• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a 4K TV for PS4K thread!

chippy13

Has anyone managed to get a KS8000 through the samsung deal if you live in Canada ?
You'd have to pay a boatload for shipping and or mail forwarding + tax+border fees+conversion right ? Has anyone got a KS8000 in Canada from this deal ? What did it end up costing and which services did you use to make the shipping etc happen ?

I ended up getting a UN65KS8000 through Leons. The sales guy told me that they will be going on sale for black friday for $2799 (I know canadian TV prices are crazy) and that I will be able to price match. They have 0% financing as well.

Dingotech

I posted this in the general Pro thread but maybe this was the better thread to ask the below -

Has anybody got experience playing the Pro on a 4K PC monitor? I'm currently playing my gaming consoles on my monitors due to the kids ruling the lounge room most of the time.

I was eye balling the Asus MX27UQ monitor and haven't really been able to find any feedback on using it together with the Pro.

Is anybody using this monitor with the Pro? Is it worth using this type of display when you can't get HDR as well?

What would happen if you ran in 1080P mode on this type of monitor? Is that an option if you wanted to choose higher effects versus resolution?

Whats a comparable T.V that has WCG? trying to keep my purchase around 1200$ Canadian. (Wife will kill me If I spend anymore then that)

Im not sure how prices are in Canada, if you could list some tvs in your price range, i will do my best to help. As far as the ku6300, the PQ is really good for the price, and the contrast is not bad for a led tv.

The difference between even the best IPS panels and VA is something I can't get past. VA is too far superior.

I agree. We have replaced a lot of tvs in our home in the past, the only tv we still have is the Panasonic plasma since the color accuracy, black levels, viewing angle, and contrast are so good. Lots of lcd/led tvs with ips panels just dont cut it for us.

Afrikan

Guys halp! 65 KS8000 or 55 B6?!

C6 for 3D

curve is not that serious.
11826604_lg-c6-oled-4k-hdr-ultra-hd-tv-2016-review_td0bc3213.jpg

LGs_first_Ultra_HD_4K_OLED_TV_comes_to_the_US_next_month-3.jpg

Any thoughts on this deal from Amazon and Best Buy?

Sony XBR55X700D 55-Inch HDR 4K Ultra HD TV (2016 Model) + PlayStation 4 Pro For $999

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M354IAF/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/1...e6a0ecd61be813e5720INT&id=pcmcat1477337825922

Saw it on SlickDeals

If i were you i would see if you can find an amazon warehouse deal. My friend got a 55 inch ku6300 with 2 year warranty for $400. The ku6300 has lower input lag compared to pretty much every tv in its price range. Blu-ray and 4k bluray looks really good, it doesn't have wcg, so hdr content wont look as good as a ks8000. I do not have any experience with this particular sony tv, but i've had the chance to play on a lot of 4k tvs, and the ks8000 and ku6300 were the best as far as input lag.

Madness

Guys halp! 65 KS8000 or 55 B6?!

Depends on what your goal is. Ultimate HDR and 4K viewing or gaming? The B6 is the superior tv but you will be paying more no? Bigger sizes are best for 4K, but it is your call here.

On a related note, just curious why a lot of people are purchasing curved sets. Not the C6 posted above which has 3d and as it is OLED does not suffer from any change in curve in terms of backlighting, but I saw so many purchasing curved versions of the KS8000 aka KS8500. What is the reasoning? All things being equal, I have never seen a curved set best the flat version. Eithee they are equal or worse but almost always never better.

Depends on what your goal is. Ultimate HDR and 4K viewing or gaming? The B6 is the superior tv but you will be paying more no? Bigger sizes are best for 4K, but it is your call here.

On a related note, just curious why a lot of people are purchasing curved sets. Not the C6 posted above which has 3d and as it is OLED does not suffer from any change in curve in terms of backlighting, but I saw so many purchasing curved versions of the KS8000 aka KS8500. What is the reasoning? All things being equal, I have never seen a curved set best the flat version. Eithee they are equal or worse but almost always never better.

I think some people just like the aesthetics, but im not sure. One of my friends picked up a c6 over the b6 for the 3d capabilities. He would of gotten the b6 if it had 3d.

BashNasty

So, I'm thinking about picking up a 60" or 65" KS8000 but Ive got one major question before I do:

For an investment like this, I really want it to last. I want high quality HDR, I want low input lag for games, I want this to be a really, really good TV with no obvious techinical shortcomings. With that in mind is the KS8000 "there" in terms of technology, or should I wait one more cycle (i.e. Next year) for the tech to improve just a bit more?

So is there a notable difference between 60 and 120 Hz for gaming? Decided between either a ku6300 or maybe steping up to a ks8000.

Also considering the Sony X850D but the lack of HDR10 bothers me.

1399 with 11% off additionally. Yes 3d. Game a lot. View off angle often. Mainly fam watching.

Yea not bad dude. You will really enjoy the 3d on this tv. Actually all of the lg sets that have 3d have been really impressive. I personally think the 3d I've seen on lg tvs is better than the 3d in the movie theaters.

Im not too sure about the input lag, since i have not played any games on this tv.

Madness

So is there a notable difference between 60 and 120 Hz for gaming? Decided between either a ku6300 or maybe steping up to a ks8000.

Also considering the Sony X850D but the lack of HDR10 bothers me.

At 4K, no. At 1080p, yes 120hz native refresh is better than 60 hz. But I would say input lag of the set matters most. But if youare gaming at 4k, it is 60hz output. Even people with 4k/30hz sets, just due to the sheer increase in pixels and visual fidelity do not see any real difference with blur.

Also, X850D is HDR10 but does not have the required over 1000 nits for the 2% sustained window to give you the full spec. It is HDR10 and you will still be amazed when you see HDR footage.

I think some people just like the aesthetics, but im not sure. One of my friends picked up a c6 over the b6 for the 3d capabilities. He would of gotten the b6 if it had 3d.

That is exactly what I think is happening. Clever marketing has caused a lot to purchase curved thinking it is better. Aesthetics wise, curved sets also appear thicker and have issues with mounting.

CrocoDuck

Hey guys I need a little bit of advice since I just bought the pro. I'm currently looking at this deal from Samsung on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DUTL4OI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yes, It's 40" and super cheap, but I am not looking for something super-high end; this is strictly a budget buy (I have a small room as well, can't fit big tvs anyway) so I know, and very well aware, that I'm this tv isn't the most top-end.

But I've never really seen TV in 4K, and I am overall very ignorant when it comes to tv, so it would be great for some advice, thanks!

chaosaeon

I ended up getting a UN65KS8000 through Leons. The sales guy told me that they will be going on sale for black friday for $2799 (I know canadian TV prices are crazy) and that I will be able to price match. They have 0% financing as well.

Are you saying you're paying the $2799, or you're able to price match to somewhere else ? What/where are you price matching to ?

Eiji

Hey guys I need a little bit of advice since I just bought the pro. I'm currently looking at this deal from Samsung on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DUTL4OI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Yes, It's 40" and super cheap, but I am not looking for something super-high end; this is strictly a budget buy (I have a small room as well, can't fit big tvs anyway) so I know, and very well aware, that I'm this tv isn't the most top-end.

But I've never really seen TV in 4K, and I am overall very ignorant when it comes to tv, so it would be great for some advice, thanks!

That's the best budget 4K gaming TV you can buy from a reputable brand. I'm using last years model as a PC monitor and am very happy with it. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

If you want a 4K TV which has 10-bit colour and HDR then go for the Sony XBR43X800D.

ZOONAMI

If anyone needs an HDMI 2x1 switch this one appears to support HDR based on the reviews. Since it is a powered switch it should not effect input lag at all.

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=15261&seq=1&format=2

$20, I just ordered one, will update once I have it to confirm if it works. Plan on having XB1S and PS4 share one HDR 4K input and then have my PC on the other for my H8C.

My only other alternative would be to get a new Surround receiver, but I don't want to give up the wireless rears I have with my Sony set up and it would be a hell of a lot more expensive than $20.

I just pulled the trigger on a 65" Samsung KS8000 Through Newegg ($1379)

I know I took a chance this close to Black Friday but I can't imagine it will get much lower than that. (Also this price includes Tax and Shipping)

Can't wait to hook my PS4 Pro up to this bad boy!

CrocoDuck

That's the best budget 4K gaming TV you can buy from a reputable brand. I'm using last years model as a PC monitor and am very happy with it. Go for it, you won't be disappointed.

If you want a 4K TV which has 10-bit colour and HDR then go for the Sony XBR43X800D.

Cool! Thank you so much!

CrocoDuck

Oh yeah, one last question guys. Is there any speacial type of HDMI cable that I need for the 4K tv? The PSpro came with an HDMI 2.0, Is that all I need?

BashNasty

I just pulled the trigger on a 65" Samsung KS8000 Through Newegg ($1379)

I know I took a chance this close to Black Friday but I can't imagine it will get much lower than that. (Also this price includes Tax and Shipping)

Can't wait to hook my PS4 Pro up to this bad boy!

Hmm, how did you find it for that price. The Newegg site is listing 1499 for me.

Gah, you guys are convincing me to get the KS8000. AHHH! THE THIRST IS REAL.

Technology is stressful, it rarely seems like a good time to buy in, cause you know as soon as you do -- it will be obsolete by something else.

From everything I've seen though the KS8000 seems like a safe buy, I think I'm going to do it. In for 65" baby!

ZOONAMI

Technology is stressful, it rarely seems like a good time to buy in, cause you know as soon as you do -- it will be obsolete by something else.

From everything I've seen though the KS8000 seems like a safe buy, I think I'm going to do it. In for 65" baby!

TVs are actually usually a bit better than other stuff, if you buy a good set it should last you 5-10 years much better than a laptop or something else would.

HDR is nice, but honestly if you bought a nice 4k set a couple years ago it's not like you haaaave to upgrade. In another couple years they will be HDR12, or even some other new fangled display tech to tempt people to upgrade, but you'd still be golden with a 2014 higher end 4K set.

TV depreciation is insane though, and they are a pain in the ass to sell because it's not really feasible to ship them, and the bigger sets people need a fucking truck to pick them up.

But yeah KS8000 you should be golden with for a long while.

I watch more movies than gaming, and initially i wanted to wait for dynamic metadata, because i think it will be a huge benefit for movies, but i couldnt wait and ordered a 55 ks8000 for my room.

BillyJack

Banned
please lets not shit up the thread.

The quality of the tv has already been proven on just about every site possible, and it is recommended here. What else you want?

There's a huge thread on this tv over at avsforums.com and most comments are very positive on this tv. That community is especially obsessed with picture quality and such so I trust the consensus there. Seriously for this price I don't think you can do better.

Hey sorry no offense meant. I just had really never heard of them

ZOONAMI

Oh yeah, one last question guys. Is there any speacial type of HDMI cable that I need for the 4K tv? The PSpro came with an HDMI 2.0, Is that all I need?

Yeah the included cable will work.

Generally speaking an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable. All of the cables I have are not specifically "HDMI 2.0" cables, except for the one that came with my XB1S I guess, but random ones all support 4k 60hz, 444 with my PC.

HDMI cables do start to get old though and then they start to get wonky. Have had a couple that start to do weird horizontal scan line type stuff over the years.

Ok, so anyone with the un49js8000?

I have a 55h8c which I like a lot but the main negative is it only has 2 hdr inputs.

I could get an open box 49js8000 from best buy for $800.

I'm just not sure if spending an additional $300 is worth it for 6 inches less screen size.

Any one have direct experience with both the 49js8000 and the hisense h8c?

Is there a dramatic difference as far as pq, colors, contrast? The Hisense has very good pq and blacks/contrast, but color gamut is not quite as wide.

If anyone has experience with both is there a dramatic enough difference to justify $300 more and a smaller screen?

I have literally the exact same question. Thoughts anyone? Honestly I'm thinking the Samsung might be worth it. But at 6" less I'm hesitant.

MilesTeg

Banned
The hicense 55 inch, is the input lag that bad? A review on best buy says that when gaming at 4k the input lag is 65ms. I assume this would be an issue playing on the pro?

A PS4 Pro with the Sony 700d would cost me $880 after ps4 trade in, while the hicense and pro would cost me $750 (would trade in ps4 at gamestop, they offer 150 vs best buys 120).

I have literally the exact same question. Thoughts anyone? Honestly I'm thinking the Samsung might be worth it. But at 6" less I'm hesitant.

That's a tough one. It's hard to go back to a smaller screen size. I mean if you had a 50" going to a 47", that would be ok, but a 55" down to 49" would be harder to deal with. I say you check it out in person and see if the PQ is worth it or not.

The hicense 55 inch, is the input lag that bad? A review on best buy says that when gaming at 4k the input lag is 65ms. I assume this would be an issue playing on the pro?

A PS4 Pro with the Sony 700d would cost me $880 after ps4 trade in, while the hicense and pro would cost me $750 (would trade in ps4 at gamestop, they offer 150 vs best buys 120).

It depends on how sensitive you are to input lag. What tv are you currently using?
Look up your current model on displaylag, and see what your current input lag is.

ZOONAMI

I may not be very sensitive to input lag but I haven't noticed it. Rtings input lag #s

1080p @ 60Hz Show Help : 32.1 ms
1080p With Interpolation Show Help : 48.8 ms
1080p @ 60Hz Outside Game Mode Show Help : 48.8 ms
1080p @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 Show Help : 32.1 ms
4k @ 60Hz Show Help : 51.0 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 Show Help : 51.0 ms
4k @ 60Hz + HDR Show Help : 53.5 ms
4k @ 60Hz @ 4:4:4 + HDR Show Help : 53.5 ms

Top Bottom