• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King New Zealand introduces new Breakfast Stack sandwich for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

If they dabbled some of this on the sandwich...erryday

maaBSHm.jpg

Troy

Banned
But you put ketchup on a hotdog, That's normal right?

Is it just because its a "breakfast" item that people are suddenly against ketchup?

I don't put ketchup anywhere near a hotdog. That's what mustard is for. Ketchup combined with sausage and an english muffin is a disgusting combo to me. I'm sure it works for some. Ketchup with hash browns and melted sharp cheddar cheese would make me very happy though.

driver116

Ketchup on a bacon sandwich, ketchup on a sausage sandwich, ketchup on a fried egg sandwich - all good in a morning. I usually go for HP sauce for the first two though.

Rocketz

How does all countries have one example of a hot dog then USA has like 15 000?

Cities like to be unique and different with their food. No one wants to be the same.

On topic no you don't ever put ketchup on a breakfast sandwich or any sauce really. Do you cover your omelette in it as well?

Hot sauce or sriracha only.

Troy

Banned
Cities like to be unique and different with their food. No one wants to be the same.

On topic no you don't ever put ketchup on a breakfast sandwich or any sauce really. Do you cover your omelette in it as well?

And let's not forget that some US states are as big or bigger than some countries. Of course there's going to be regional differences in such a densely populated, huge nation.

styl3s

Breakfast sandwiches aren't saucy, period. Maybe a rare bit of hollandaise, but that's what melty cheese is for.

Ketchup and eggs together is something only 5 year olds eat.
I put ketchup on my over easy eggs and i am 31 AND i put ketchup on grilled cheese and mac n cheese.

Come at me brah

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I love steak and eggs, so this would work for me. I haven't put ketchup on my eggs since my dad was alive. He introduced it to me.

I don't necessarily eat breakfast. I use to love potatoe casseroles with lots of eggs and meat, but I haven't eaten that in years.

I really do enjoy those Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches too.

I'm more reluctant to add some hot peppers to that sandwich or some sriracha sauce.

rjinaz

I like ketchup with my eggs. Wouldn't put it on a breakfast sandwich though. That said, I'd order this sandwich and I'm sure I'd like it just fine.

Bry0

You guys want a REAL breakfast sandwich?
A biscuit with a piece of fried chicken on it.
DONE

You didn't end up at the GAF thread that referenced that image? Aww man. ;P

Why? What did I miss?

Edit: actually I remember that thread, but I don't remember any condiment shaming.. Feel free to correct me though

Well.... Not cover it in ketchup, but yea I like to give my omelette aux fromage a good hienz spritzing.

I also put hot sauce on my poutine, come at me Montreal GAF

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
This thread just affirms that there are weird people who find it weird to have ketchup with eggs and breakfast meats. There is a bottle of ketchup in every diner or restaurant when you sit down (except for the really fancy ones). The fact that using ketchup is disgusting or weird to some of you is so god damn odd, but then again we are on NeoGAF and I've seen weird shit here.

To clarify what strikes me as odd is that many of you aren't simply acting like you may dislike ketchup on your food but that the idea of ketchup and breakfast is somehow unimaginable. Do you people live in caves?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ketchup is a pretty common accompaniment to those things, aren't they?

While I'd prefer brown sauce, I share your general bafflement at the reactions to this perfectly common condiment.

Also the correct best breakfast sandwich is:

Soft white roll or "nap"
Black pudding slice (crispy)
Bacon
Fried egg
Brown sauce.

Served with hot cup of tea.

valeo

Difference between Kiwis and Americans:

Kiwis:

PUT SOME TOMATO SAUCE ON IT!

Americans:

PUT SOME CRAPPY MELTED CHEESE ON IT!

AxeMan

If you're putting eggs into a muffin or between some bread/toast you need to add this

FCO_HP_SAUC_-00_HP-Sauce-255g.jpg

The King of Sauce

and then add some of this

preview-red.jpg

Holy shit, why would you put ketchup on something an adult would eat? Jesus, at least leave it off so the lunatics can add it themselves. Vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom