• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cinderella Girls |OT| A perfect fit for anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phew, ranked 96371 with 24735 points, top 100k was less than 200 points lower. If I hadn't made the decision to use another stamina drink and crank out 1 more Android in the dying moments I'd have been out.

Although not missing out on the Level Up energy is definitely going to be a hurdle, I felt like everyone gained a lot of free points just because of that.

Still, because of the time investment I'll probably only try to reach that 15k point milestone for the double SR in the future, although I haven't heard that much good things about Miho(?), at least compared to the other SR.

I'm only going to tier if the special SR is either really good or just a nice looking card.

Likewise, honestly the event burnt me out and it'll only be tougher in the future with less chance to abuse producer level ups for free stamina recharges. If an idol I like is the 100k reward I'll just blow a bunch of jewels and save the struggle, otherwise the double SR goal is good enough.

It pretty clearly says "Event" in katakana, so it's pretty OK to assume that it's probably an event :)

A6E8Er5.gif

It might not be an event like the current one, graphics from the menus were leaked on Twitter the other day that seemed to suggest there was going to be a campaign that has something to do with the gacha and the reward would be a Nina SR. Maybe a combination of a bunch of things going on for the next "event"?

The tweet and reddit post were deleted, but the Imgur link wasn't.

The same person also posted these menu visuals:

Barely made it at 95103 with 24802. I didn't even expect to rank, since I was fine with all the free jewels from the event that got me to my fourth 10-pull (absolutely zero new Rs or SRs, was a huge disappointment). Next event will probably be harder with less free stamina level ups. Better save up some drinks then.

CoinArt

My first SSR. My Passion team is now hands down strongest, with her and 4 SRs, I have an all-SR Cute team, and yet I'm still rocking Rs only for Cool.

Sadly, that's likely the last of the easy star jewels for me, since I made healer teams for the Master songs I couldn't previously clear. Ah well, it won't be much longer before I have enough google survey bucks to buy more jewels for the once-a-day draws.

I'm probably going to sit whatever event's coming as well. Maki, you understand.

Kikirin

Final Standings:
  • Song - 5061st
  • Event - 18954th
The Costs:
  • all accumulated stamina drinks
  • 100 jewels
  • sanity and energy, particularly for the day after event end
The Squad - Cute type, Dance emphasis:
  • SR Frederica (Center)
  • SR Miku
  • SR Miho
  • R Nana
  • R Azuki
  • Featured Guest: SSR Miku
  • Support: including but not limited to SSR Ranko x2, SR Miho #2, SR Aiko, SR Airi, R Frederica, R Mayu, R Sae
This was my first (and hopefully last) time aiming for a high-ish tier and staying awake up to the end of an event. Aside from some inefficient last-minute usage of jewels for stamina (didn't get to use it all before event end) and sub-optimal token gain (didn't stick to only 19 stamina songs) and usage (a few event song runs to get the Pro FC, early non-S score Master runs), that was played about as well as it could've. No regrets going all-out for this - at least, as all-out as a cheapskate free player can comfortably get - since a lack of later level ups plus more SSRs for whales to accumulate would mean a much harder time ranking as high again.

Unfortunately, I got edged out of the Top 5000 for song score during the final hour. SSRs too strong for a weaker squad, even with RNGesus.

New event stuff has leaked, looks like a multitude of things will be occurring over the next few weeks. First bit will have Syoko and Haruna cards up for grabs, then there will be an SSR Minami in the gacha, a new song, half stamina period and an event on the 23rd with Kaede and Ranko cards up for grabs. I think it is safe to assume that Nation Blue is going to be up next with this lineup.

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarlightStage/comments/3nsiur/new_cards/

If it is Nation Blue then I'm both happy and sad, it's my favourite CG song but as the previous event has shown it seems event songs won't remain playable in the game afterwards.

Ok,so the new event is up. Basically over the event you get a bonus R and SR idol drop from songs and there are 3 new cards for the event (SR Syoko, SR Honoka and a R Kotoko) which only can be dropped. Each day has a specific type affinity and songs of that type have a much higher drop chance on the day, center idol star rank also has an effect on the drop rates.

Don't worry about grinding though, the drop rates seem to be astronomical with a high star rate lead. After two plays of S(mile)ING! on Master with a 6 star Mayu lead I got both Syoko and Honoka.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've managed to get one of the SRs and quite a few of the event R now. Maybe I'll eventually get enough of that R to get something better than a 5 star card ha ha.

Rarutos

I got Honoka already myself! One of my friends got her on her first song last night, lol. I'd be happy if I even get one of each of the events, let alone multiples to raise Star Ranks!

I wonder if playing on higher difficulties raise the drop rate at all, or if it would be better to spam debut songs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got Honoka already myself! One of my friends got her on her first song last night, lol. I'd be happy if I even get one of each of the events, let alone multiples to raise Star Ranks!

I got Honoka over a year ago. Was my first card…

…wait. Wrong idol game.

Rarutos

I got Honoka over a year ago. Was my first card…

…wait. Wrong idol game.

I'd make a joke about how Umi was my first card over a year ago but the iM@S Umi is in Million Live lol

I'm rather amused that there's an Ayase Honoka and a Kousaka Umi in iM@S though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there a way to trade idols in this game?

Not that I know of. They want to encourage people spending money to get the cards they want. That would be ruined if they allowed people to swap unwanted cards for wanted cards.

Sakura

Not that I know of. They want to encourage people spending money to get the cards they want. That would be ruined if they allowed people to swap unwanted cards for wanted cards.

You could do it in the original Cinderella Girls :(
And honestly I'd be more willing to spend money if I could trade the cards I got and didn't want, for cards that I do want.

Shun

You could do it in the original Cinderella Girls :(
And honestly I'd be more willing to spend money if even if I didn't get the ones I wanted I could always try trading them for something I do want.

Yeah trading in Mobage Cinderella Girls was good.

But the rates were so much bullshit before they fixed them. There were weeks in a row where the only thing I would have gotten was Mio. It was truly suffering. I guess being easier to get rarer cards makes up for no trading?

I wish they'd do a Million Live version. I enjoyed Gree ML more than Mobage CG. I like 765 more too.

I'd like for them to at least offer the option to trade in unwanted SRs or Rs and a bunch of jewels for a chance to re-roll for something else. I'm sitting on 2 SR Kaoru that I outright refuse to ever use along with some Koume and Honaka dupes, it's a waste to sell/merge them but it's also a waste of space to keep them when you only have 100 (free) slots.

Bannam decided to up the bullshit in dere stage with Trancing Pulse.

Trancing Pulse Master.
More Trancing Pulse Master

I know it is altered speed but fuck this. I thought I was good perfecting engel. Shit's worse than Anzu no Uta...

Fuck off Namco. The skill gap between Pro and Master is ridiculous, players that aren't superhuman are completely stuck playing baby mode (Pro) for half of the song selection. Almost all of those rapid notes in Trancing Pulse aren't even matched up to the music.

Shun

Master isn't too difficult to clear at least until you hit the 27 star threshold, then it gets much more difficult compared to under 27.

Adjusting speed and timing can help, but I tend to just keep it on default settings.

LEGNE is the only 27 star song I was able to perfect. S Ranking is definitely easier than Full Combo tho.

You just really need to mind your idol's individual skills and the center's skills. A lot of cards have the auto-perfect and regain life skills so make use of those to scum full combos and perfects.

DiGiKerot

Fuck off Namco. The skill gap between Pro and Master is ridiculous, players that aren't superhuman are completely stuck playing baby mode (Pro) for half of the song selection. Almost all of those rapid notes in Trancing Pulse aren't even matched up to the music.

I kind of wonder if they even expect the superhumans who aren't playing on a tablet to actually be able to clear that...

Master isn't too difficult to clear at least until you hit the 27 star threshold, then it gets much more difficult compared to under 27.

I'd argue 26 is threshold, from that point onwards the songs are basically impossible if you're stuck on an old device like myself. The sheer number of notes thrown at once causes enough slowdown that I just have to mash and pray that RNG counts enough as Great/Perfect to let me even reach the end with a C.

I kind of wonder if they even expect the superhumans who aren't playing on a tablet to actually be able to clear that...

I feel like these Master full combo videos are always being played on an iPad Air or iPhone 6, you never see anything else.

Kikirin

Bannam decided to up the bullshit in dere stage with Trancing Pulse.

Trancing Pulse Master.
More Trancing Pulse Master

I know it is altered speed but fuck this. I thought I was good perfecting engel. Shit's worse than Anzu no Uta...

I like the sound of the song! It's also nice to see the difficulty for tap sequences being pushed since they're rarely more complex than 16th notes for a couple beats, but boo to those drag notes! Especially the ones at around 1:57 - I have a hard enough time with Engel and Ponkotsu Android's drags.

I can never get those zigzag slider notes to register right - I always miss a few. Is there a secret to hitting them perfectly that I'm missing? Or is it because I'm stopping at the end markers and not going past them?

I think that if I can figure those out, I can actually start to attempt more Master songs without failing horribly. Fast hitting sections I can handle after playing a song at least 3 times (Stepmania graduate here). Off beat parts are a bit difficult, but manageable somewhat. And I manage this somehow while keeping to thumbs only (playing on iPad mini 2).

Kikirin

I can never get those zigzag slider notes to register right - I always miss a few. Is there a secret to hitting them perfectly that I'm missing? Or is it because I'm stopping at the end markers and not going past them?

I usually have this same problem, resulting in said problems on Engel and Ponkotsu Android. Following through past the end markers definitely feels like it helps, as does angling your fingers more perpendicular to the screen to reduce drag friction.

Echoing the posts above me, overshoot each swipe. They're far more lenient than you'd expect, the only hard part about the sliders is trying to decipher where exactly the game is asking you to swipe.

Like this unreadable mess.

Kikirin

Echoing the posts above me, overshoot each swipe. They're far more lenient than you'd expect, the only hard part about the sliders is trying to decipher where exactly the game is asking you to swipe.

I have the opposite problem - I know exactly what it's wanting me to do, rhythmically, but it feels like it isn't very generous when it comes to parsing the input. Swipes and quick drags in one direction are lenient enough, but I have no clue what the game wants from me for zig-zags like that and in Engel. ^^;

Shun

If you're having too much trouble with timing, change your idol units with skills that give you perfects every 8 seconds.

You can scum through it so long as you don't miss them.

You just need to keep practicing and drag your finger consistently. I play jubeat on my iPhone so I'm used to using both fingers and thumbs. At a certain point, using thumbs is just a handicap on yourself.

I've been saving all my jewels for this, an event with 3 of my 5 favourite CG girls is something I can't miss out on - particularly since I don't have a Kaede SR.

omlet

Is this one gonna be structured like the Ponkatsu Android event? Unfortunately my blue team is pretty weak so if it's that kind of event I think I will be stuck grinding Pro songs only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom