• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

You can do it!! If you want help there is always coop, I have a newer character that I can get on to help if you need it.

Thanks but I try to shy away from coop on my first run through (just for satisfactions sake). I just completed 3-1, doing 4-1 at the moment. Fantastic stuff so far. Going a dex build so I had the most trouble so far with the boss in 2-1.

I just noticed that wind effects arrows on 4-1. Blew my own mind.

AngryMoth

Interested to know if "normal" chalice dungeons and hand made or just stock procedurally generated ones.
I think Parting Shot is for the invaders/guests to return to their world. Like the Black crystal in the previous games.
Yes this makes much more sense.

Steel

Banned
9BFC4A5A28FA25B94FDBB2C851A9C58A92A88C2A

Just quoting for new page since no one seems to get the reference.

So if I'm reading this right, I can choose someone to play with if I wanted?

I don't want to co-op the entire game, but I'd like to play with my brother occasionally.

Thanks but I try to shy away from coop on my first run through (just for satisfactions sake). I just completed 3-1, doing 4-1 at the moment. Fantastic stuff so far. Going a dex build so I had the most trouble so far with the boss in 2-1.

I just noticed that wind effects arrows on 4-1. Blew my own mind.

Gotcha, such an amazing and great game, have fun!

"Players can create a "Watchword" of 8 characters that will allow them to co-op with only people who have the same Watchword. This does not work for PVP."

YESSSSsssssssssssssssssssss

God I am so glad I bit on purchasing a PS4 earlier this week. Will probably end up getting PS+ just to be able to use the online features for this as well. Cannot wait until the 24th!

Aces&Eights

Gotcha, such an amazing and great game, have fun!

I'm envious they get to play through it for a first time. I remember going into 4-1 for the first time and after beating the first few rolly polly skeletons and seeing that open area for the first time with the sky stingray things...hnng

GulAtiCa

It's a shame they made it so you had to have PS+ for any online stuff. Would have been fun if they made invasions work without PS+. Even make it so without PS+ you could be invaded but nothing else (like can't co-op or do invasions yourself)

Pejo

Love the sounds of all of this stuff. I hope Parting Shot is like a super long windup or big charge move. I could see the amazing meta game of hiding behind a corner, starting your "Parting Shot" move, only to have an invader pop around the corner and get blasted back into their own world. Would make some great YouTube material.

*Edit* also, if you started charging the shot at an invader, only to accidentally shoot your co-op partner back to his world, as he steps in front of you. Then you end up in a much worse situation. God I hope this is how it works....

tcrunch

Love the sounds of all of this stuff. I hope Parting Shot is like a super long windup or big charge move. I could see the amazing meta game of hiding behind a corner, starting your "Parting Shot" move, only to have an invader pop around the corner and get blasted back into their own world. Would make some great YouTube material.

The host using Parting Shot on an invader was a mistranslation, the correct one is the invader can use Parting Shot to go back to their own world.

GulAtiCa

The host using Parting Shot on an invader was a mistranslation, the correct one is the invader can use Parting Shot to go back to their own world.

I wonder if that is the case though. As in DKII you could use the Black Crystal to banish an invader I believe.

But I would prefer if you couldn't banish an invader.

GulAtiCa

The guest dying ends the co-op session for that guest. Why wouldn't it?

No no, for all guests. The way it was worded made me worried a guest dying would automatically banish any other guests that host tried to summon/etc.

But already been said was a mistranslation and not the case.

[*]PS+ is required for pvp/co-op, asynchronous features (notes/tombstones/phantoms), and sharing your Chalice Dungeon configuration.

:(

Not that it wasn't expected.

Hopefully there are decent NPC invasions. Just can't justify paying for online, even with PS+ deals.

I'm envious they get to play through it for a first time. I remember going into 4-1 for the first time and after beating the first few rolly polly skeletons and seeing that open area for the first time with the sky stingray things...hnng

For sure, one of the few moments in a game that sticks with me. Though I hate those rolly polly guys. I hope Bloodborne has that same impact and atmosphere.

Pejo

Oh, that's a lot less exciting. I was hoping for a high risk/high reward type move.

im sure its in details, but I can't figure it out. Can you play co-op with a friend throughout the entire story campaign, or is coop buried in a separate mode. Thanks in advanced for a reply ;)

im sure its in details, but I can't figure it out. Can you play co-op with a friend throughout the entire story campaign, or is coop buried in a separate mode. Thanks in advanced for a reply ;)
You summon someone and they stay with you until you beat the level's boss.

You can play the whole game in coop, but you can only summon people in areas where you haven't killed bosses yet, so you can't really play through the entire game in coop since there's some backtracking involved.

No ones mentioning how tense it will be anytime you do decide to co-op.

In the alpha when you rang the bell to pull someone in they'd spawn in from wherever they were in their world and would have to come and find you. The game also didng give an indication that theyd entered.

Now when the player wants to Co-op they ring the bell and a Bell Maiden appears somewhere in the world opening them up for invasions as well. If they want to not be invaded they have to find and kill her.

Now imagine ringing the bell to co-op and entering the pvp queue. Now its a race agaisnt the clock to find the bell maiden and kill her before youre invaded, or once invaded find and team up with your partner before the invader find either of you alone!

All the while you're exploring you wont know if someone is there in youre world ready to help or hurt you.

Straight into my veins baby.

In the alpha when you rang the bell to pull someone in they'd spawn in from wherever they were in their world and would have to come and find you. The game also didng give an indication that theyd entered.

Now when the player wants to Co-op they ring the bell and a Bell Maiden appears somewhere in the world opening them up for invasions as well. If they want to not be invaded they have to find and kill her.

Now imagine ringing the bell to co-op and entering the pvp queue. Now its a race agaisnt the clock to find the bell maiden and kill her before youre invaded, or once invaded find and team up with your partner before the invader find either of you alone!

All the while you're exploring you wont know if someone is there in youre world ready to help or hurt you.

So hardcore. So good.

Get good, or die tryin' !
*Shrug*
I know. But having zero ability at all to enjoy the game at my own pace stinks. And I say this as a fan of the series. This is, ironically, a handicap for PS+ members as non-members wouldn't be able to participate in this.

Manually disconnecting internet is going to be an option again it seems, but I still don't get why we can't have a menu selection for "no invasions". Perhaps you can enter a faux watchword.
If PVP isn't enforced then no one is going to play.

Just play offline if you don't want to be invaded.
I seriously question the "no one is going to play" statement. In fact, if forced PvP is the primary reason anyone participates in it, it prove that it's a detrimental game feature overall which is more often a pain in the ass than anything else. And yeah yeah, play offline.

I find the "handicap for PS+ members" to be silly (and INCREDIBLY minor! A matter of humor only). The series uses the autosave feature as a fundamental weapon against the player. So, hey, why not make sure players paying for PS+ have a tougher time, too? Seems fitting.

Edit: Not saying the multiplayer options and features don't sound badass as hell and I'm curious about them as well, but simply asking for an option. Nothing more, nothing less.

Players can create a "Watchword" of 8 characters that will allow them to co-op with only people who have the same Watchword. This does not work for PVP.

So we can (easily) play with friends then. Nice.

tcrunch

yes please

Top Bottom