• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild Amiibo unlocks revealed

Pejo

Anybody got a trail on a Shiek figure? I've been using the Shiek armor in game almost all the time when not required to have temperature specific armor, and I hate the hairstyle the default set has, I'd love to get the Shiek mask.

Is the buy 2 get 1 still going on at target?

Yeah it's still going. I just ordered them on the Target site to pick up in store. 2 of them were available but Ganondorf comes next week. I could have just bought them all in store at toys r us but the target deal saved me about $10

I had no idea 8 bit link amiibo has a sword on his back until I opened it from the box. So much cooler.

ag-my001

8 bit is about the only thing in stock besides the new ones. Luckily, I just found out my friend has both the smash and OoT Links, so I'll be stopping by there this afternoon.

Chorazin

I need the WW 2 pack, Smash Zelda, Ocarina Link and Shiek. Just the hardest of them all to find. no big deal right?

Ugh! This suuuucks.

Zorfendor

Neo Member
I have technically all of the amiibo as far as unlocks go for Zelda, but I'm still looking for a Smash series Toon Link.

Lothars

I need the WW 2 pack, Smash Zelda, Ocarina Link and Shiek. Just the hardest of them all to find. no big deal right?

Ugh! This suuuucks.
So I was looking for them and found them on amazon.it with no ship date, so I ordered them

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01M0EP1RX/

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01LWI4PWB/

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01M031XEJ/

They turn out to be about 14 dollars US a piece. It might be an option if you are interested in them.

Glix

Okay so I already have Wolf Link, Shiek, SSMB Toon Link, and the Toon Link/Zelda two pack.

Now I have to decide how important the other items are to me.

Sadly I really want the NES LOZ items and I hate the way the 8 bit amiibos look.

Do we know when they're going to produce more of the 30th Anniversary set? I still haven't bought any Amiibo but I need that Ocarina Link. Gotta love how the only one on sale on Amazon UK is from some scalper at £120.

Glix

Anyone who is in nyc on weekday afternoons and wants to scan my sheik shoot me a pm i have no problem doing a lunch hour meetup. (DOWNTOWN)

Kandinsky

Anybody got a trail on a Shiek figure? I've been using the Shiek armor in game almost all the time when not required to have temperature specific armor, and I hate the hairstyle the default set has, I'd love to get the Shiek mask.

I just got it!, I like the default one better tho

Joei

I have all the Smash line for the LoZ Amiibo, and Wolf Link from the combo of game+Amiibo. Never bought the 8-bit or Ocarina, etc. ones. The ones I do have have been sitting in my office for the past 6 months, and I'm finally excited to get some good use out of them. I happened to check the prices on eBay and was shocked at how much Shiek goes for.

Now to get a Switch and the game.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Why are so many websites saying botw zelda can give the hylian shield?

I thought it was just the knights shield she could give

Breath of the Wild Zelda can give a Hylian Shield, whereas Toon Zelda drops the knight shield.

I think Breath of the Wild Zelda can also drop the Knight Shield as well.

Stalwart

Breath of the Wild Zelda can give a Hylian Shield, whereas Toon Zelda drops the knight shield.

I think Breath of the Wild Zelda can also drop the Knight Shield as well.

Why are so many websites saying botw zelda can give the hylian shield?

I thought it was just the knights shield she could give

No, this is wrong. All the amiibo table drops have been datamined for days, it's just one site said it'll give the Hylian Shield and a bunch of others copied it (just like what always happens when a game launches and people are desperate to build up pages for people to click on, they copy things other sites have posted)

Nothing drops the Hylian Shield.

speiky

Hylian shield won't drop from any amiibo.
You can grab it early in the game as soon as you leave the great plateau.

I'm over 400 attempts for Link's LoZ sword. Really ridiculous drop rates if there aren't any other ways to influence the drops.

i agree drop rates suck ass i spent a good 2hrs trying to get the Twilight Bow from Smash Zelda figure i wanted to chuck the damn amiibo at the wall after i got it.

Glix

I'm over 400 attempts for Link's LoZ sword. Really ridiculous drop rates if there aren't any other ways to influence the drops.

Are we sure its not reacting to save scumming?

I have scanned 5 timed and gotten 2 exclusives. There have been other posts like yours and the math doesnt seem to match up

kunonabi

I have scanned 5 timed and gotten 2 exclusives. There have been other posts like yours and the math doesnt seem to match up

I get the clothing fairly often but weapons never drop for me so I have no idea.

The drops are 100% random like for a bunch of people got epona off there first time scanning smash link i got the twilight princess body and didnt get epona till about my 8th scan.

Zomba13

I'm 100% sure there is no "save scum protection". The game just reads the data, it doesn't write it. And if you are loading a previous save it doesn't save anything so to the game it is the first time you have scanned it today.

Why? They're just outfits.

Gotta get them all u'kno. But seriously, they should be attainable in the full game either way, by giving them as rewards for completing some quests or by completing other tasks or what not. Having the possibility to get them without amiibos should have been there in the first place.

Forkball

Gotta get them all u'kno. But seriously, they should be attainable in the full game either way, by giving them as rewards for completing some quests or by completing other tasks or what not. Having the possibility to get them without amiibos should have been there in the first place.

I agree with this in that I want all the outfits, but they are largely cosmetic. I believe the Hylian Tunic has the exact same stats. I would rather amiibo be used for things like this than something that majorly affects the game. That said, the fish I'm getting with the Toon Link smash amiibo have been helpful.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Can you only use Amibos at certain points? I registered them but when I use them on the pro controller, nothing happens in game

fernoca

[TW]Stone;231854041 said:
Can you only use Amibos at certain points? I registered them but when I use them on the pro controller, nothing happens in game
Only once a day and need to activate the amiibo rune, use the rune in the game, then place the amiibo.

Haven't gotten a chance to sit down and really play yet, does Wolf amiibo give you anything else besides the companion? Like the others give food or something else besides the treasure.

Zomba13

Haven't gotten a chance to sit down and really play yet, does Wolf amiibo give you anything else besides the companion? Like the others give food or something else besides the treasure.

Wolf Link amiibo just teleports Wolf Link into your game, no added items or anything.

Mr-Joker

Banned
No, this is wrong. All the amiibo table drops have been datamined for days, it's just one site said it'll give the Hylian Shield and a bunch of others copied it (just like what always happens when a game launches and people are desperate to build up pages for people to click on, they copy things other sites have posted)

Nothing drops the Hylian Shield.

I see, then in that case I don't really need to hunt down the Breath of the Wild amiibo and can just wait for the reprints.

They're just cosmetic and are out classed the official green tunic, which looks similar to one of the amiibo tunic, the amiibo tunic cap out at 20 whereas the official one cap out at 28.

Plus the Amiibo tunic are much harder to upgrade as they require 16 star fragments in total, one of the most rarest and random drops in Breath of the Wild.

The only reason why I am wearing the Twilight tunic is because I didn't like the Breath of the Wild tunic and I felt the requirement to get it was ridiculous.

I'm 100% sure there is no "save scum protection". The game just reads the data, it doesn't write it. And if you are loading a previous save it doesn't save anything so to the game it is the first time you have scanned it today.
I dunno, have you tried save scumming the gambler? It's not as easy as it seems like it should be.

[TW]Stone;231856837 said:
So I just got to village where u need to capture 10 chickens. I imagine I haven't seen an amibo rune yet

Um you have to activate it in your options menu it should be at the top "Use amiibo". The rune will become available in your rune selection. Its "off" by default.

What the hell is up with those amiibo prices, it's out of stock everywhere in stores but hey don't worry, there's quite a few sellers ou there ready to rip you off for only 60-80$ for link from the smash bros series. great deal.

Top Bottom