• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chicago woman arrested for threatening Denny's waitress over unlimited pancake policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobawesome

Why didn't she go to http://www.mhenry.net/

20120213-192790-Chicago-Pancake-Roundup-Best-of-M-Henry-Blackberry-Blisscake-Mascarpone-Granola.jpg

That's where anyone who knows anything about food would go. That women knows nothing.

Do all people who know a lot about food make doodoo dogs?

Chuckie

ww2 is over, europe, u can use normal amounts of batter to make your pancakes instead of the thin sheets you struggle with

Here in Holland we have 3 versions:

Crepe: The really thin one, usually for dessert

Pannenkoek (pancake Dutch style): A lot bigger but still thin compared to an American pancake

'Drie in de pan' (Three in a pan): An old fashioned Dutch recipe, that is almost forgotten, which is actually really similar to American style pancakes.

blueberry-2.jpg

Psxphile

I don't go to Dennys' often enough. $4 unlimited pancakes, you say...

Guess I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow.

Apt101

Damn, to have that reaction because someone tells you you can't share your $4 food. I love how the mug shots of people who explode at restaurants is always all disheveled. Makes me giggle.

Yes, I have and I always share with whomever I'm with. Of course I'm not talking about sharing with big groups because that's absurd but one other person? c'mon.

Are you being serious? How do you not see why a place would not want you sharing a ALL YOU CAN EAT plate with another person. I mean...sit back and think about it for a second.

Jinaar

"What do you mean I can't put all these pancakes into my tupper ware containers and keep asking for more? I paid $4!!!! FREEEEDOMMMMMMM!"

Diablos

All you can eat = you. Not your friends or family.

That being said, Denny's is American dining at its worst. I have not been there in 4 years. I'm keeping it that way.

That lady is an idiot. Lock her up and throw away the key. She'll probably do something dumb during processing (i.e. striking an officer) and this will be the start of one of those stories where she spends the rest of her life in jail.

8byte

Banned
Yes, I have and I always share with whomever I'm with. Of course I'm not talking about sharing with big groups because that's absurd but one other person? c'mon.

So a business should effectively double the size of the order for $4, thus losing more?

C'mon.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I guess I'm not judging the women as only being able to afford $4 dollar cakes based on her picture. I assume she could eat what ever pancakes she wants in the city without having to conform to the expectations of others.

Her picture? How about the news story where she spazzed out and started hitting people over $4 and got herself arrested?

Some people, man....

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Because of the internet we can actually see what it is like for a person to eat so many pancakes. Is it enjoyable, is it hell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uloT8V6Skgk

Back in college we went to an all you can eat pancake thing at Golden Griddle. I think they managed to eat like 16 pancakes each. But really, by the 8th pancake, they stopped bothering to cook them properly. It was like eating warm dough.

lol wut

Yeah, that is why I go to an all you can eat buffet and expect to get food enough for me and my homies to last me a week. "Yo, I brought cooler boxes."

This is why we can't have nice things. Because some people are jerks.

Sharing is caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom