• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection |OT| All Jacked Up

DJ Gunner

Not thrilled with the framerate in TPS on PS4. I'm about two hours in, level 7 or so, and it's pretty distracting in every area I've been in.

So, my friend just got the Handsome Collection. He's never played pre sequel before, hasn't transferred any saves, yet the game gave him a badass ranking of 5,400.

Edit: he also just made a new baroness and the game decided to give him two purple weapons to start, and $37,000. Wtf is happening.

Not sure what's up with the BA rank, but yes that is what the Baroness starts with, as I just started one as well. I imagine it has to do with her being "rich" in the story.

flyshow

Played the first 3 chapters of BL2 on X1. It's not locked 60fps for sure. Anyone who played on PC previously can easily notice the occasional slowdown. I'm worried what the performance would go if multiple players play together with crazy weapons like conference call. I saw Iron Galaxy's name in intro. Not sure whether Handsome Collection is only based on Iron Galaxy's UE3 port build or the entire development work was handed over to Iron Galaxy. I respect Iron Galaxy's work as they are one of the first who bring UE3 to next gen, but this collection lacks serious optimization.

Derpyduck

Banned
Played a lot more of BL2 on PS4 last night and I really like it. Not only does it look beautiful in full HD, but it runs really well too.

Not really looking forward to TPS if it has framerate issues though.

yoplay

what a fn joke. Bought this thinking that there were particle effects similar to that on pc. Nope. F off!!! What a rip off. This is just a resolution remaster which i cared none for. I wanted the amazing particle effects of the PC version which i know the PS4 could have at least ran on medium. Smh.

no maam

Banned
what a fn joke. Bought this thinking that there were particle effects similar to that on pc. Nope. F off!!! What a rip off. This is just a resolution remaster which i cared none for. I wanted the amazing particle effects of the PC version which i know the PS4 could have at least ran on medium. Smh.
Physx is very demanding. Epically in this game. Hence why there is none for consoles.

I played last night with 3 other friends via Xbox live. Fps were all over the place. Not sure if it's the game or the fact I was playing online. Either way I had fun and will have to get over that the xbone is not my pc.

yoplay

Physx is very demanding. Epically in this game. Hence why there is none for consoles.

I played last night with 3 other friends via Xbox live. Fps were all over the place. Not sure if it's the game or the fact I was playing online. Either way I had fun and will have to get over that the xbone is not my pc.

If physx can't be met on consoles this gen in some relative form, then this generation of hardware has failed the consumer. I had hoped to at least get something similar to the star wars 1212 footage. I for sure thought Borderlands would have it, but it's just a lazy port. It runs smooth on PS4 for the most part, but I needed those particle effects to be able to finally finish this game. It is a completely different beast with physx on.

Derpyduck

Banned

It's more than a resolution bump. It's also a framerate bump. The new consoles aren't powerhouses, so you might be expecting too much from them. The hardware on both of them is actually quite disappointing.

BigDug13

If physx can't be met on consoles this gen in some relative form, then this generation of hardware has failed the consumer. I had hoped to at least get something similar to the star wars 1212 footage. I for sure thought Borderlands would have it, but it's just a lazy port. It runs smooth on PS4 for the most part, but I needed those particle effects to be able to finally finish this game. It is a completely different beast with physx on.

Physx is proprietary nvidia stuff though. In order to have my Borderlands 2 PC doing it, the CPU basically has to do it since I don't have nvidia. The CPU's in these consoles are not capable of doing it. Or if they were, 60 FPS would then be off the table.

ObiDin

I don't believe they ever advertised the collection as having the PhysX effects, just 1080p and 60fps and a metric fuckton of DLC. I mean, I understand wanting the particle effects, but I don't believe they ever promised that.

Look, I'm not happy either with the tearing in TPS on X1(which is listed on their support site and supposed to be addressed in a future patch), but besides that issue the image quality and gameplay are great and a significant upgrade from playing the games on 360.

For those wanting the PhysX, it is a huge performance drainer on PC (wasnt smooth even on a GTX 980 quad core i7 4790K) and its...kinda messy looking. Even on high, the liquids looked very blocky so in aggregate it wasnt a better looking game IMO just different (some effects were great, some not)

Game looks gorgeous on PS4 and runs smooth with no tearing - very pleased so far, and I dont miss the PC physx for the above reasons

Derpyduck

Banned
I don't believe they ever advertised the collection as having the PhysX effects, just 1080p and 60fps and a metric fuckton of DLC. I mean, I understand wanting the particle effects, but I don't believe they ever promised that.

Look, I'm not happy either with the tearing in TPS on X1(which is listed on their support site and supposed to be addressed in a future patch), but besides that issue the image quality and gameplay are great and a significant upgrade from playing the games on 360.

The gameplay is indeed great. Playing BL2 last night for hours reminded me once again of why I hate Destiny's single player so much.

zorbsie

Bummed that there is no way to transfer your save file if you don't have the last gen game. I'm sure there is a good reason for it, but it's still a bummer. At least I got 50 or so golden keys from that link posted earlier. Thanks for that.

I have a $1000 PC that runs pratically any UE3 game like it was OG pacman.

The max physX effects in BL2 are so demanding that they can cut my framerate nearly in half at times.

This isn't a failure on the consoles end, max physx on almost any PC game is damn taxing on a single GPU system. It's an enthusiast feature for folks who have SLI setups or really expensive video cards. So don't expect max physx on any console anytime soon because it aint happening.

If they wanted to they could replicate some of the PhysX effects but it obviously wasn't a priority to make this any more than a res/framerate bump

No issues with transferring save data into The Pre-Sequel? After the problem with Dead or Alive 5, I wanted to make sure this was working okay before I tried it myself.

Worked flawlessly for me in both BL2 and TPS. Just boot up your last gen disc, hit the cloud choice, and upload your save. Then in Handsome collection, do the same thing and retrieve it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Played a little of BL2 on PC on some high settings and was really impressed at how much better it looked than the consoles (360), it was almost a different game. Anyone know if this is comparable, or if it's just the resolution and framerate cranked up and kicked out the door?

no maam

Banned
Played a little of BL2 on PC on some high settings and was really impressed at how much better it looked than the consoles (360), it was almost a different game. Anyone know if this is comparable, or if it's just the resolution and framerate cranked up and kicked out the door?
Res and fps. No phys x, fov, or basically any pc options. It's worth it if you have friends to play with, but if you're going to go solo stick with the pc version.

JHall

No issues with transferring save data into The Pre-Sequel? After the problem with Dead or Alive 5, I wanted to make sure this was working okay before I tried it myself.

The only thing that didn't trasfer over for me was my badass rank from BL2. Kinda disappointed since mine was extremely high

pizzacat

Banned
I'm not one to notice these problems but playing 2 yesterday and I kind of noticed below 60 whenever my deathclaw was out in a crowded area. That was the only spot for me tbh

MDSLKTR

Gold Member
For those wanting the PhysX, it is a huge performance drainer on PC (wasnt smooth even on a GTX 980 quad core i7 4790K) and its...kinda messy looking. Even on high, the liquids looked very blocky so in aggregate it wasnt a better looking game IMO just different (some effects were great, some not)

Game looks gorgeous on PS4 and runs smooth with no tearing - very pleased so far, and I dont miss the PC physx for the above reasons

It's ok to justify your purchase but that is total bs come on...

dork

Banned
The XB1 version has technical issues? Guess I'll wait for a sale, then :/

Yeah I cant justify $60 when I own BL2 on pc. I really want to get another game for console though, since im really enjoying farcry 4 on ps4. But ill wait for it to go on sale/be patched

BigDug13

I ended up turning off physx stuff on my PC version because it actually made it more difficult to play the game. So many particles in my face that it became more difficult to keep tabs on all the enemy activity.

It's ok to justify your purchase but that is total bs come on...

? I have the game on both PC and PS4, so ...I dont care which version I play.

Like I mentioned, with PhysX on high, it wasnt smooth even on a 980. Turn the effects off, and its basically the same as the PS4 version (except with optional higher res if you have a higher res monitor)

I plan on getting a Titan X & SLI so will be interesting if that can finally get good performance with the PC PhysX.

Really wish they'd unbundle The Pre-Sequel. I have no desire to play BL2 again, but I'd like to give TPS a shot.

I think the game justifies itself even taking BL2 out of the equation, since when released was $60 alone - not only does the PS4 version run better but it comes with the DLC. Consider BL2 a bonus!

I'm finding that the game does feel quite a bit different - not just looks wise, but gravity/stomps, guns, enemy behaviors. I am very pleased with it.

I think the game justifies itself even taking BL2 out of the equation, since when released was $60 alone - not only does the PS4 version run better but it comes with the DLC. Consider BL2 a bonus!

Yeah, that's true. Pre-sequel is only five months old, so releasing it and all the DLC for $60 doesn't seem massively unfair. Having BL2+DLC is icing on the cake

hydruxo

This collection isn't like MCC where you could just choose what game you want to be in from a main menu?

You choose between BL2 or TPS when you boot the game up, so say you choose BL2, start playing, then decide you want to switch to TPS. You have to close the app and reopen it to do so. Kinda sucks but it's not too much of an inconvience, only takes a few extra seconds.

If they wanted to they could replicate some of the PhysX effects but it obviously wasn't a priority to make this any more than a res/framerate bump

how exactly do you think they would replicate the physx effects? they're not canned animations that just play when you interact with something, they're physics calculations that are taxing enough that it's recommended that you have a separate video card in PCs games in order to use the max PhysX settings without taking a hard hit to the framerate.

some of you are simply being unreasonable.

yoplay

guess ill just stick with it then if physx runs like shit on pc as well. but damn does it amazing. ill suit up again.

weevles

I played BL2 main story into the ground, but didn't get to Tiny Tina DLC. Got TPS for PS3 as a Xmas gift but didn't care for it. I might've bit on this collection but hearing about the frame rate issues for TPS killed that idea, oh well.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
yBbkl7f.jpg

Claptrap came and my dog hates it!

watership

Man I would kill to have my 360 save move to PS4, I put so much time into my characters over there. O well, worth the switch but really wish there was away to move from 360 to PS4.

Will probably pick this up on sale at some point.

Like others have said, there will never been a straightforward way for this to happen for this or any other game. The only way to do this is to get a converter to move the save to a PS3 format, then use your PSN account on a PS3 version of this game, and and import it there.

Top Bottom