• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

Got my shiny new vita today!!

Have way too many games to play still from my OLED model.

Anyone want to buy a BL2 code early? PM me

MattyG

Banned
So, any of you guys who have it, how would you say it compares to the PS3 version (in terms of graphics, performance, and ease of control)? Would you say it's worth a day 1 purchase?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Got a BL2 code finally although it was $5 over the price I wanted to originally pay. It was worth it after looking at all those $40-50 prices on ebay(seen a bunch of people literally bidding to the $60s and above earlier). Blame that and that nice direct gameplay and raw feed.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I love my OLED, but the LED is sort of rad. I may put some feelers out so I can pick up that bundle.

Whatever the case, the game looks great. Definitely picking up.

OmegaZero

Wow, the Vita 2000 is noticeably slimmer and more comfortable. The screen isn't too much of a downgrade IMO, but I'll need more time to compare them thoroughly.
The triggers are still mushy, but feel better to press than the 1000.

Shame it'll take a while for BL2 to download. :/

Dead

well not really...yet
The game looks really nice, they did a really great job porting it graphically

but lord is the framerate shit. Bad enough to not make me want to play. oh well.

OmegaZero

Also, there's no option for Local Network (Ad-hoc) play, is there? :/
I've seen posts speculating that there isn't but I'd like a confirmation from someone who has the game.

melman101

Has anyone be able to successfully transfer this to their computer via content manager? I back up all my Vita titles to my Mac, and I can't seem to get Borderlands 2 over. Just wondering if anyone else has this issue.

This game is pretty impressive... All the content is there, native res and it's and unreal engine game on vita. I think they did a good job. But is anyone else annoyed by the instant gib of every enemy with any gun? Really with the bodies fell instead, kinda takes you out of it

Xander51

This game is pretty impressive... All the content is there, native res and it's and unreal engine game on vita. I think they did a good job. But is anyone else annoyed by the instant gib of every enemy with any gun? Really with the bodies fell instead, kinda takes you out of it

It was a memory thing, so they wouldn't have to draw corpses and process ragdoll effects.

mauaus

I must be blind but i dont see where i can upload my save on the PS3 version, no cross save option... am i missing something??

I must be blind but i dont see where i can upload my save on the PS3 version, no cross save option... am i missing something??
It looks like the PS3 version's gonna need a patch as well.

Has anybody tried transferring the save data over via USB? Or is that not even something you can do?

poopninjamvc3mk

For some reason I find I actually like the bodies exploding lol.

Besides that this port is pretty nice. Finished up the intro missions and the 2 of Hammerlock's side missions so far. Framerate was iffy at times but so were the console versions at times, although vita might be just a little worse(still better than MGS3D). Not having a problem with enemy count there were least about 6 enemies on screen when the bullymongers showed up when you were supposed to kill those dudes to get to Hammerlock, and when cleaning out the graveyard when there were only 2-4 bullymongers they would re-spawn right after another died.

Those are my 30 minute impressions so far and I'm digging the port so far but that can change over time of course

newsguy

Yeah the devs said they had to do that for memory purposes. I actually thought that was gonna bother me more than it has so far. As long as they drop loot I don't care where their body ends up. I agree that the game looks very nice. It's sharp and colorful just like I remember it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Glad to see some people jumping on that Vita train. Such a good time to own one. If you can, get a 64GB card online. It's payed off in dividends.

am i the only crazy one here, but every footage posted in this thread looks dreadful o_O

threw my code up on BST if anyone's interested, price negotiable based off current sell prices.

The game runs pretty well, controls well, and looks great.

Only complaint would be long load times, but BL2 even has long load times on PC, they're just a bit longer here (which is disappointing).

Firehead

I'm actually getting tempted to pick this up now

Do it. Hell, you'll probably be able to get it for much cheaper in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread in Gaming Community. Got mine for cheap there.

Game's pretty decent on the Vita. Never beat it on the PC, due to interest loss and I was completely burnt out 'cause I was playing Blands1 non-stop before it came out.

Also, I made a Google Doc for us http://goo.gl/zQwneE

Purexed

Banned
Would love to give impressions but PSN is downloading at a snail's pace. Why couldn't they just have included a physical disc...*sigh*

poopninjamvc3mk

Would love to give impressions but PSN is downloading at a snail's pace. Why couldn't they just have included a physical disc...*sigh*

If you have a PS3 you can download it from there then transfer to Vita. Way faster process, although sometimes transferring can be slow from PS3 to PSV surprisingly, but I have no problems most of the time.

If you have a PS3 you can download it from there then transfer to Vita. Way faster process, although sometimes transferring can be slow from PS3 to PSV surprisingly, but I have no problems most of the time.

Always faster for me using PS3, except one game. Katamari Touch. Always says its gonna take a couple of hours to transfer, lol.

romulus91

sorry if answered ..... the game does not include all DLC campaigns right? If not, are they all compatible i.e assault on dragons keep?

cheers ":)

One of those characters that the writers think are annoying in a funny way but really are just annoying in a oh-god-i-want-to-mute-the-voice-acting way.
I thought he was much better in the second game than the first. Or maybe the other way around. I friendly preferred the dialogue and humor of the second in general. I think. I don't remember.

Hansel?

Neo Member
I'm loving it. For me personally it's pretty much the PS3 version on Vita.

But I'm hoping someone can help answer this... I keep getting a pop-up when I start the game that says "inventory unavailable" before starting up my games. The message makes it sound like I'm missing DLC but I've downloaded all pieces of the game. Is there a reason it's giving me this message?

So my complaints so far... There's no day 1 cross-save, and I'm betting they're planning on patching Borderlands 2 for the PS3 next week with the game's official launch, which is unfortunate, because I want to be level 50 now so I can test out the end-game.

And I just started the game up, and the back touch screen isn't working at all. So I have to either play without being able to sprint or melee, or I have to restart the game and deal with the loading screens, which aren't bad, because they're about as long as the PS3 version's, but that's still pretty bad.

Also, I'm using the original Vita (whatever it's called), and was having no problems with back touch screen controls until now, where they're not doing anything at all. When they are working, they're great. The low enemy count is noticeable, but I'd have to get further into the game to be able to count it as a flaw. As it was, I thought the original game was unbalanced in favor of the enemies.

Edit: Also, I find it really odd that there's all these touchscreen controls for navigating the menus when all the text is extremely small. It's like they meant to scale it all up, but didn't.

RE_Player

With no cross save if I start playing on Vita is it going to fuck up my file? For instance I would be starting a new character so would beating challenges and gaining badass rank fuck up anything when I do eventually cross save?

v1perz53

God damn it, I was hoping this game would be terrible or something, now I really want it. I would honestly probably grab a code now with all the ones going around from the bundle, but my 64 GB card is full and this game is gigantic, so I may actually go retail on this and get a used copy down the road. Stupid vita making me poor.

spannicus

This Borderlands 2 port is AMAZING I am amazed. The Vita is truly a boss machine. Please Sony bring more games like this to the Vita. Everyone buy this game.

Suprised people are saying it's native res. From the screens/videos I've seen on the net it looked sub-hd. Glad that's not the case.

Top Bottom