• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing: Floyd Mayweather vs. Victor Ortiz |OT| 9/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
HiResDes said:
10 to 1 odds on Pacquiao?...Even juiced that sounds ridiculous and I like the guy,
Juiced Pacman makes that into a 30-1 shot.

polyh3dron said:
where the fuck is kellerman I miss his douchiness
Kellerman = douchiness? ZzZzZZzZZ

He might be a little pretentious at times, but douchey? I'm not seeing it.

Wow, Morales still has it. Man, he really went to work with those combos in the later rounds. This is why i love boxing fellas. These kind of fights. Too good

Baby Milo

Panzon said:
Im trying so hard to find a reason to love boxing like i used to but damn has it gotten tough
that morales fight did nothing for u?

BigKaboom2 said:
Watch Super Six fights, for example, rather than Mayweather/Pacquiao/Klitschko blowouts.
that features all ward blowouts :)

The M.O.B

Panzon said:
Im trying so hard to find a reason to love boxing like i used to but damn has it gotten tough

Like a lot of fighting sports, the best fights are not the ones with heavily over-hyped contenders.

BigKaboom2 said:
Watch Super Six fights, for example, rather than Mayweather/Pacquiao/Klitschko blowouts.
or just regular HBO fights. Hopkins/Pascal, berto/Ortiz, morales/maidana.... Amazing fights on HBO and showtime.

leadbelly

Banned
mr_nothin said:
lol really?
The gloves...they do nothing!

The gloves are there to protect your hands not your face. In fact bare knuckle fighting was less dangerous, despite the fact they went on for longer and of course they wore no gloves. Your hands can only take so much you see, so the punches became less effective as the fight went on.

Ketchup Boy

lol awwwe man I'm ready for this fight I'm remember one of the guys from The Contender haha

mr_nothin said:
lol really?
The gloves...they do nothing!

lol yeah the only fights I've seen in the past were mad boring and slow

dream

Hey, it's WEC Joe!

And yeah, it's Alfonso from The Contender! Didn't Sergio end up going on to become a star?

mr_nothin

Banned
leadbelly said:
The gloves are there to protect your hands not your face. In fact bare knuckle fighting was less dangerous, despite the fact they went on for longer and of course they wore no gloves. Your hands can only take so much you see, so the punches became less effective as the fight went on.
I know...that's why I said they do nothing (when it comes to damage dealt) ;)

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Unofficially Ortiz weighs 164 tonight and Mayweather is at 150. Not liking this hope this doesnt make Ortiz too sluggish.

abuC

Panzon said:
Watch Espn Friday night fights, a lot of great fights have happened on there.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Fifty said:
So is this the last fight before the main event?

I believe so. This is the "main event" from Staples Center. Then they'll air the main event from MGM Grand.

Blackface

Banned
harSon said:
Pacquiao demands that Mayweather take a ridiculous penalty per pound that he comes in overweight. Mayweather obliges.

Pacquiao wants thinner gloves, something that benefits Pacquiao. Mayweather obliges.

Pacquiao asks for a smaller ring, something that would limit Mayweather's mobility, something that hinders Mayweather and benefits Pacquiao. Mayweather obliges.

Mayweather asks for drug testing. Pacquiao first claims to be afraid of needles. Then he says that needles so close to a fight drains him, until being called out on his BS by some 24/7 footage showing him taking a blood test closer to a fight than Mayweather wanted.

Pacquiao camp counters with a 30 day cut off for blood testing before the fight. Mayweather camp offers 24 days, Pacquiao refuses. Mayweather is angry that Pacquiao refuses to concede anything so he lowers his blood testing cut off date and states that if Pacquiao wants to fight him, all he has to do is accept those terms. Pacquiao camp asks for the 24 day cut off, and then accuse Mayweather of dodging when he refuses to agree to old terms that he already said he would not agree to.

That's basically how the negotiations went. How people can say it was Mayweather that was the fight dodger, I'll never understand (actually, I do. People are unwilling to leave their hate at the door.)

He is the fight dodger. He wanted a 24 day cut -off. Manny eventually agreed to it. Mayweather said no. Does that make sense? It's exactly what Floyd wanted. If he really wanted to fight Manny, then he would be. Manny has agreed to be tested. What other excuse can he use now?

There were rumors Manny has agreed to take a test 7 days prior or 7 days after the fight.

Manny and his camp figure Manny is as big of a draw and a better fighter. They do not want the terms of the fight dictated by Floyd. Especially considering Floyd is making more money, and it will NOT be an even split.

I should also point out the original test Floyd wanted Manny to take, Floyd would NOT have been taking. Thats right, he only wanted Manny to be tested at first.

The gloves Manny wanted were not thinner. They were STANDARD. Floyd ALWAYS creates fights so the fighters use larger gloves. Manny said NO to this, and he wanted a standard glove being used.

jchap

This sucks... If Gomez is putting up a struggle GBP will never match their golden goose against anyone threatening.

BOOM and its over... A bit of a premature stoppage but still a great combo to stun him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom