• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

CNN has some advanced enhancing technology

oFWMLHfl.jpg

kassatsu

Banned
Wolf is blind.

Wolf: "As you can see he no longer has the backpack in this picture"

Lady: "Umm I think he still has it on one shoulder"

Wolf: "Oh yeah."

I don't understand your objection. The video and photos were released simultaneously with the press conference. The media coverage of the press conference had cameras pointed at the photos, not the people speaking. The people investigating are still investigating, they didn't stop to go to the press conference. The people who set up the press conference aren't the ones who are going to catch the people. All the media outlets now have the photos and videos and are showing them. What, exact harm occurred? How many minutes do you think things were delayed? Who doesn't have the photos or got them later than they should have?

I think his objection is that the same photos/footage could have been electronically released the moment they made the decision to go public. Instead they wasted (precious?) time setting up a press conference.

Ha funny how people who claim to not care about race are so obsessed with it in this case. The ultra right wing assholes want it to be a black/brown person. While the ultra left wing assholes want it to be a white person.

I want it to be white so the xenophic assholes don't have something else to whine and agitate about.

I think his objection is that the same photos/footage could have been electronically released the moment they made the decision to go public. Instead they wasted (precious?) time setting up a press conference.

They need to look in control and want to control the information. The shit of the last few days should say it all.

Downhome

I still say that if they are not US citizens then they are long gone and out of the country by this point. I hope I'm wrong though.

This is GREAT news today though. It is really just now starting to move in the right direction. I am at least a bit hopeful now, finally.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

When was the moment they decided to go public? Who decided it? How long was the period between that period and the press conference? Who had the power to cancel stuff if new information broke in between? How many people were diverted to work on the press conference and what should they have been doing at the same time? Where's the problem?

I'm guessing these guys aren't prominent online or FBI facial recognition would have found them. (At least suspect 2)

Also, I'm guessing the FBI would have interviewed the people that the suspects passed by? With the picture, someone could recognize them from memory and help do a facial sketch.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Ha funny how people who claim to not care about race are so obsessed with it in this case. The ultra right wing assholes want it to be a black/brown person. While the ultra left wing assholes want it to be a white person.

If it's a white person there's likely not going to be a bunch of people harrassed and attacked and possibly murdered because of their race. Of course people want there to be less collateral damage.

They need to look in control and want to control the information. The shit of the last few days should say it all.

I don't disagree, but I do get the other poster's point. I just think they are still in the TV age, but for most of us, we don't care about a press conference. Control the information by sending a press release to respected news outlets, and then take all the time you want to go blab in front of a microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom