• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Does anyone know if anyone has developed software where people can upload a ton of photos and the system uses the GPS and timestamps on a Google Maps overlay to visualize an event?

Seems like it would be good for historical and crime scene purposes.

Yeah, Creepy could probably do what you're suggesting if you just get a public folder.

76Aj6sn.jpg

Yeah, Wolf's a complete idiot, but Andy and Conan and their crew are smart guys. Lots of Ivy Leaguers up in that writing room. IIRC, Conan was a pretty decorated Harvard man whose dad was a physician and professor and whose mom was an attorney, and Andy was a Columbia guy whose dad was a professor.

Like a lot of famous names in British comedy too, it's surprising how many of these guys acting like buffoons are actually pretty smart dudes.

sangreal

Discussed in the other thread (this is annoying), but WTF is with Wolf asking Romney to sit on an official panel to prevent future attacks?

Why the fuck is Reddit going on and on about the suspects' hats, posting Amazon links and stuff? That seems to be the buzz there now.

Seems like they are undoing some of the good will that they gained yesterday

And I know nothing about 4Chan, except that they helped too - I just don't know how the hell to use the site.

Camp Lo

Banned
Discussed in the other thread (this is annoying), but WTF is with Wolf asking Romney to sit on an official panel to prevent future attacks?

He's floundering IMO. Put a teleprompter reader on during a time where nothing can possibly be pre scripted and watch them drown.

It's been said ad nauseum but a 24 hour news cycle is fucking stupid.

sangreal

Former governor of Massachusetts... Say what you will about the man but he is a pretty powerful and smart man

I'm not getting into the politics, that's not my point. There is no panel, Wolf just created it and took it upon himself to decide who will be on it

Why the fuck did they wait so long to release this? As much as I dont like 4chan or reddit I believe the vast amount of crowdsourcing they will come up with something. But they are just starting now.

You mean the guys who ID'd and pretty much convicted other people?

I am glad the internet detectives were proven wrong.

East Lake

Just seems strange with those Navy guys..
I didn't watch it but you can see them before and after with their backpacks on. Also consider Alex Jones called this a false flag about an hour or less after the bombing, when there's not enough to know anything whatsoever. Any high profile event is going to be a conspiracy for him.

Camp Lo

Banned
Again, this is what media disinformation and the obsession with being "first" does. It gives folks like Jones legitimate news sources they can point to and "prove" their assertions. CNN and others spit out a bunch of shit yesterday and the day before, and those early false reports will be used for years as evidence for conspiracies.

The Navy Seals guys look like security to me, and anyone who has been to any major outdoors event knows police snipers are often on the roofs of buildings.

Well said sir.

Someone on reddit

[–]MagicCan 2321 points 42 minutes ago
Oh my gosh.... I've seen both of these men. I work at a motel 6 in Massachusetts. I think saw them yesterday checking in. How do I give this information to the FBI?

sangreal

https://twitter.com/BogsWBZ/status/325014443429875713

that was fast

BREAKING: Sources tell CBS News investigators have possible names of the men seen in the video #wbz #bostonmarathon

Someone on reddit

Oh my gosh.... I've seen both of these men. I work at a motel 6 in Massachusetts. I think saw them yesterday checking in. How do I give this information to the FBI?

Crazy, although how are you smart enough to go online and see the pictures but not figure out how to contact FBI?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Someone on reddit

Can post on the internet but can't figure out how to use a phone...

btkadams

Someone on reddit

if true (and that the fbi has just identified the guys according to the tweet), holy FUCK at the internet. that was crazy fucking fast.

if true (and that the fbi has just identified the guys according to the tweet), holy FUCK at the internet. that was crazy fucking fast.

Well these days you gotta know somebody whether it's because of school, job, going to the same store over and over. There's so many ways to be found out or known now. Unless you're some backwoods person, you will be found out fast.

GavinGT

Banned
Apparently a controlled explosion occurred at 3:53 pm, about an hour after the initial two. Are we to assume this was a case of the police locating an active explosive left by the bombers and detonating it? I'm about as far you can get from a CT nut, but It's just weird that hardly anyone was talking about this.

Boston-Globe-Twitter-April-15-2013.jpg

dsister44

Someone on reddit

He's only been a redditor for two months and only posts on /r/furry. I'm going to have to call fake...

Apparently a controlled explosion occurred at 3:53 pm, about an hour after the initial two. Are we to assume this was a case of the police locating an active explosive left by the bombers and detonating it? It's just weird that hardly anyone was talking about this.

Boston-Globe-Twitter-April-15-2013.jpg

Didn't they fairly clearly say there wasn't a third bomb at the press conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom