• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think they'll show much games at least not as much as Sony did, focus on hardware and other garbage things I'm not interested in, I haven't decided which I will get, I'm not loyal to any console but ps3 is most likely because og exclusives.

Raide

No, that's not what I said. I'm finding this unveiling to be more geared towards America than anywhere else.

With Sony and Nintendo's conference in that same time period? Not a chance.

A new hardware event is always going to generate more hype than just games. Sony and MS will have an interesting fight to impress, Nintendo has a major up-hill struggle to get the WIi-U moving amid the hype of next-gen machines.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAHH!!!!

Come one Microsoft, it's up to you now. Either I get your console or probably skip this generation.

M.D

well major nelson did say after the sony event, who announces there next console without showing it... i fully suspect they intend on showing the console after that

I have a feeling it will be a black box with a power button, a disc drive and some ports on the back

Goldmund

Some amazing crow will be eaten if MS manages to dispel a lot of stuff, while revealing lots of cool things for TV/gaming.

Realistically, what do they need to announce for gamers?

New UI, new LIVE features, Halo? Forza? Gears? New IP?

Then, they talk about how they will revolutionize TV, add whatever else they plan on in terms of pushing LIVE... will you guys be happy?

Compared to just the games, MS could have flagship IPs (new hardware=insta hype), then add more than what Sony talked about with new dimensions
That'd be akin to looping the Killzone trailer 3 times. And television isn't really a thing where I live.

Hindle

Banned
I think they'll market this reveal like crazy in the coming weeks. Expect banners on the streets in LA or something.

AwShucks

If I were a betting man I'd say "Look, new CoD, new Halo, new Forza, and Killer Instinct 3".

And everybody on gaf will go "YES KI3" and be sold

Verendus

Banned
Sony will surely have the most new stuff to show at E3 including the console itself.
There is plenty of stuff to show from Sony yet, sure.

But what I mean is MS were smart in being patient. If they had jumped ahead and done an early reveal, it would have been to their detriment. This way, there'll be lots of talk focused on the reveal, and about 2 weeks later, they'll have another conference at E3 detailing more things.

It was the smarter move to time it like this as it gives them a little more control in terms of information.

wrog

My body is ready!

83568-192164-HypeTrainjpg-620x.jpg

Man

Don't think they'll show much games at least not as much as Sony did, focus on hardware and other garbage things I'm not interested in.
If the hardware rumors are real (inferior memory and gpu, less cpu cores for games) then they better focus on the entertainment offering.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I made this on the 28th of March, might as well post it now:

Apart from "next" instead of "new", it's correct. The different colors are those of Microsoft's window mark (logo)

Already worse then the PS Meeting announcement :D The trailer for it came out of nowhere and catapulted my hype meter to the maximum level instantly. With this, I'm not feeling much to be honest. Maybe it is better this way, less room for disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom