• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder though, since it is two bags, would there be two people involved or would he drop off one bag, go get another, and then drop off the second?

Skeyser

Excuse my ignorance but if the media is declaring they've identified a suspect, isn't that suspect currently fleeing the country or at the very least going deep into hiding? Imagine him sitting there watching the TV when he sees the authorities know who he is - what's he going to do, hand himself in?!

I doubt the suspect is going to wait to hear that the FBI is closing on him, if he could have fled the country he already would have.

marrec

Banned
Look, I have no idea what the source of those pictures are, but enough with the PC "he could be any dark skinned race!" bullshit. The dude looks Arab, period.

Right!

He also looks filipino, period.

He also looks spansh, period!

He also looks South American, period!!

He also looks like my old Gym teacher who was ethnically white but had a nice tan, PERIOD!

Excuse my ignorance but if the media is declaring they've identified a suspect, isn't that suspect currently fleeing the country or at the very least going deep into hiding? Imagine him sitting there watching the TV when he sees the authorities know who he is - what's he going to do, hand himself in?!
Well his face becomes famous and someone will likely know where he is, where he frequents, where he recently was. It opens up leads to their whereabouts.

Look, I have no idea what the source of those pictures are, but enough with the PC "he could be any dark skinned race!" bullshit. The dude looks Arab, period.
Those pictures posted by EtherSnake are just from Reddit/4chan groups trying to identify the bomber(s), most likely nothing to with what the FBI found.

FStop7

Banned
You must have some super eagle eyes and a PhD to be able to tell if someone is an Arab from a couple of digital photos.

I'd assume there's at least 2 perps, as carrying two backpacks would be suspicios.

I was actually just about to suggest that. It would also, in a sense, be another explanation as to how both bombs could have been set off in such close time to one another. Especially since each suspect would be responsible for one bomb and thus, not have to worry about a timer going off early.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
You must have some super eagle eyes and a PhD to be able to tell if someone is an Arab from a couple of digital photos.

If you zoom in far enough you can see the creases in his trousers that could only be there from the way he prays.

I don't think it's the guy in the picture. His friend is dressed not only conspicuously and like a normal fan, but he clearly is watching the race with his pack still on his shoulder in the second pic.

Don't jump to conclusions. If it's not him, you'll really feel like an ass. Trust me, I experienced it earlier in this thread.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It was video. And the info came from an FBI source. Also John king said he was dark skinned. Posters in here are making that leap. Dark skinned can mean a lot of things. John king knows more but he was not willing to go on record with the info. Clearly because its going to be a mess when the person's ethnicity is actually announced.

This has nothing to do with the pictures above. Once we get actual info we may be able to look back at the pictures some more. Right now its all conjecture.

WCVB-TV Boston ‏@WCVB 6m
#BREAKING: According to @WuWCVB, an arrest in #BostonMarathon bombing is imminent or has already taken place.

marrec

Banned
Well now

RT @HuffPostMedia: NBC's Pete Williams contradicts earlier reports: 'to say they have a suspect, we're told, is not correct at this point.'
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/324575304192499712

RT @RyanGOP: RT @WCVB: #BREAKING: According to @WuWCVB, an arrest in #BostonMarathon bombing is imminent or has already taken place.

Who to believe

Thank God we have news media that takes deliberate steps to find the correct info, instead of trying to be first.

Oh wait...

thefro

Well now

RT @HuffPostMedia: NBC's Pete Williams contradicts earlier reports: 'to say they have a suspect, we're told, is not correct at this point.'

RT @RyanGOP: RT @WCVB: #BREAKING: According to @WuWCVB, an arrest in #BostonMarathon bombing is imminent or has already taken place.

Who to believe

I'd trust the stations on the ground in Boston, probably going to be a delay in that info going to Pete Williams' sources in DC.

I uh what....

CNN has direct confirmation from the Mayor. I believe them. There is no way John King would put his career on the line saying "dark skinned man' unless he was DAMN sure.

Anybody else starting to think the letters might be a crazy coincidence? It would be 1 in a trillion, but I dunno.

Crisco

Banned
Those pictures posted by EtherSnake are just from Reddit/4chan groups trying to identify the bomber(s), most likely nothing to with what the FBI found.

Yeah, like I said, I'm not suggesting those people in the photo have anything to do with the bombing. But people pretending there aren't distinct facial characteristics that can be used to identify different races/ethnicity's other than "dark skin" are just being willfully ignorant for the sake of political correctness.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well now

Who to believe

Too many people are confirming that they have a suspect, someone is screwing with Pete Williams.

marrec

Banned
Alright so either we have:

1)Identified a Suspect

2)Identified someone who isn't necessarily a suspect

3)Arrested the bastard

Thanks news, that clears everything up.

Yeah, like I said, I have no idea what the source of those pictures are. But people pretending there aren't distinct facial characteristics that can be used to identify different races other than "dark skin" are just being willfully ignorant for the sake of political correctness.

It's effing ridiculous honestly.

TheNatural

My Member!
Alright so either we have:

1)Identified a Suspect

2)Identified someone who isn't necessarily a suspect

3)Arrested the bastard

Thanks news, that clears everything up.

If they would say 'person of interest' it clears everything up. It's usually the cop out for not wanting to get an identity wrong.

Tamanon

Banned
CNN has direct confirmation from the Mayor. I believe them. There is no way John King would put his career on the line saying "dark skinned man' unless he was DAMN sure.

Anybody else starting to think the letters might be a crazy coincidence? It would be 1 in a trillion, but I dunno.

I figured the letters were completely unrelated the whole time.

sangreal

they always seemed like a coincidence, postal service isn't that fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom