• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

bigmac996

No, not really. People were just being stupid about for like 20 pages or something.
Claims have confirmed many more weapons.

According to the spoiler thread - don't worry about the weapon count.

No, someone who played through the game and found
trickweapons and
secondary arms and hasn't got the trophy for collecting all weapons

and
armorsets

Phew. Alrighty. Thanks for the heads up!

Now I've got to bear a 2 week wait after release as I'm on a work trip for the next while. Almost tempted to buy a ps4 here just to play the game on release and make up some excuse to have 2 of them. Help me make an excuse!!!

Hypron

I think the word "masterpiece" is being bandied about. Not too shabby for a game with only 6 weapons....

And the spoiler thread actually enforces spoiler marks for everything but stats of starting classes so there's no too much danger of getting anything major spoiled (I still just barely skim it though).

Yes, really positive. You won't get spoiled. They use spoilertags for real spoilers.

Spoiler tags are being used exceptionally well in there.

Thanks guys, all that I needed to hear! I'll probably still steer away from the thread to keep my sanity and avoid any accidents (like someone mistyping their spoiler tags).

Not too shabby for a game with only 6 weapons....
meftV0q.gif

Shredderi

Phew. Alrighty. Thanks for the heads up!

Now I've got to bear a 2 week wait after release as I'm on a work trip for the next while. Almost tempted to buy a ps4 here just to play the game on release and make up some excuse to have 2 of them. Help me make an excuse!!!

The first PS4 you bought seemed lonely and you felt sorry for it, so you bought it a mate to play with ^_^

Gift it to someone when you get back.

Or you got it crazy cheap and will make money selling it or your old console. You lost the receipt somewhere, of course.

klee123

From was just bought not too long ago. I do not think they would be for sale. But in general, I think Sony should be snatching up some of these developers before they go all mobile over there... they could of bought Tri Ace!!!!ㅠㅠ

SCE is so incompetent when it comes to this.

You had Japanese dev houses which have developed many games on Sony platforms for the last 1-2 decades and what does Sony do? Let them get snatched up by third party publishers.

Instead you have SCE buying studios with questionable track records like Guerrilla games and you wonder what they fuck they are thinking.

Nintendo at least struck gold with the acquisition of Monolith Soft.

Rurunaki

SCE is so incompetent when it comes to this.

You had Japanese dev houses which have developed many games on Sony platforms for the last 1-2 decades and what does Sony do? Let them get snatched up by third party publishers.

Instead you have SCE buying studios with questionable track records like Guerrilla games and you wonder what they fuck they are thinking.

Nintendo at least struck gold with the acquisition of Monolith Soft.

There has been no threat of From Software abandoning the Playstation ecosystem. As dar we know, Kadokawa Games (company that bought From Software) already have at least 2
projects for the Playstation systems.

They are basically 2nd part devs at this point.

Spineker

Banned
Yoshichan, question:

Are you going to be so intricate in the method you play this game, that you would expect to kill the Cleric Beast on your first or second attempt? You'll probably have about 8 or 9 hours worth of game time before you even beat him.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
just a guy streaming the first area and fighting the first two bosses
Ok! The first two bosses are:

Cleric and the Umbasa-guy, right?

Am I mistaken? I would love to watch that... could someone PM me the link, that would be great.

Any updated news on 0racle and his opinions?

bobawesome

No, someone who played through the game and found
trickweapons and
secondary arms and hasn't got the trophy for collecting all weapons

and
armorsets

So happy to see that armor set number. Hopefully there's something I'll like. Not too impressed by the "cover" set.

Despera

Banned

Am I mistaken? I would love to watch that... could someone PM me the link, that would be great.

You really wanna spoil the game for yourself?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshichan, question:

Are you going to be so intricate in the method you play this game, that you would expect to kill the Cleric Beast on your first or second attempt? You'll probably have about 8 or 9 hours worth of game time before you even beat him.
I will do as I always tend to do on my first Souls playthroughs. I will try and find everything, scouring every inch of every possible place. Boss-wise, I will dance around them (and most likely die in the process - all according to plan) in order to learn all of the move-sets and understand their mechanics + their active hurt/hit-boxes during their attacks.

I especially did this in Dark Souls 2, where I purposely died multiple times on the same boss to make sure I got the technical details in full control so that I would destroy the boss later on in NG+++++++++++++.

yes and the guy playing the game was really good, but died on the second boss, then the stream got shut down

Yoshichan

You really wanna spoil the game for yourself?
About 4-5 months ago when the alpha was released, some guy discovered a way to glitch themselves into non-alpha-territories and he would eventually fight the second boss.

Most of us have already seen that, so for me, up until second boss is non-spoiler-content :)
yes and the guy playing the game was really good, but died on the second boss, then the stream got shut down
The ninjas got him, huh? :(

Mutombo

also apparently some shops around the world already started selling the game. There's a guy from Kuwait on reddit who got the retail version. Shop got a call from Sony though and he stopped selling.

Despera

Banned
About 4-5 months ago when the alpha was released, some guy discovered a way to glitch themselves into non-alpha-territories and he would eventually fight the second boss.

Most of us have already seen that, so for me, up until second boss is non-spoiler-content :)

The ninjas got him, huh? :(
All I've seen of the alpha is that gif of the giant cthulhu spider. Avoiding the alpha threads wasn't easy.

Every now and then I feel tempted to take a glimpse of the streams as they pop up... but the game is almost upon us and there's no point spoiling anything now.

Yoshichan

Anyone else planning on switching O with X because of the changed controls?

Yoshichan

I'm almost positive that they changed the controls so that X is now avoid (instead of O)

JLaetmW.png

If you've played Lords of the Fallen then you'll know how the 'change' feels.

Yoshichan

No, they haven't. I played the alpha.
What the f have I been smoking? I remember that they switched something crucial but now I'm unsure what it was... perhaps the hold-in-both-hands-button? (previously on triangle?)

What the f have I been smoking? I remember that they switched something crucial but now I'm unsure what it was... perhaps the hold-in-both-hands-button? (previously on triangle?)

Right, it's L1 to transform your weapons. I'm sure they did this so you can transform while aiming with the right stick, since transforming mid-combo acts as an attack.

triangle is now dedicated to healing and isn't the button for two handing. This is now L1 (weapon transformation)

Yoshichan

So I won't be able to simply use my Blood Vials with the square-button? Or can I only use it with triangle now?

Yeah my challenge to myself, like in Demons Souls, is to beat the first section without dying. I think I'm going to stream / video my entire first playthrough, deaths and all. Never been able to do that before so it will be cool.

Top Bottom