• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best game to show a first date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPoole

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

No. She sounds like a typical teen to early 20s female. Your best course of action is to not even show her any games. I strongly doubt she cares how much games have come since SMW.

Ouroboros

Dude...from one bro to another don't force the gaming thing. It can be a total turn off for a girl. I'd wait until a few dates in. Just show off your puppy. Play it safe.

Trine 2. You can play coop with her. It's a really fun and beautiful game.

Also, maybe not for the first date. Go out for a walk by the river and some ice cream.

BokehKing

Banned
Best advice I would say, when it's eventually time to bring her over your house (not the first night) you watch a movie on netflix, through your gaming system.

I think this guy is on to something.

Trojan horse that shit, OP.
It's the only way to do it, play it off casually, hey who knows, maybe OP may actually cut back on your video game time some, because believe it or not

Women > video games

When she loves you, she won't care what you do, just don't forget to pay attention to her.

Sentenza

I suspect OP is trolling.
Yeah, I came to the same conclusion: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=131991032&postcount=182

I mean: admitting online dating, pretending to be clueless about the puppy thing, describing her gaming history pretending to not understand that she's not into gaming at all, claiming it's "the perfect circumstance to prove her how far gaming has come".
It's too much. He's probably fooling around with people and enjoying the reactions.

a.wd

I don't care if it's a troll thread, I'm laughing my arse off and the wife is chuckling at how bizarre we are.

Iorv3th

She plays Candy Crush Saga and Words with Friends on her iPhone, and she said she liked Super Mario World back in the day, so it looks like she´s kind of a gamer.

While I have her there, it´s probably the perfect opportunity to show her how far gaming has come since Super Mario World.

I have no idea how you got that she is interested in games becuase she plays candy crush and words with friends. So you want to bring her back to your place to show her games on your first date?

If you do decide to bring her back to your apartment, let her find it and start asking questions about them or something. Also stay away from competitive games unless it's something like wii sports resort.

Qasiel

If this is in any way serious (doubtful) just play a game you need a co-op trophy/achievement for.

It may end up being the only thing that "pops" that night.

kingwingin

Please dont... the last thing she wants is to watch you play videogames at the end of a night. She won't be able to appreciate gaming in a short amount of time and will more than likely be turned off from you.

Down play your gaming and slowly bring it up over the next few months.

Bro please don't show her your collection.

Everyone and their mother played Mario World and plays Candy Crush. Doesn't mean they're gamers.

FrsDvl

Just put them on display somewhere. If she's curious about them you'll find out. If she ignores them, well, be gladl you didn't ruin your date by showing her video games.

I hope you're trolling.

I don't know what you guys are on about. I showed multiple girls the beginning of Ori and the Blind Forest and after they got real sad after the prologue and them cuddling up to me, it always ended up with me having sex.

Mr. RPG

Yeah, I don't think this guy's trolling, but honestly I think this is beneficial to him however. No one here is blatantly abusing any one else.

I think that everyone here is indicating that just because she's a woman, she wants to get laid and isn't interested in doing anything else. lol

We had a thread suggesting to drop nuclear bombs on the ISIS area and a thread asking, what is so wrong about wishing to live a virtual life.

Welcome to weekend Gaf.

i0SYOnrO33QHs.gif

I think that everyone here is indicating that just because she's a woman, she wants to get laid and isn't interested in doing anything else. lol
It's not even that entirely, it's the idea of forcing a hobby on someone who may not even enjoy games much. A lot of the other reccomendations, like a movie fit much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom