• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biker gang shoot out in Waco, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw this I thought "Again??? What do bikers like about Waco TX"

Also it's almost telling that the defense attorneys didn't even attempt to suggest that their clients weren't guilty of a crime. Just goes to show how little the prosecutors cared about them.

I have a feeling a double standard is afoot

Lol It's like the BCT bat signal went up.

I expected no other outcome from this situation, they were exercising their rights as God fearing citizens of the US by having a shoot out. Charging them would be unconstitutional.

Bleepey

It makes Sutter's idiocy look plausible.

Goddamn.

haha

5lSDryK.jpg

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Bet a lot of these dudes are part of larger investigations, or there are informants in their midst that higher ups want to protect.

OR... there are too many guns, and too many bullets to conceivably charge someone. If you can't tell amongst dozens of people who shot who, you'll never satisfy the "beyond a reasonable doubt" aspect that the courts require.

Skin color, their connections (because they are organized crime), and the sheer chaos of the evidence led to no charges. If you can't say with almost certainty who shot who you're going to have a hard time in court. Being there probably means nothing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bet a lot of these dudes are part of larger investigations, or there are informants in their midst that higher ups want to protect.

OR... there are too many guns, and too many bullets to conceivably charge someone. If you can't tell amongst dozens of people who shot who, you'll never satisfy the "beyond a reasonable doubt" aspect that the courts require.

This is what I'm thinking. A gigantic sequel to Murder on the Orient Express. Murder at the Twin Peaks.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

OR...there was evidence that showed the cops did all the killing so it was best to wrap it up.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It simply says they modified their pre-trial release terms not to have to wear ankle monitors or stay in jail, not that no one will be charged.

Bleepey

What reference is this?

The Showrunner and creator of Sons of Anarchy is called Kurt Sutter:

In SOA it's not uncommon for each episode to have more people die than were killed by Spanish Flu. The show is ridiculously violent and feel feel the body count and how often the gangs get away with their shennanigans is unrealistic. 9 people killed in a shootout is not uncommon in SOA.

None have been charged 'yet'

Prosecutors did not return messages from the newspaper seeking comment. But defense attorneys suggested the district attorney’s office eventually plans to dismiss charges against at least some defendants.

Magni

Investigators have not yet offered details about who shot whom or whether police officers fatally shot anyone, though reports reviewed by The Associated Press indicate police bullets did hit at least one biker.

In a shootout between criminals and law enforcement, isn't this the one case where you want police bullets to hit someone?

Kama_1082

Banned
I don't blame them for charging anyone with murder. It would be a waste of tax payers money to actually prove that one of the charged actually pulled the trigger and kill said person. Everyone would walk.

It makes Sutter's idiocy look plausible.

Goddamn.

Who knew that SOA was based on real life events. Now I know towns that feature bikers are wholly crooked places, fuck.

These fucking people in Texas:

so the dead bikers had waco police bullets in them? and it was a set up? thanks for the autopsy report so timely and obvious cover up!

2 days ago
The only organized criminals here those that are involved with the WACO goon squad and the town's good ole boy network, opps legal/justice system...

9 people died and no one can be held accountable. What an amazing state.

I don't blame them for charging anyone with murder. It would be a waste of tax payers money to actually prove that one of the charged actually pulled the trigger and kill said person. Everyone would walk.

Seriously, in a shootout that big, with 170 people arrested, how on earth are you going to find anyone guilty for murder? There'll be enough reasonable doubt for everyone. And just because they haven't been charged with the killings, doesn't mean they haven't been charged with other crimes.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I imagine there's no charges because it's difficult to pinpoint who was actually doing the shooting?

I'm normally ready to shout double standards in the justice system, but maybe they can't get them with murder, but will get them on something else.

SoA was right. Sutter redeemed?

Zoe

Seriously, in a shootout that big, with 170 people arrested, how on earth are you going to find anyone guilty for murder? There'll be enough reasonable doubt for everyone. And just because they haven't been charged with the killings, doesn't mean they haven't been charged with other crimes.

This. And the article does mention that they've all been charged with "engaging in organized criminal activity".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom