• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've done a really good job at characterizing Cap as the conscience of the Marvel universe. Totally on his side because it's sort of impossible not to be, he's basically by definition always right.

Slayven

They've done a really good job at characterizing Cap as the conscience of the Marvel universe. Totally on his side because it's sort of impossible not to be, he's basically by definition always right.
Not always, Zemo proved him wrong before.
And Black Panther.

Tobor

Chris Evans sells it so well. He IS Captain America. If he gave me an order, I'd get busy.

Dalek

My friend worked at a college bookstore a while back and she said RDJ came in with his young son and they were looking for Pokemon cards. She said RDJ was the nicest guy in the world, and he was completely into his son's hobbies and spending time with him-they were opening up the packs and RDJ was saying things like "No, you already have this Steelix..." He apparently knew all the Pokemon names.

Sounds like a cool guy to me.

Wazzy

Banned
So what costume do you think Cap and Iron Man will have in this film?

I kind of hope they attempt the scale look for Cap.
this has been... disappointing to learn about RDJ.
It was pretty disappointing when I first learned about it. Even worse, Anthony Mackie was my favourite new comer and he just recently said some super offensive stuff.

I almost want to stay ignorant about actors :lol

LaNaranja

Cap is a total jabroni. Remember when he was getting his ass kicked by Loki only for Iron Man to one shot him?

Team Stark.

funny-avengers-gif-gangnam.gif

Wazzy

Banned
Cap is a total jabroni. Remember when he was getting his ass kicked by Loki only for Iron Man to one shot him?

Team Stark.

funny-avengers-gif-gangnam.gif
Where is that gif from?
Why? Because he must conclude liberalism is the correct political ideology in order for him to be a decent human being?

I hate reading stuff like this.
Yeah because not supporting 50% of the population having equal rights is such a decent human thing.

Like him if you want, others are perfectly in the right to find those qualities bad.

So what costume do you think Cap and Iron Man will have in this film?

I kind of hope they attempt the scale look for Cap.

It was pretty disappointing when I first learned about it. Even worse, Anthony Mackie was my favourite new comer and he just recently said some super offensive stuff.

I don't really care about RDJ Being Libertarian or Conservative or whatever he is. But I just looked up those Anthony Mackie stuff, and wow. He's gross.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Is this the same RDJ who DEMANDED all the Avengers (yes, even the female one) get pay-rises or he'd walk on Avengers 2? The same RDJ who scored Gwyneth Paltrow a role in The Avengers when she wasn't planned to be there? And the same RDJ who could've vetoed Pepper's more active role in Iron Man 3, and didn't?

Dude's an ass.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

Ugggggh, don't tell me about it. I love Justified and I recently learned about Nick Searcy's batshit Twitter rant. Not good.

guek

Banned
Are we talking about Mackie's dreadlock comments? I don't have an issue with that at all.
Yeah I'm kinda confused over the controversy. Be careful how you present yourself because profiling is a real and potentially dangerous outcome. I can't watch the actual interview right now but I don't see how that's so offensive.

LaNaranja

Off-topic but Wendy Williams is a pretty entertaining show. How you doin'? Anyway Mackie has said some dumb stuff but nothing too crazy. He was clearly hamming it up with Wendy, same as Downey did in his interview that people are taking too seriously. I bet his wife beat his ass for those comments when he got home.

Anyway you guys are going to flip your shit when you find out he is ok with the NSA looking through everything with the "if you have nothing to hide" argument.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mor4G6zXF_o

Cap all day everyday.

Anyway, what is the deal with Agent 13/Sharon Carter?

She's never named as Sharon Carter in the film (those scenes got deleted or weren't filmed), so she isn't canonically Sharon Carter until specifically named as such, I'm pretty sure.

Wazzy

Banned
It's not just the sandwich comments which even if you wanna play up as joking, it's not funny. He also was defending the lack of diversity for minorities in Hollywood. Also the dreadlocks comment is gross for that fact it's victim blaming based off appearance.
Ugggggh, don't tell me about it. I love Justified and I recently learned about Nick Searcy's batshit Twitter rant. Not good.
Look it killed me too :( but i can turn a blind eye when I look up Marvel stuff and see these things ; ;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg_Hpu7FHZc

Has he ever mentioned it outside of that interview where he was joking around saying he had a huge dick and Iron Man was a documentary?
To be fair, I don't think so however he's never said he was joining and he got a bit of backlash from it.

If he went back on it, I'd be super happy.

guek

Banned
I'm kinda worried about Zemo. With all the drama surrounding Bucky and the fight with Stark, there's a chance Zemo won't be properly represented. I guess I'm just worried about possible bloat.

I'm aware that scenes were *shot* including the Sharon Carter stuff, but she had the majority of her subplot edited out from CA:TWS, which indicates that, if anything, Marvel does *not* have future plans for her. I'm sure she's there in the wings in case they feel like bringing her back and making that stuff explicit, just like the Leader post-Incredible Hulk, but that doesn't mean it's actually likely to happen.

If it's not confirmed in film, it's not canonically in the universe yet.

Wazzy

Banned
It's crazy to think we'll basically be getting another Avengers movie from this.

All dem superheroessssss

Gartooth

I'm aware that scenes were *shot* including the Sharon Carter stuff, but she had the majority of her subplot edited out from CA:TWS, which indicates that, if anything, Marvel does *not* have future plans for her. I'm sure she's there in the wings in case they feel like bringing her back and making that stuff explicit, just like the Leader post-Incredible Hulk, but that doesn't mean it's actually likely to happen.

If it's not confirmed in film, it's not canonically in the universe yet.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck.

NastyBook

I want this more than Avengers 2 at this point. Cap 2 was that fucking good.
Yep, Cap 2 left me spellbound after I first watched it. It really is that damn good. Soundtrack was the icing on the cake. Steve's theme when he escapes S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ and Civil Wars that jet is one the best scenes in Marvel film history.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is probably a duck.

I'm not saying it's out of the question that she'll be brought back and confirmed to be Sharon Carter, just that it's equally possible that she just won't ever appear again in any Marvel films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom