• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

There aren't nearly as many sidequests in TPS. And the new expansion starts at level 32 so it's not a solution to add more sidequests like I thought it was. They should have made it level scaled like BL2 DLC.

There was a point where I found myself under leveled too.

I haven't played it since any expansions though so many those challenge dome things help level you up.

That's what makes reviewing Claptrap's DLC tough.

I didn't keep TPS when I bought it, because I was able to get a refund after beating it in 7 days and didn't love it. But, the save transfer was only available starting today, too, as far as I know.

Just to get to the DLC, I'd need to play most of the game again.

If I had my 360 saves for both games set to cloud save already do I still have to go back into the 360 versions and upload them again, or will I be good to go already?

If I had my 360 saves for both games set to cloud save already do I still have to go back into the 360 versions and upload them again, or will I be good to go already?

aw man you have to upload them? my poor conference call my baby infinity and my dual bitches lost to the digital abyss now I can no longer say I have bitches on the left and bitches on the right :(

aw man you have to upload them? my poor conference call my baby infinity and my dual bitches lost to the digital abyss now I can no longer say I have bitches on the left and bitches on the right :(

What? I am just trying to figure out if I need to hook up my wifes and my 360 again or not.

You could actually do that on last gen as well!

You really need to do side quests so you're a higher level than the enemies to make it as easy as possible. If you're the same/higher level you'll have a much easier time. Not possible in UVH mode though, where playing solo really is a nightmare at times.

Although it's totally possible to play the story straight through it is pretty tough later on.

What? I am just trying to figure out if I need to hook up my wifes and my 360 again or not.

Yes, You'll have to hook up the 360 and upload the save. It's different than the cloud storage save.

Slayven

Yes, but it's complicated. The program is called Gibbed. You can transfer 360 to PS4 even (if you have a PS3 and Borderlands there.) It looks to be a lot of trouble, though.

Looked it over, doesn't seem that hard. Just long. I got nothing better to do today. Will give it a go and report back

Dunlop

At home sick (actually am lol) and keep hovering over the buy now

I played BL1 and BL2 so not sure if it is worth it or wait until a price drop

In Canada PS4 version is $69.99 no tax
XB1 version is $69.99 + tax but I have a $28 credit
too many decisions!

So, I got my character transferred from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One, and I loaded it up. A few random achievements popped up but not all of them? Do all achievements not transfer over?

Dunlop

The saves are physically on the 360 right? I've long since got rid of mine but it would awesome if they were online in profile

ObiDin

Tried it out on X1 this morning. Screen tearing was noticeable and annoying on The Pre-Sequel, but very playable. Didn't notice any screen tearing on BL2 and seemed very smooth(only played through claptrap getting his eye stolen).

Might just play BL2 until a patch(hopefully) removes the tearing from TPS.

Tried it out on X1 this morning. Screen tearing was noticeable and annoying on The Pre-Sequel, but very playable. Didn't notice any screen tearing on BL2 and seemed very smooth(only played through claptrap getting his eye stolen).

Bummer. Hopefully it does get ironed out with a patch. Still getting the X1 version. Thanks for the impressions.

hydruxo

I think I'm gonna run either Salvador or Gaige this time around in BL2. I'm excited to try out all the DLC because I never picked any of it up last gen.

flyshow

Downloading now on X1. I feel guilty supporting these remasters especially when I have already bought almost all of the DLCs on PC and can play at 1600p60fps...

mike4001_

I am sure that can fix this (at least to some extent).

Both games were handled by different studios and Gearbox probably got it 6-8 weeks ago, combined then and fixed bugs ever since.

Just look at the launch patch with roughly 50 fixes ;)

Feel dirty for double dipping on a remaster...more so since I purchased all the BL2 DLC. But I don't have a PC to run it at anything nicer than what it looks like on 360, so the slight graphical improvements will be nice...plus TPS DLC helps.

Did anyone elses embossed cardboard game slip come with an annoying sticker on it? I hate when companies do this shit.

So, I got my character transferred from the Xbox 360 to the Xbox One, and I loaded it up. A few random achievements popped up but not all of them? Do all achievements not transfer over?

I didnt think any transferred over to be honest- this is good news- maybe I will transfer my saves over...

Most achievements don't transfer. The only ones that will pop are those tied to what your character has on...like the achievement for having all purple gear, ect.

What's the purpose of character transfers then if achievements don't carry over? You just sit there and do nothing and that's it? Everything is completed, there's nothing to do.

What's the purpose of character transfers then if achievements don't carry over? You just sit there and do nothing and that's it? Everything is completed, there's nothing to do.

I'd imagine its for people to continue their TPS games if they haven't completed it without feeling the need to start over. Also, to play DLC they didn't own with their characters. To have their badass rank for new characters. There are a bunch of reasons really...not everyone cares about achievements. Plus, those that do are happy that they can boost by doubling up on them.

Does cross save work for this? The op says you can transfer, but can you go back and forth?

I believe I read that on Playstation you can move them back and forth, but not on Xbox platforms. Don't quote me on that though as I don't remember where I read it (probably on GAF).

Kadin

I believe I read that on Playstation you can move them back and forth, but not on Xbox platforms. Don't quote me on that though as I don't remember where I read it (probably on GAF).
This is correct. Xbox family it's just one way (360 to XB1), Playstation can go in both directions.

Xander51

Gonna pick this up today on PS4. Been going back and forth on whether I should since I already have them on PC, but I like these games too much not to play them. If anyone wants to add me for potential co-op/trophy comparison/whatever, my PSN name is Xander51.

mebizzle

Looked it over, doesn't seem that hard. Just long. I got nothing better to do today. Will give it a go and report back

I spent an hour doing this last night with my 360 save since I had BL2 from plus, worked well. Used Horizon to extract the sav, Gibbed to save it as PS3 and Bruteforce to inject it into a dummy save.

bengraven

Loyalty Rewards are temp delayed.

But here's 25 Golden Keys until the 31st.

BL2:
PS3/PS4/Vita: KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H
Xbox 360 / Xbox One: CJC33-KHBCW-FHF6Z-C6JTB-F9395
PC / Mac: WBK3T-BKW6T-TXTRK-JTTBT-C6BS5

BL:TPS
PS3/PS4: 555JT-6TTX5-SFBKT-HTW33-T3F3T
Xbox 360/Xbox One: 555JT-6TTT9-KCFJX-CXT33-T3FBC
PC/Mac/Linux: KKWBJ-6B5FJ-3JJBT-JBBJB-WWH6X

dr-dre-the-wash.gif

Almost might reinstall BLands2 for that. Still need to finish the DLC anyway. (I think I have like 75 saved up anyway, though - ha)

Saiyan-Rox

is there really only 1 story mission for the presequel dlc? damn what a waste of money that season pass was. any idea on how to start that dlc?

nvm found it

Ascenion

Replaying Borderlands 2 again is just making me hope that Handsome Jack is resurrected as a moniker of some sort. He's become iconic I think to where he can be any delightfully evil sociopath.

rcl66

Pre-loaded this on PS4, and when I played it last night the game and update file had downloaded - but there was nothing on the downloadable content menu for Borderlands 2.

Am i missing something obvious? Shouldn't all the DLC show up on that menu?

hydruxo

Pre-loaded this on PS4, and when I played it last night the game and update file had downloaded - but there was nothing on the downloadable content menu for Borderlands 2.

Am i missing something obvious? Shouldn't all the DLC show up on that menu?

Did it finish downloading while you were playing the game? If so, you might need to close the application and reopen it for it to show up. I'm not sure though, just a guess.

Top Bottom