• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud announced for Smash Bros

well that was in deed a surprise

i guess all i'm gonna say is that i hope he gets an Alt based on his kingdom hearts design

latest

ZangBa

That's cool AF even if it makes no sense, what a great trailer, too. Probably the best character reveal trailer I've ever seen.

I wish it was Cecil, though. Cecil makes more sense, plus he's cool AF.

Can't wait for Goku, Shrek and John Cena.

Despite my general dislike of guest characters, I think a Final Fantasy rep in Smash is a good idea. Nintendo and Final Fantasy used to have a very strong connection. That being said, I think selecting Cloud is a lazy and disingenuous choice. His links to any Nintendo systems are quite tenuous and it was most likely done to promote SE as opposed to celebrate any facet of Nintendo history. Should of been Terra or Cecil, as they definitely have the strongest ties to Nintendo history.

But I'm not gonna complain on and on about it, it's done. I'm not really that upset by it (I'm more upset we didn't get any other character confirmations today) and I know there's lots of people that will be happy with this, so congrats to them.

Striek

This was a legit shock. Megaton.

Dunno if it was worth a direct of amiibo, F2P garbage, amiibo, DLC, amiibo etc. but it was by far the most interesting thing. Mainly because who the fuck associates Cloud with Nintendo.

Pranay

People said the same thing about Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest XI on the PS4. There's a very good chance that FFVIIr will come to the NX after the exclusivity period ends.

People port begging for a console which they dont know about seems funny personally

TVGamer

Neo Member
Um... Didn't really expect or want this. I mean more power to those hyped for him, but I didn't really expect him as someone so many people wanted.

Gartooth

Holy shit! Basically opened the door for any popular 3rd party character. (Though it didnt stop people from trying to rationalize Snake for years)

My friend is freaking out over this so Im happy for him. Find it funny how Smash somehow always promotes 3rd party Playstation exclusives. lol

Brawl-> Snake -> MGS4
Smash 4 -> Ryu -> SF5
Smash 4 -> Cloud -> FF7R

Jawmuncher

So good.
Shuts up everyone going "But Nintendo History is needed for Smash Characters".
Also just broke all expectations for character inclusions. Cloud was the reveal Smash needed. Hoepfully people will be done with putting rules on daddy sakurai for the characters he wants.

Now to wait for snake in december.

Top Bottom