• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea |OT| Episode One

Can we discuss the ending? Because . . .

Elizabeth is extremely angry in this. I love it! You could tell from the start that there was a problem when she refused to call Comstock/Booker booker

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Lizzy's tits are huge.

Anyone else on PC having performance problems? I'm getting random patches of slow down just walking around as well as the sound going incredibly weird/tinny.

TimeInc

Any one know if this is up in the UK PS Store?

Edit: also good to see that people seem to be getting a little more milage out of it than the reviewers suggested.

Simzyy

Anyone else on PC having performance problems? I'm getting random patches of slow down just walking around as well as the sound going incredibly weird/tinny.

I was getting the slow down but no sound problems. Changed the settings to High and no problems so far. Though one of the locks I told Elizabeth to open bugged so had to reload.

Started at 1:50, finished up at 3:33 on medium. Had an enjoyable time with it, will definitely go back to clean up on achievements and explore a bit more.
About the ending,
I'm not sure how I feel. I mean, why wait? Could she not have taken him out at any point? What about that random stealth big daddy? Are they not also just as guilty in the eyes of the Big Daddy?

Should I just download Chapter 1 for 15 bucks or download the Season Pass for 20? If I DL the Season Pass, do I get access to both chapters of Burial at Sea?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
lizzy12fo43.png

lizzy2caood.png

Lakitu

st5fu
The fuck? I just got a 'Failed to authorize disc' error after I inserted Bioshock Infinite in and the console proceeded to shut itself off.

The End

FYI, if you're on PC , get the season pass for $16 from GameFly using GFDNOV20, that's the cheapest I've found it so far.

Guys! Look at this trailer (the Burial at Sea Episode One Launch Trailer):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k6U2tE62goc

Than look at this one (the first trailer for Bioshock)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ymg2HzHF9-4

Do you notice anything? That guy from the first trailer is BOOKER!!!!

-same location
-same voice (well not voice but the sounds he makes when he's knocked down)
-same weapon (shotgun)
-same left hand
-same big daddy
-same clothes
-and the lost can go on

That's amazing! <3 :)

tumblr_m1tma2Pm561r60wo8.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
Just completed it and I'd say it's pretty similar to the original game. It has the same opening section with lifeless NPCs standing around waiting for you to come along so they can say a couple of lines. There's still barely any reason to explore besides money. Combat still isn't great although I did like that you have limited ammo and that there's slightly more focus on plasmids. Story is still the reason why I keep playing just like in the main game.

Debating whether or not to get this now or pick it up during a Steam sale later. After reading the RPS review, especially this part, it made me a bit wary as it was one of my main beefs with Infinite:

What folly then, to give us a tease of what Rapture, what Burial At Sea, what BioShock could be, of smartly-written gaming tasks in peacetime, and then… And then the lights go out, the entire world switches from celebration to chaos, and the change comes not from a New Year’s Eve revolt but by taking a glorified elevator to an adjacent building. Rapture’s fall, it turns out, was nothing more than a loading screen.

That is EXACTLY how I felt about the Infinite intro, one of the most glorious and beautifully paced intros in all of gaming, superb artistry and scripting, and then, copy paste ho hum run and gun with modest samplings of story sprinkled for the rest of the game. Aside from the Elizabeth intro and the ending, almost all of the rest of the game felt like an afterthought. As someone else pointed out in another thread, I feel like the stories these worlds want to tell are better suited for a different genre, either some kind of Western RPG in the vein of a Bioware, or an adventure not dissimilar to a Telltale experience. Just maintain that atmosphere! End rant.

Top Bottom