed, and one of them lists that it comes with early access to a map.

I think they're not selling map packs?

That would be great. Has there been any mention of premium? I quickly scanned/ctrl-f'ed the Amazon listing and I saw no mention.

In case GAF skimmed over it:

That vehicle list is just like reading off my dream wish list for this game. I saw a horses too. Amazing.

Mathezar

Well, this event was rather lame. To me it was hyped up to be something more than just a showing of a trailer. I lost count at the amount of times I've heard the word "experience".

I having said that, the trailer itself was good, and I'm just greatful it's not some weird alternate/future/space setting, although I remain reserved until I see some actual gameplay.

SuperSah

Banned
Okay so.

1) This shits all over CoD for me, I simply love the game's theme.

2) Boxart is rad and finally a black male on the front of it, hoorah!

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Great to finally see a WWI setting in a game, but hearing DICE talk, I get the feeling they are not exactly interested in depicting what essentially was the most horrific war in modern history. I heard them say the words cool and awesome a lot, and sure that is important for a MP game, but some actual perspective would be refreshing.

This is why I'm keeping my expectations low. I think it'll play like a WW2 shooter with a WW1 skin.

SA007

Banned
At least the trailer was better than infinite warfare. Then again from the trailer it looks like its a combination of some enhanced cod games packed inside a WW era.

Theorry

"Please no WW1. Boring trenchwar"

Experience the dawn of all-out war in Battlefield 1. Fight your way through epic battles ranging from tight urban combat in a besieged French city to the heavily defended mountain forts in the Italian Alps or frantic combats in the deserts of Arabia. Discover a new world at war through an adventure-filled campaign, or join in epic multiplayer battles with up to 64 players, and adapt your tactics to the earth-shattering environments and destruction. Fight as infantry or take control of amazing vehicles on land, air and sea, from the tanks and bikes on the ground, to biplanes and gigantic battleships, and adapt your gameplay to the most dynamic battles in Battlefield history

Akronis

Funny cause I am the complete opposite. Except I want it to feel more like Battlefield 2 than anything else...

Yes. This. Please bring back actual classic Battlefield 2 gameplay.

and please try not to splinter the community with 4000 different content/map packs...

ISOM

I don't think making people depressed is how you sell games even if the topic of the game is a horrendous historical event. They could have just not made the game and that would have given enough respect to it.

Top Bottom