• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Offline for first playthrough it is!

Though if finding the maiden isn't too difficult, it might be worth it to just play online. If this change works like I think it does, makes "getting out of an invasion" that much easier, while still being able to be online for Co-Op.

M3d10n

I saw it at Sony's booth at GDC. At quick glace thought someone was playing Dark Souls, but then I noticed the much better graphics. I think it draws a bit too much from DS: movement, combat and the overall "rhythm" is almost the same. However, the world needs more Dark Souls, so I don't think that's a bad thing at the moment.

KingKong

remember when people swore up and down that co-op with friends would ruin the games and it has to be random? I guess Miyazaki disagrees

remember when people swore up and down that co-op with friends would ruin the games and it has to be random? I guess Miyazaki disagrees

I think the idea that it's done within the game's fiction, still witholding an in-game chat option that people are over it.

It's not substantially different, and people were already finding ways of playing with each other.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Downgrade? Those screens don't look too hot.

And the WTF and the PS+ requirement. I'm STILL not paying for that.

Very few games that require PS+ to actually play, and those that do are kind of justified in it.

Now if co-op was a huge part of the appeal of this game for you - sure. However people who choose to play offline are still going to get a fully featured package with high replay value.

PulseONE

Its for friends wanting to co-op so I assume that's what you're thinking. It will be grand.

It is PRECISELY what I am thinking :D

In dark souls you can make messages from canned phrases and leave them on the ground for other players. Of course, a lot of people liked to combine the phrases to sound like other things.

Dark Souls 2 had a ring that worked the same way.

Yup it worked...similarly, if I'm reading it right, you can create the code yourself, which allows you to narrow down who'll connect with you quite significantly.

But.. all dem free games

Ps+ pays for itself

Yeah it's a good value for that reason, but I just don't have the time (or inclination, depending on selection) to enjoy all the games that I would have access to. And I'll admit that it's the principle of the thing, too. It makes me sad that we let companies charge us for simply connecting to play online when it's been free since the advent of multiplayer, MMOs excepted.

You have a PS4 and not PS+? The fuck?

Not that strange. Lots of people find great value in it obviously, but there are a few of us out there!

Alchemist

Just 3 more weeks 🙏

Think I'm gonna go digital with this. The Chalice Dungeons will hopefully keep the game fresh so I won't ever have to trade in.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
It is PRECISELY what I am thinking :D

Yup it worked...similarly, if I'm reading it right, you can create the code yourself, which allows you to narrow down who'll connect with you quite significantly.

Name Engraved Ring let you choose a god; if both had the same god made it FAR more easier to co-op even with disproportionate level ranges.

This one makes it seem like you just choose a key code and send it to friends which is the far better option if you ask me.

GulAtiCa

I really really hope the invader doesnt have any sort of red hue that would give it away. Although I suppose locking on would be the same.

Either way I cant wait to stalk and hunt you all down on day 1. >:]

In Dark Souls 2, they introduced a ring in DLC that made you appear "normal" even when invading. So there is hope this could happen in Bloodborne, even if requires special equip/etc.

Though, your name still appears above your character in PvP/etc, so they will still know your an invader, thus kinda giving away the "surprise" element. No idea how this might work for Bloodborne.

On Demand

Banned
You have a PS4 and not PS+? The fuck?

I'm not paying for online. I'm standing by that. Unless i get it free or more than half the price.

And here we go

I'll reserve full judgement until it's released, but i don't like the way those screens look.

Very few games that require PS+ to actually play, and those that do are kind of justified in it.

Now if co-op was a huge part of the appeal of this game for you - sure. However people who choose to play offline are still going to get a fully featured package with high replay value.

I just don't like that those little co op features need PS+. I would have thought Sony wouldn't do that. Their stance was only full online games require PS+.

I really, really hope the image quality in the final game is as good as these screenshots. The aliasing in the alpha and all that IGN content was an abysmal eyesore.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The PS+ requirements from the website:

Bloodborne & Playstation Plus Multiplayer Interaction Need PS+?

Online Multiplayer | YES
Asynchronous Network Play | YES
Online Dungeon Share | YES
Updates | NO
Dungeon Data | NO

Xeroblade

Yeah it's a good value for that reason, but I just don't have the time (or inclination, depending on selection) to enjoy all the games that I would have access to. And I'll admit that it's the principle of the thing, too. It makes me sad that we let companies charge us for simply connecting to play online when it's been free since the advent of multiplayer, MMOs excepted.

Not that strange. Lots of people find great value in it obviously, but there are a few of us out there!

And you explained why, doesn't occur to me, I have no time to play those free games either but I am not passing up those game just in case I get time lol.

I haven't played more than an hour of Dark Souls and 4-5 of Demon's Souls and I got the "tongue but hole" gag.

Had to stifle my laughter in the library.

I'm not paying for online. I'm standing by that. Unless i get it free or more than half the price.

I'll reserve full judgement until it's released, but i don't like the way those screens look.

I just don't like that those little co op features need PS+. I would have thought Sony wouldn't do that. Their stance was only full online games require PS+.

Yet you are screaming and claiming a downgrade? Looks like you are not reserving your judgement here.

I respect your choice not to pay for PS+ but I couldn't fathom not using it. I mean why shell out $400 for a system and not get the most out of it? PS+ is probably the most value added subscription/feature I've seen on a console. So many discounts and free games its mind boggling - not to mention being able to play online. I just don't get complaining about losing out on features or accessibility when its such an important aspect of the system.

Primeau31

Yet you are screaming and claiming a downgrade? Looks like you are not reserving your judgement here.

in all fairness he wasnt screaming

but in all fairness he did indeed come out and say downgrade.

it is what it is.

lets all stay reasonable and civil friends <3

Are there character types in this game? Like Pyro, sorcerer etc?

When you create a character, you can choose their "origin," which just determines starting stats. Some origins shown in an IGN video are "Lone Survivor" and "Waste of Skin." When you level up you can spec any way you like. Previous Souls games were similar: you'd choose a starting class, which determines starting stats and gear. But you were in no way locked into that class (I.e. In Dark Souls you could start start as a Knight, but put points into Intelligence and become a spell caster instead).

jmaine_ph

Sounds good to me! Since this is my first game of this style I'll play by myself for the main game but those dungeons will be played cooperatively

Top Bottom