• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking News: Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21, 10:00 A.M. PST, Livestreamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nice to see that specifcally mention games we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

Meelow

Banned
Noticed how Microsoft is advertising it as a "new generation" instead of "next generation"

I really feel Xbox 360 will live on for a long time with 720 coming out.

It will be amazing to see the crow eating if always online is not true. I still don't think MS are stupid enough to actually do it.

What if the always online part isn't true, BUT always on Kinect is, ads are more intrusive than ever, Xbox Live costs even more, and it's specs are notably weaker than the PS4?

Just because the always online rumor isn't true doesn't suddenly make this a pro consumer awesome gaming machine.

ari

Banned
Because Spike's ratings in the Late Morning-Early Afternoon on a Tuesday are fabulous.

Hell, when the 360 revealed on MTV at least it was on during primetime.
I'll imagine repeats and behind the scenes type stuff to be recorded, like launch titles or the next rare game.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Here are the actual e-mail invites:

4AwjTAn.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
What happens if my livestream goes down? Do I have three minutes to reconnect before being booted off the website?

Excited and scared to see if the rumours are true.

Me too, but I can't help thinking we might not find out right away.

I guess I would be surprised if MS came out and said, "it won't play used games" or "it won't work without an internet connection" as part of their presentation.

I'm guessing they won't mention it even if it's true, and we'll have to rely on the detectives around here to figure out the whole story. Of course, it the rumors aren't true they may bring it up.

We'll see, I suppose. I'm ready for some real news though, that's for sure.

Seems Garnett Lee is hinting that all the always online / no used games rumors were BS?

Some amazing crow will be eaten if MS manages to dispel a lot of stuff, while revealing lots of cool things for TV/gaming.

Realistically, what do they need to announce for gamers?

New UI, new LIVE features, Halo? Forza? Gears? New IP?

Then, they talk about how they will revolutionize TV, add whatever else they plan on in terms of pushing LIVE... will you guys be happy?

Compared to just the games, MS could have flagship IPs (new hardware=insta hype), then add more than what Sony talked about with new dimensions

hammster

Archbishop of Canterburny
"On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment." Eww.

At least MS picked a reasonable time for this so everyone can watch it.

Its not in the middle of the night in europe like the ps4 event.

Nemesis_

Man, the latest games in both the Halo and Gears series are really the greatest examples of why I don't want to see new games.

I will cut Gears some slack since it was significantly different in tone and pacing to previous games, but even 3 was beginning to get a little bit arduous.

JaggedSac

Rösti;55250264 said:

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

Shots fired?

Pennywise

That has not been confirmed to be a next gen title just 360/PS3. There have been a bunch of other next gen/cross gen titles that have been announced for the PS4 directly though.

People are not that stupid.

My intention with the whole post is to show, just renember the "negative" facts that were discussed over the Sony event.
And this were facts that were nowhere near interesting....but over the time this shit was almost gone.
Microsoft got a pretty short window to discuss the negative aspects that might surround the console.
It's either positive or a risk.

Sony's buffer between E3 and the reveal was smart so far.

prwxv3

I'm don't think they'll announce their DRM strategy (either good or bad) at this event.

If it is true they really need to get that shit out first in interviews or something. Finding out about the always online DRM at launch would be much worse.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well major nelson did say after the sony event, who announces there next console without showing it... i fully suspect they intend on showing the console after that

So, how big of a deal will RAM specs be? What if they dont match Sony's?

I mean, wont most games cater to lowest denominator? Or is the difference really that big/constrained to do that?

Pennywise

If it is true they really need to get that shit out first in interviews or something. Finding out about the always online DRM at launch would be much worse.

I don't think their gonna wait with that.
They already had so much negative PR around the globe, either they deny/confirm it finally or they're gonna earn alot more negative PR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom