• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coffee Beers really are the best kind of beer there is

Status
Not open for further replies.

fancimus

I don't even like coffee and yet coffee beers really appeal to my tastes so well.
Same. I like the smell of coffee and enjoy it mixed with other products (ice cream, etc.) but don't like drinking it on its own.

Coffee beer isn't my overall favorite, but I order one from time to time. I was at Modern Times brewery in San Diego last week and had one of theirs. Pretty great!

pablito

As someone that loves coffee and beer, beers with coffee in them haven't quite been the experience I dreamed of. But I do like them.

I had that Espresso Arrogant Bastard and liked it way more than I thought I would. I REALLY need to try the Goose Island Coffee Bourbon County Stout. I tried the non coffee and it was fantastic.

I need to retry the Founder's Breakfast Stout as well.

Weevilone

Oh man Prairie Bomb is so good. But it's like $10 for a small bottle.

It's been like $6.50 locally and amazing. I ended up picking up a case of 12, but the brother-in-law got half. Need go see if I can still get it.. so good.

Surprised nobody mentioned New Holland's Dragon Milk Reserve with Coffee/Chocolate.

hitsugi

Coffee beers are indeed excellent. Especially stouts. I'm also partial to milk stouts lately.

Stone's Coffee Milk Stout is a fantastic buy at $9.99 for a 6-pack.

Alavard

I dislike coffee regularly, and there is only one coffee-flavored beer I like:

2015-ONMP-Bottle-Glass-10inWEB.png

The seasonal Old North Mocha Porter from Lake of Bays Brewery here in Ontario, Canada. Something about it is just perfect for a cold winter evening.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Currently in Colorado drinking the best coffee beer of all time.

Copper Kettle Brewery
Coffee Mexican chocolate stout.

Dudes. I'm in heavennnnnnn. I'm in heavennnnnnnn and my heart beats so that I can hardly Speaaaaaaaak! LOL

Had Founders Breakfast Stout on tap the other night. I enjoyed it. Been on a stout kick for the past month, love anything that isn't sweet for the most part.

Weevilone

Just had this on draft a couple days ago. I'd highly recommend if you can find it, prob one of my top 5 beers all time.

2015-StoneXocoveza_12oz_hero_thumb.jpg

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Just had this on draft a couple days ago. I'd highly recommend if you can find it, prob one of my top 5 beers all time.

2015-StoneXocoveza_12oz_hero_thumb.jpg
This is legit the best coffee beer of all time. I did not think they were making it anymore.

I was at this place that had it on draft and i sweet talked my way to getting a full pint pour instead of the little goblet. Best coffee beer for sure!

Faenix1

Never even heard of these before!

Punched some of these in at lcbo.com and some are $30, some I don't see. Eh. Not sure i'd blindly try 'em. lol

Zips

I have yet to find a flavoured beer (chocolate, gingerbread, pumpkin, whatever) that actually tasted like what it was supposedly mixed or made with. Just tasted like dark stouts basically.

Disappointing. Hopefully will find a nice one someday.

e21jtmd.jpg

The previous coffee beer by Sixpoint, 3Beans, was great too.

Can't beat the Coffee & Cream Stout on tap at Triumph Brewing Company using Small World Coffee's beans.

Sounds like something I should try...

Wait, I forgot, I'm German. Real beer has to be brewed only with water, barley, hops and yeast. What is this filth? ;)

Jonm1010

Banned
Love coffee, love beer. Coffee beers are alright.

Give me a quality IPA like Stone or Dogfish Head 90 minute or give me a high quality abbey like Rochefort over a coffee stout any day though.

I can have one when I'm in the mood but never more then one.

With that said Founders and Mikkeller Beer are top notch in the category. Heck Mikkeller is just flat out one of the best breweries in the world. Can't really think of any type of beer that they don't excel at outside of abbeys.

pablito

Give me a quality IPA like Stone or Dogfish Head 90 minute or give me a high quality abbey like Rochefort over a coffee stout any day though.

I can have one when I'm in the mood but never more then one.

I had a similar mindset, but I'm trying to let it go. I was all about the IPAs, still am. But I'm trying to find my favorites of other styles now. More to love :)

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I'm in Minnesota, so the only two I know about is Surly, and Tyranena (WI beer).

I hate most beers, but Surly Coffee Bender doesn't really taste like beer. It tastes like iced coffee. I even add a bit of cream to it.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I'm in Minnesota, so the only two I know about is Surly, and Tyranena (WI beer).

I hate most beers, but Surly Coffee Bender doesn't really taste like beer. It tastes like iced coffee. I even add a bit of cream to it.
Dunno if you have ever done a beer float but coffee beer makes the best beerfloat!

Just found out that there is no way to get Founders breakfast stout in CO. They don't ship to anyone here.

Infinite sadness!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
2 new brews have been tried. And they are not bad at all!!!

CRAZY MOUNTAIN BREWERY
SNOWCAT COFFEE STOUT
This beer was pretty good but was not my favorite coffee beer. I felt like the taste was there but was clouded by too much of something. Too Bitter for me to drink more than 1 or 2 in a sitting. Maybe it was the malt they used. The art is really cool but this one is low on my list of Coffee beers. IBU of 57 and ABV of 5.9%
OAKSHIRE BREWING
OVERCAST ESPRESSO STOUT

This one caught me by surprise. I have never had Oakshire brewing beers so i was a but skeptical about this one. Boy was it amazing! At an IBU of 27 and an ABV of 5.8%, this beer is my new session coffee beer. I love its taste and the coffee flavor is strong but the whole beer is not overly bitter at all! I really enjoy this one and hope you can try it sometime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom