• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago woman arrested for threatening Denny's waitress over unlimited pancake policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
VvxGlpJ.png
Lol

Dennis

Banned
I was at an IHOP a while back and they called the Cops on some customers who refused to leave.

It was a man and woman and the lady was going nuts saying that she is a paying customer and they can't make her leave. Meanwhile, the guy was begging her to calm down and leave. He kept saying "I don't wanna go back to jail!"

Eventually the lady realized she was in fact about to meet with the cops and got her wits about her and promptly left.

The whole situation lasted probly 20 minutes and I felt horrible for the waitress having to deal with it. She got a pretty hefty tip from me.

Personally I found the whole thing quite humorous and it made my meal even more enjoyable.
2ratchet4me

That's a really dumb policy.

Wow this is pretty ignorant, why should $4 feed everyone. Lol imagine taking a classroom of kids and having them all eat for $4? I would like to see you run a business with this kind of policy and see how long you last.

Obligatory Pun: Sounds like this woman just flipped out!

Dennis

Banned
hugocésar;185754725 said:
I'd be mad too. What a dumb policy. It's your food, you paid for it, you do whatever you want with it.

lol wut

Yeah, that is why I go to an all you can eat buffet and expect to get food enough for me and my homies to last me a week. "Yo, I brought cooler boxes."

This is why we can't have nice things. Because some people are jerks.

Tagyhag

I'd be mad too. What a dumb policy. It's your food, you paid for it, you do whatever you want with it.

Why not go to a buffet with a family of 10 and feed everyone by getting them food with your ticket?

i don't think they make pancakes delicious enough to conuterbalance being arrested over some fucking pancakes.

and all-you-can-eat means just that. YOU. the one person that paid for all YOU can eat. not all you and your friends can eat for one fee...

That's a really dumb policy.

Well, I have just seen everything today. Business 101: don't leave a loophole large enough in you all-you-can-eat promotion to bankrupt you when the entire neighborhood comes in for struggle pancakes for $4 total.

OT is tripping today.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

It requires so little thought to realize why what you are saying is ridiculous.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Look at those American struggle pancakes. All bread, no payoff.

Give me a paper-thin crepe with Nutella any day.

Crepes are crap. Seriously, there's nothing to them. Such a boring and overrated food.

Waffles>Pancakes>>>>>>>>>>Napkin>>>Crepes.

Also, nutella isn't that great either.

Yeah I went there

Frog-fu

Banned
Look at those American struggle pancakes. All bread, no payoff.

Give me a paper-thin crepe with Nutella any day.

Was with you until the Nutella part.

FUCK Nutella and FUCK the overstayed Nutella craze. Sick of Nutella junkies acting like it's the nectar of the gods. Shit is too sweet and ruins the taste of pancakes and crepes. FUCK IT.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Was with you until the Nutella part.

FUCK Nutella and FUCK the overstayed Nutella craze. Sick of Nutella junkies acting like it's the nectar of the gods. Shit is too sweet and ruins the taste of pancakes and crepes. FUCK IT.

Word. Crepes are still shite though.

Jarmel

Banned
I have to imagine those pancakes are the nastiest shit on the face of the earth if they're offering all you can eat for $4.

malfcn

Yes, I have and I always share with whomever I'm with. Of course I'm not talking about sharing with big groups because that's absurd but one other person? c'mon.

Are you sharing all you can eat plates, or a single serving?

Yes, I have and I always share with whomever I'm with. Of course I'm not talking about sharing with big groups because that's absurd but one other person? c'mon.

Come the fuck on. You can't share an all you can eat meal. Who the fuck doesn't know this, and who the fuck wouldn't understand why?

It's four dollars... per person, for all you can eat. It's not the same as splitting a dish.

way more

Ughhh. I'm watching this, but what the hell is with the jankiness of the camera? It's like it was filmed in 16-18fps.

Edit: Finished, even with the horrible fps, this show is amazing. Thankfully the rest of them are much smoother.

Full episode here. http://www.cc.com/full-episodes/5rul5c/review-pancakes--divorce--pancakes-season-1-ep-103 If you thought 15 pancakes was bad wait till you see what he does next!

That link requires a cable account to sign in. If you don't have that you will have to find somewhere that hosts the show online, that show being: Review s01e03.

dr_evil_1.jpg

Sakura

So you would expect to be able to go to an all you can eat place with a group of people, pay for just yourself, and give your food to every one?
o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom