• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

The Brawl mode is really good. I know this is the deals thread but it's a great value at £29.99. You'll be able to get it next year probably. They might introduce vintage item tags like Team Fortress 2 though.

Hasney

I don't want to miss the halloween stuff is the problem.

Looking at the usual comparison places, it's £42 cheapest at Amazon UK. The events probably give the game a bump in sales so retailers are comfortable keeping the price up right now and not having stock sitting around.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone used a 5% code on cdkeys recently? Trying to buy PSN credit and keep getting coupon code not valid.
I did just yesterday. Didn't work as guest, I had to create an account and log in.

illusionary

Has anyone used a 5% code on cdkeys recently? Trying to buy PSN credit and keep getting coupon code not valid.

Yeah, as Clown_im_OP says, make sure that you're logged in. If that still doesn't work, the code may have expired (they only last for a few minutes, IIRC), so try requesting the code again for the latest one.

Danj

Any suggestions on where to find Move controllers (UK, but don't mind importing)

Yep I'd also like to know this, I noticed CEX jacked up their prices for second hand ones after PSVR's release so it's almost as cheap to get brand new now.

Storm360

Yep I'd also like to know this, I noticed CEX jacked up their prices for second hand ones after PSVR's release so it's almost as cheap to get brand new now.

Its just finding the brand new ones that I'm having troubles with. Everywhere is out of stock both retail and online

stalker

I just saw physical editions of the resident evil remasters of 4, 5 and 6 for PS4 on amazon spain. Have these been announced?

sphinx

the piano man
Belgium / Netherlands

PS4 Pro

https://www.gamemania.be/info/inruilactiePS4Pro
https://www.gamemania.nl/info/inruilactiePS4Pro

Until December 4, you can trade your old PS4 or an Xbox One to get a PS4 Pro much cheaper.

New prices:

€199 after trading in a PS4 1 TB
€249 after trading in a PS4 500 GB
€249 after trading in an Xbox One 1 TB
€279 after trading in an Xbox One 500 GB

Germany-GAF, is there a trade-in plan here for us?? I'd be willing to consider an upgrade if I could make it reasonable

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I just saw physical editions of the resident evil remasters of 4, 5 and 6 for PS4 on amazon spain. Have these been announced?

What are the changes to RE5 and 6? Is it just a port, or did they do something with them?

Physical editions of RE 4,5,6 have been available for ages. I have a physical copy of resident evil 4 right here.

Where could I order Pokemon Sun/Moon from to guarantee a launch day delivery? (Ireland) I have the steelbooks on pre order, but I need the game for launch.

Physical editions of RE 4,5,6 have been available for ages. I have a physical copy of resident evil 4 right here.

Where could I order Pokemon Sun/Moon from to guarantee a launch day delivery? (Ireland) I have the steelbooks on pre order, but I need the game for launch.

Those are the American releases I think, they haven't been released officially in eu(or the UK at least)

deadfolk

Cheapest I've found it GameStop's old PS3 move stock

Yeah, I'm hesitant to buy used due to potential battery problems. I don't need them just yet, as I don't have a PS4 until the pro arrives, so I've back-ordered from Amazon and if I see some for the more realistic (but still ridiculous) price that most places are charging (€80) in the meantime, I'll jump on it.

Storm360

Yeah, I'm hesitant to buy used due to potential battery problems. I don't need them just yet, as I don't have a PS4 until the pro arrives, so I've back-ordered from Amazon and if I see some for the more realistic (but still ridiculous) price that most places are charging (€80) in the meantime, I'll jump on it.

They're new controllers, just PS3 stock, but if you don't have PS4/PSVR yet no need to order.

ty_hot

Game ES had an awesome trade in program: old PS4 500gb + 50 euros for a Slim 1TB.

Unfortunately they owudlnt take my old PS4 1tb, maybe for the Pro they will have something like that.

AerialAir

Banned
Game ES had an awesome trade in program: old PS4 500gb + 50 euros for a Slim 1TB.

Unfortunately they owudlnt take my old PS4 1tb, maybe for the Pro they will have something like that.

Don't get me wrong but you're just paying +50€ for a bit smaller machine without an optical audio port. You do get a brand new machine though.

Adryuu

Don't get me wrong but you're just paying +50€ for a bit smaller machine without an optical audio port. You do get a brand new machine though.

I'd be paying 50 Euro for renewing my guarantee period, plus 500GB of hdd more, and less noise and power consumption. Where the fuck do I sign up??

If they come up with something good for Pro I might even bite. But I'd have been ok with that slim deal, had I noticed it on time. The 500 additional gb alone make the deal valid, in standard pricing terms.

Not to mention, as you say, a brand new machine, but also a CLEAN one.

mclem

So... it appears there's a branch of CEX opening near me (in Oxford) in a while. What are they like these days? I've ordered from them online a long time ago (for old stuff), but don't know how good their stores are for stock of older stuff in general these days, along with how the prices compete with GAME on the high street (since it'll be basically within sight of my nearest GAME branch!)

So... it appears there's a branch of CEX opening near me (in Oxford) in a while. What are they like these days? I've ordered from them online a long time ago (for old stuff), but don't know how good their stores are for stock of older stuff in general these days, along with how the prices compete with GAME on the high street (since it'll be basically within sight of my nearest GAME branch!)

Answer is... depends. If something is highly valued and sought after - say a PS4 or the latest Super Smash Bros - they can still charge a hefty premium compared to some other secondhand retailers. GPUs are almost certainly more expensive than they are new . However, its where I got my CPU for cheaper than its retail value (though I am regretting it either way because of its limits compared to an Intel model), and grabbed the Castle of Cagliostro Blu-Ray for less than what the DVD alone would have cost me online. So it depends on what you're after - it may cost an arm and a leg, or you could save a fair bit.

oni-link

Where is the best place to buy physical last gen games? Amazon seems kind of all over the place and I don't always like the quality of the cases in CEX

Answer is... depends. If something is highly valued and sought after - say a PS4 or the latest Super Smash Bros - they can still charge a hefty premium compared to some other secondhand retailers. GPUs are almost certainly more expensive than they are new . However, its where I got my CPU for cheaper than its retail value (though I am regretting it either way because of its limits compared to an Intel model), and grabbed the Castle of Cagliostro Blu-Ray for less than what the DVD alone would have cost me online. So it depends on what you're after - it may cost an arm and a leg, or you could save a fair bit.

Thing with CEX is that while their prices are higher, you're not really *supposed* to go in and just buy stuff. Their trade-in prices are better than GAME in general and so you can get some reasonable deals by trading old stuff.

Obviously with a GAME nearby you can price-match when CEX open and get £1 on top of what CEX offer on current gen stuff, which is pretty nice.

Hesemonni

Banned
(Still Finland only) This deal can get even better! Add FIFA 17 to the cart and the price DROPS to €202!

That's PS4 Slim 1TB + FIFA 17 + Battlefield 1 for €202. Finally Finland gets a great deal in something!
A bit less surprisingly MY order was of course cancelled, but I've heard some people getting theirs shipped. Oh well :/

timewyrm

Do we ever get good deals in UK for Halloween or black Friday? I'm thinking about getting a few games but not sure whether to wait until then. Mind you, then it'll be Xmas... Waiting is so hard and so trying to be stingy.

Do we ever get good deals in UK for Halloween or black Friday? I'm thinking about getting a few games but not sure whether to wait until then. Mind you, then it'll be Xmas... Waiting is so hard and so trying to be stingy.

Don't think I've ever soon a good BF deal in UK. Amazon is a shitshow of raising prices so can discount them to pretty much what they were anyway, not to mention that shitty lightning deal system they use, other places seem to just hold prices higher for a while and then do what would be a natural drop in price anyway.

timewyrm

Don't think I've ever soon a good BF deal in UK. Amazon is a shitshow of raising prices so can discount them to pretty much what they were anyway, not to mention that shitty lightning deal system they use, other places seem to just hold prices higher for a while and then do what would be a natural drop in price anyway.

Yeah plus the earlier time for prime members.

Just seems like all the games in interested in have suddenly gone up in price. Ratchet and clank for example was 15 squids everywhere, but now it's practically shot up to 25.

Tbh, had enough of paying over the top prices for digital, when I can get the same for half price as physical. Kids can buy their own copies now lol.

Haven't bought any games physically this gen so a bit out of touch.

Slightly OP, but does anyone know how to use a Gift Card on Game.co.uk website for pre-orders?
Used to be able to add another (in stock) product, go into the Checkout section, apply the Gift Card and then remove the other in stock product.
But since their re-design it won't allow this.

Slightly OP, but does anyone know how to use a Gift Card on Game.co.uk website for pre-orders?
Used to be able to add another (in stock) product, go into the Checkout section, apply the Gift Card and then remove the other in stock product.
But since their re-design it won't allow this.

I don't think it's possible, made a trade in once and was baffled as to why I couldn't use a gift card to pay for a preorder. Still don't understand why they won't allow it.

Top Bottom